Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 02:01 AM

468 posts, read 553,536 times

Advertisements

http://narth.com/2012/10/answers-to-...homosexuality/

NARTH » The Real Comparison of Harm from Smoking vs. Possible Harm of Sexual-Orientation Change Efforts (SOCE)

NARTH » What do clinical studies say?

NARTH » “Born that way” theory

NARTH » Setting the Record Straight: What You Did Not Hear on a Recent Television Show Featuring NARTH

PFOX - Diary of an Ex-gay Man, Part 1

Science and homosexuality | genes and homosexuality | Are brains gay?| What causes homosexuality, lesbianism?| Download the book, My Genes Made Me Do It!| Twin Studies|nature/nurture?| Can sexual orientation change -My genes made me do it!

I COMPLETELY support same sex marriage, all the legal rights etc.

I opppose ALL bullying..whether by religious folk, ignorant folk, and even the GLBT lobby with their silly outing crap.

I disagree with many of the things the GLBT lobby attempts to promote, like denying people legit info on causation, using stupid celebs to promote careless risky behaviour when more than half of HIV infections occur in gay men, not promoting access to therapy to at least assist with sex addiction, promoting dangerous activities in the name of tolerance (like Kevin Jennings, glsen and the fistgate thing).

Disagreeing with behaviour does not = hatred or bullying. These folks are victims of developmental problems that were caused by factors totally out of their control.

These people need love, support, kindness, assistance and guidance. It isn't their fault they've been denied crucial info and support that could have saved many lives.

Peace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2012, 02:09 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,932,122 times
Those of you ok with 'gay-to straight-therapy', would you be ok with therapy to turn white people black, or vice versa? Of course not, can't change someone's skin color, and it would be discriminating to imply one was better than the other. Well guess what, that all applies to homosexual therapy as well. They are born that way, and trying to change them implies heterosexuality is somehow better, ie it's discrimination.

Old 12-23-2012, 02:32 AM

30,354 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Seriously, you're going to use NARTH as your primary source??

Go do some REAL research, preferably not from a hate group, and then maybe we can talk about this. In case you weren't aware, using NARTH to prove anything about homosexuality is like using KKK "articles" to prove blacks are inferior.

Quote:
I COMPLETELY support same sex marriage, all the legal rights etc.

I opppose ALL bullying..whether by religious folk, ignorant folk, and even the GLBT lobby with their silly outing crap.

I disagree with many of the things the GLBT lobby attempts to promote, like denying people legit info on causation, using stupid celebs to promote careless risky behaviour when more than half of HIV infections occur in gay men, not promoting access to therapy to at least assist with sex addiction, promoting dangerous activities in the name of tolerance (like Kevin Jennings, glsen and the fistgate thing).

Disagreeing with behaviour does not = hatred or bullying. These folks are victims of developmental problems that were caused by factors totally out of their control.

These people need love, support, kindness, assistance and guidance. It isn't their fault they've been denied crucial info and support that could have saved many lives.

Peace.
"They" are all individuals with individual needs, and you have no right to imply they need fixing. Most of the gay people I know are perfectly comfortable with themselves, not to mention generally successful in life... the only support they need is from their loved ones (as we all do), and sending them to some quack therapy or sermons will accomplish nothing.

If they really want outside help, they can always search the Internet, visit a library, or call a real doctor/psychiatrist. Nobody's banning psychiatry or religion, are they? So take your pick, but please don't try to combine the two - it's just plain dangerous, and probably rather counter-productive.

Last edited by gizmo980; 12-23-2012 at 02:40 AM..

Old 12-23-2012, 02:42 AM

30,354 posts, read 51,942,966 times
P.S. The things you oppose are not exclusive to homosexuals... you're describing specific behaviors, which not all homosexuals engage in, and many heterosexuals do. Just FYI. I also wish people would stop bringing up that stupid "fistgate" thing, when most of you don't even know what really happened.

Old 12-23-2012, 04:31 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlycurious View Post
NARTH » ANSWERS TO FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT NARTH & HOMOSEXUALITY

narth » the real comparison of harm from smoking vs. Possible harm of sexual-orientation change efforts (soce)

narth » what do clinical studies say?

narth » “born that way” theory

narth » setting the record straight: What you did not hear on a recent television show featuring narth

pfox - diary of an ex-gay man, part 1

science and homosexuality | genes and homosexuality | are brains gay?| what causes homosexuality, lesbianism?| download the book, my genes made me do it!| twin studies|nature/nurture?| can sexual orientation change -my genes made me do it!

I completely support same sex marriage, all the legal rights etc.

I opppose all bullying..whether by religious folk, ignorant folk, and even the glbt lobby with their silly outing crap.

I disagree with many of the things the glbt lobby attempts to promote, like denying people legit info on causation, using stupid celebs to promote careless risky behaviour when more than half of hiv infections occur in gay men, not promoting access to therapy to at least assist with sex addiction, promoting dangerous activities in the name of tolerance (like kevin jennings, glsen and the fistgate thing).

Peace.
Lolololololololo!!!!!! NARTH? Lolololololololololololololol!!!!!

You don't have a clue who they are do you?

If they are your source of 'information' about gay and lesbian people then I can guarantee none of it of it has any basis in reality.

Old 12-23-2012, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
My opinion:

(3) Some data suggest gay males are not close to their father, and often times their mother is dominant in the family. So they may have lacked a role model since childhood.
Oh please. I would LOVE to see this so called data you claim.

That old Freudian idea was debunked long ago. It's only the religious loonies at NARTH who keep making that ridiculous claim.

Old 12-23-2012, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I was thrilled to see this block and hopefully it will go further. Imagine, these were the same kids that the parents were trying to get to wash their hands before they ate and now.............. Who wouldn't want to try to help their children not end up with ill health both mental and physical? Lessen their chances of contracting HIV/AIDS and I can just imagine the ills from anal/oral contact, not to mention a higher rate of suicide even in countries and areas where the stigma of the LGBT lifestyle has been removed or at least moved into the shadows. We want the best for our children. I used to buy into the "you don't choose who you fall in love with" but after reading about the sexual acts and percentages engaging in them, and I swear I don't even understand why are considered sexual, many are very abusive in nature, I understood why homosexuality was considered a mental health condition. If you don't understand why a parent would want to have their child in therapy there is a PDF file that is excellent and current entitled "The Negative Health Consequences of Same-Sex Sexual Behavior" by Andre Van Mol, MD dated July 27, 2011. Read it. About who you love? In what sick world? If the LGBT community would not have pushed to have it removed as a mental health issue, instead of suicide and depression, etc., they could be getting the help that they need.
How much of your life do you waste sucking in anti-gay propaganda like this?

Old 12-23-2012, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Face it, it is all about getting off, using someone else's body to do it. Has nothing to do with reproducing.

It is more of a really close friendship, than a relationship to create life.
Nope. Not even close.

Old 12-23-2012, 04:57 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
Regardless of my personal feelings about the therapy, this was the right thing to do. Want to start an education campaign against the therapy, great. Banning it however is wrong, especially if the child wants it.

Old 12-23-2012, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Let me guess, you're a sock puppet of Riverboat Gambler? He used to post nonsensical pictures and attack gays like his life depended on it.
Thanks Fiyero. I thought the style was familiar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies