Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 04:26 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,846,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
no, as a foreign citizen, he should just be shown the backdoor and have himself pinged.
Do you mean like the Native American's should have done to the settlers who also came from "over the pond" without a invite?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2012, 04:28 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,500,362 times
So Piers Morgan should leave the country because of his beliefs?

Old 12-23-2012, 04:31 PM

768 posts, read 879,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
So Piers Morgan should leave the country because of his beliefs?
We didnt let the westboro dude into england because of his beliefs. Its quite common practice in insecure little countries like the US and UK to deny entry to people who might choose to exercise their rights to freedom of speech.

Old 12-23-2012, 04:41 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
The amount of signatures for the petition already made it but I have no clue what will happen next.

Frankly I don't care what happens to Pierce and if he wants to stay it's fine to me and nobody cares what I think, but I do care about him bashing many republicans and US laws in a way that he doesn' even let a guest finish their sentence.

I now and then watch him otherwise I can't have an opinion but usually switch channels pretty fast...and I believe that he will not survive another season as a tv host and I mean that his contract will not be renewed ....

Old 12-23-2012, 04:42 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Thanks. I checked into that one and found that it was over 25,000. Ain't it grand?
Wow, people seems to keep signing the petition and it goes higher fast...

Old 12-23-2012, 04:53 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,500,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAWS View Post
We didnt let the westboro dude into england because of his beliefs. Its quite common practice in insecure little countries like the US and UK to deny entry to people who might choose to exercise their rights to freedom of speech.
this is about Piers Morgan and that he should leave the U.S...

The same people who want Piers Morgan to leave the country because of his beliefs even though his beliefs are protected under the first amendment are the same people crying that people want to take away their second amendment rights..... its hypocrisy

Westboro beliefs are very extreme

Last edited by iNviNciBL3; 12-23-2012 at 05:06 PM..

Old 12-23-2012, 06:58 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Wow, isn't that precious! 25,000 people agree that someone should be deported for the sole reason that he expresses an opinion that they don't agree with. Oh, and Roy....people are bringing up the 1st amendment in threads like this because your buddy LaPeirre is so willing to throw it under the bus while crying about protecting the 2nd amendment. That is spelled: H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-T-I-C-A-L.
Unless Piersy is a US citizen, the 1st, 2nd, and so forth, doesn't apply to him.

Mr. LaPierre is a citizen.

Deal with it

/damn

Old 12-23-2012, 07:02 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Unless Piersy is a US citizen, the 1st, 2nd, and so forth, doesn't apply to him.

Mr. LaPierre is a citizen.

Deal with it

/damn
So are you saying that the laws of our country don't apply to people who are here legally? Give me a break. We don't treat legal immigrants like second class citizens. Where ever did you get your education? He might not be able to buy a gun or vote, but speaking up in public is not restricted.

Old 12-23-2012, 07:14 PM

1,202 posts, read 1,252,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
So are you saying that the laws of our country don't apply to people who are here legally? Give me a break. We don't treat legal immigrants like second class citizens. Where ever did you get your education? He might not be able to buy a gun or vote, but speaking up in public is not restricted.
Sure we don't.

Old 12-24-2012, 03:34 AM

2,860 posts, read 3,387,163 times
Quote:

Wall Street Journal columnist James Taranto Saturday night joined in the chorus of American voices suggesting that British-born CNN host Piers Morgan could legally be deported from this country for his televised attacks on the Second Amendment, and pointed out the legal precedent that leaves Morgan vulnerable to deportation.

Morgan began the dispute when he complained on Twitter Saturday about a petition on the White House’s “We the People” Web page that asks the government to deport him.

“British Citizen and CNN television host Piers Morgan is engaged in a hostile attack against the U.S. Constitution by targeting the Second Amendment. We demand that Mr. Morgan be deported immediately for his effort to undermine the Bill of Rights,” the drafters of the petition wrote in their introductory statement.

The petition has already netted more than 13,000 signatures one day after its launch, putting it well on pace to reach its goal of 25,000. That’s the threshold at which the Obama administration has promised to respond to online petitions submitted on the White House website, provided they reach that number in 30 days.

“Ironic U.S. gun rights campaign to deport me for ‘attacking 2nd Amendment rights’ – is my opinion not protected under 1st Amendment rights?,” Morgan tweeted.

“Your opinion is protected, your presence in the U.S. is not. See Kleindienst v. Mandel (1972),” Taranto replied to Morgan.

Taranto linked to transcripts from a 1972 U.S. Supreme Court ruling that the U.S. Attorney General’s refusal to allow a foreign journalist into the United States did not violate the First Amendment. The case resulted from Nixon administration attorney general Richard Kleindienst’s refusal to grant a temporary nonimmigrant visa to Marxist Belgian journalist Ernest Mandel.

Taranto’s tweet was praised by Twitter users who would like to send Morgan back to his native land.

“I knew there was a reason I’ve liked you for years,” tweeter Lee Dodson said to Taranto. “Excellent shot across this silly Brit’s bow. Well done.”

Morgan has been using his CNN talk show to blast gun-rights advocates in the aftermath of the Sandy Hook elementary school shooting in Connecticut on Dec. 14.

“There are nearly 12,000 murders a year from guns in this country. When are you guys [Second Amendment supporters] going to focus on that and stop telling me the answer is more guns. It is not the answer! How many more kids have to die before you guys say, ‘We want less guns, not more,’” Morgan said on the air December 14.

Morgan is the host of CNN’s low-rated talk show “Piers Morgan Tonight,” occupying the slot once held by American citizen Larry King. He was previously the editor of multiple British tabloids, including the News of the World, which ended its run in 2011 amid allegations of phone hacking.

MSNBC host Martin Bashir, another left-leaning British journalist who hosts an American TV show, did not immediately weigh in on Taranto’s tweet.
Wall Street Journal columnist explains how to deport Piers Morgan | The Daily Caller

So yes, there is legal precedent that Morgan, in essence, as a foreigner, has no right to attack the Constitution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies