Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 09:32 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,966,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Education is mostly it. In MN we are still over 90% white I believe and always go Democrat.

As I recall MN was about 52% D and 45% R in the election. Not overwhelmingly Democrat And it is not New England.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2012, 09:33 PM

1,466 posts, read 1,230,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
No, it wasn't...guess you slept through deductive reasoning when you were in college, eh?
There's no need to hate college grads just because you didn't go. I don't hate people who don't go to college.

But I forgot that the right hates people different from them.

Old 12-16-2012, 09:34 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,919,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELR123 View Post
There's no need to hate college grads just because you didn't go. I don't hate people who don't go to college.

But I forgot that the right hates people different from them.
Who hates college grads???

Slept through the informal fallacy discussions while you were in school as well??

There goes that "intelligence" thing again.

Old 12-16-2012, 09:36 PM

Quote:
You're welcome. I will enjoy being able to provide for my future family some day. I know that makes me evil, and that I'm selling my soul to the devil, yada yada yada.
Oh, ok... Yea, forget "values".. Who wants or needs those, right?

Oh wait, I thought Liberals were the ideologues of values that DO NOT derive from dogma like Religion but from logic...

So far, the only logic you have presented is.... "do as you are prescribed".

Old 12-16-2012, 09:40 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,381,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Education is mostly it. In MN we are still over 90% white I believe and always go Democrat.
Like most states MN goes democrat because of Minneapolis which overwhelmingly votes democrat like most urban areas. You're also the state who voted Jessie Ventura governor, so much for intelligence.

Old 12-16-2012, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Oh, ok... Yea, forget "values".. Who wants or needs those, right?

Oh wait, I thought Liberals were the ideologues of values that DO NOT derive from dogma like Religion but from logic...

So far, the only logic you have presented is.... "do as you are prescribed".
When have I used that logic? The only logic I've used is that I like money. Who doesn't?

And what do values have to do with this? Is getting a degree immoral? No one told me.

And you would probably say my values are based off religion loosely, even though religion is really more based off common human values.

Old 12-16-2012, 09:44 PM

29,609 posts, read 16,595,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emcee squared View Post
Blue in the center with a red border, basically. That's Minnesota.
NOPE

Minnesota Senate Race - 2012 Election Center - Elections & Politics from CNN.com

Minnesota is one of those states where the Democratic Party inside the state is far more popular than the party at large.

Old 12-16-2012, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Who hates college grads???

Slept through the informal fallacy discussions while you were in school as well??

There goes that "intelligence" thing again.
When have I brought up intelligence? Yeah, I'm probably more intelligent than you, but that has nothing to do with this. I don't know why you keep bringing my intellect into this.

I said they're more educated in New England, not smarter. There are plenty of intelligent people who are simply uneducated, and thus believe a lot of stupid things.

Old 12-16-2012, 09:51 PM

29,609 posts, read 16,595,963 times
Quote:
Ok, so let me break it down for a (I suspect) Liberal?

(I thought this was the intellectual ideologues....*shrugs*)

To sum it up....

Saying "Most college graduates are Democrats so Democrats are more intelligent by default"

is the same logic as...

"Most jobs hire college graduates so a degree = vocation"

And that couldn't be further from the truth....because all that college is, is a false barrier into the job market. It's only reflective of capacity at the very high percentile and specialized fields. But the truth is, a great share of college graduates are rewarded for simply following instructions and not going off the beaten path.

And that does not require intelligence.
Thats not what he argued though. He said "most people with college degrees make more money" and that is true.

also, if college really was the Democratic re education system as you claim then explain Rick Santorum or Mitt Romney ?

Old 12-16-2012, 09:58 PM

Quote:
When have I used that logic? The only logic I've used is that I like money. Who doesn't?

And what do values have to do with this? Is getting a degree immoral? No one told me.

And you would probably say my values are based off religion loosely, even though religion is really more based off common human values.
Getting a degree is not "immoral"....the system is rigged for you to pretty much have to get a degree.

The only point I am trying to make is that Democrats being comprised of more college graduates =/= Democrats being a more "intelligent" party. On the same token, having a degree =/= capacity or vocation.

In regards to prestigious institutions like MIT, Yale, Brown etc. etc. But these prestigious institutions make up a very small percent of the population. And these institutions are heavily influenced by special interests. So, even in the case of the "intellectually elite", what direction they cast their ballot holds no significance because people tend to vote in their best interest rather than altruistically or "ethically".

So saying "Democrats are more intellectual" is not true..but the truth isn't any better than the misconception.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies