Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 10:01 AM

1,684 posts, read 1,185,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
He did just what he was supposed to and even showed it to the Mexican customs officers...It was apparently a few minutes later, after already clearing the border he was arrested. From there, of course, they tried to extort money from his family...Have you been following the story at all?
I have...every single bit of it. I saw him on TV the other day. Treated like an animal. Hammar wasn't an animal. I am....... RAWR!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2012, 10:05 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
He did just what he was supposed to and even showed it to the Mexican customs officers...It was apparently a few minutes later, after already clearing the border he was arrested. From there, of course, they tried to extort money from his family...Have you been following the story at all?
No, he didn't do it correctly. ALL weapons must be preregistered before entering the country as they all need to be apporved and permitted by the Mexican Military. A process that takes months.

Old 12-22-2012, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
No, he didn't do it correctly. ALL weapons must be preregistered before entering the country as they all need to be apporved and permitted by the Mexican Military. A process that takes months.
Then I want the illegal alien who was driving without a drivers license and insurance who hit my co-worker's truck and ran chained to a bed and beaten.

He got off free and clear because the LEO didn't see him do it and there were no witnesses. My buddy even followed the son of a b*tch back to the place he lived or was staying. The damage is right there he said...that's even my paint on his car.

LEO..."Sorry...I didn't see him do it and there were no witnesses".

Should have drug him out of that house ourselves, beat him senseless and deported him back where he belongs.

Old 12-22-2012, 10:16 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
Good news,to bad about all the negitive posts about the man trying to do the right thing.I have been kidnapped in Mexico and had a machine gun in my ear by cops and left in the jungle to find my own way out. that was back in the 80's will never sail there again. I hate Mexican cops
and I can not believe for one second anyone that knows anything about the story could defend the Mexican customs, police or could say the guy was to blame and deserved to be arrested..

Old 12-22-2012, 10:20 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Victor View Post
Then I want the illegal alien who was driving without a drivers license and insurance who hit my co-worker's truck and ran chained to a bed and beaten.

He got off free and clear because the LEO didn't see him do it and there were no witnesses. My buddy even followed the son of a b*tch back to the place he lived or was staying. The damage is right there he said...that's even my paint on his car.

LEO..."Sorry...I didn't see him do it and there were no witnesses".

Should have drug him out of that house ourselves, beat him senseless and deported him back where he belongs.
Listen your barking at the choir.

Also two wrongs dont make a right. Your just as bad as those that tried to extort money from the Marine's family if you had followed through with your fantasy of violence.

Old 12-22-2012, 10:21 AM

7,138 posts, read 11,030,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
You missed some details: Jabin was way over on the west side of El Paso (with the next delivery in Phoenix), and meandered around 12 miles (he said his GPS was broken, but did not call his boss) back towards the border. He said a truck prevented him changing lanes, forcing him to take an exit towards Mexico. The story (which CBP denies) was that someone in a blue uniform (CBP officers are dressed in black, and would have been stationed right at the u-turn gate) directed him to turn around in Mexico.

He tried to turn around within the truck inspection area (which you can't do), and told inspectors he had nothing to declare. Only then did he call his boss. Demco Expresss (Jabin's trucker employment) was exposed by his bad driving, and on review was shut down for a few months for having ten drivers that were not licensed for trucks!

If Jabin would have been off a "Hazardous Cargo" route in the United States, when something would have happened to that load of ammo, there wouldn't have been support saying he was so innocent (Jabin had been to prison in the U.S., and has an 18-page rap sheet here). He's not a very good truck driver, but he lies quite a bit. There's been a lawsuit against Demco Express, because the load was lost and not insured properly.
Yeah, OK. At least the driver was a US citizen. Most of the truck drivers on the road today, are not.

I believe his problem was that there is no U-turn gate for trucks at that location. At least not on the US side of the border. Oh and BTW, Border Patrol uniforms are green, not black. Since you are wrong about the color of their uniforms, the truck drive could just as easily be mistaking about the color he saw.

Regardless, knowing what I know now. If I was a truck driver with a load of ammunition and I took a wrong turn onto a road heading to the Mexican Boarder. I would stop U-turn right there on the road and head right back the way I came from, regardless of what any LEO told me to do. Even if I got arrested for it, I'd rather be in a US jail, rather then one in Mexico. But thats just me.

Old 12-22-2012, 10:23 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,241,253 times
Thank you President Obama!

Old 12-22-2012, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Listen your barking at the choir.
No...just one example of a "hit-n-run" who got away with it. That's just one day in America. What if he killed somebody?

He would look much better tied up with duct tape and tossed into the back of that Chevy 3500 van.

With any luck, we'll come to a complete stop before we toss his ass back out on the road over the border.

Old 12-22-2012, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
He is a dumbass who made a dumbass mistake in circumstances where dumbassery can get you in deep trouble.
and another lib who has absolutely no compassion for anyone who might not agree with him? I really am totally shocked, but I guess I shouldn't be. he did check in case you haven't heard, but even he hadn't, do you think chaining someone to a bed is called for?

Old 12-22-2012, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Nah, doesn't work like that the other way. Let a Mexican soldier get caught here with a gun or committing a crime. He'll get NO support from anybody here. He'll be deamonized. Americans always try to exert priviledge even over other soverign nations.
let a Mexican vet get caught here: they get free defense and most likely released to live on welfare...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies