Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 09:34 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,068,476 times

Advertisements

Supporters of big business and small government just care about profits...social welfare, or individual lives, can be overlooked in the pursuit of profits. Jobs.etc mean more than the gun deaths, so they either delude themselves or deny what they know to be true.

That their industry is built on the corpses of those who had died. They've duped many Americans into believing that they need guns, giving them the false security it will make them safer. I'm not talking a total ban, but more controls. But no, it sounds like they aren't going to budge, just make excuses that most NRA members are such good, law-abiding citizens (which I don't doubt they are) that the minority who aren't fit to own guns don't really exist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2012, 09:37 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Why do want to deny people the right to defend themselves?

Old 12-23-2012, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
From who, thugs who can easily purchase guns because of their easy availability?

Old 12-23-2012, 09:43 AM

1,684 posts, read 1,185,696 times
Quote:
For our friend Trimac......

Crocodile Dundee - That's not a knife - YouTube

Old 12-23-2012, 09:43 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
From who, thugs who can easily purchase guns because of their easy availability?
So you prefer only the government can have guns ( speaking of thugs)

Old 12-23-2012, 09:52 AM

Quote:
So you prefer only the government can have guns ( speaking of thugs)
As corrupt some cops can be, yes, I'd have more trust in them then some hood from the wrong end of town.

Speaking of which, you think a civilian militia could really take on the US Military? All they'd have to do was nuke y'all to kingdom come.

Old 12-23-2012, 09:57 AM

I think the mentality goes hand and hand with defending ones self. You have to be a little crazy in the first place, or you won't succeed and win.

Becoming a victim is the last thing on all our minds who make the choice to do whatever it takes to foil the bad guys plans.

The shock factor alone can send some criminals into running for their lives. That's a good day in my book. The yellowbelly coward who just lays down and takes whatever is coming to him won't be so lucky.

Often times criminals carefully select their victims. They size you up and the way you carry yourself and body language. "Oh **** that guy looks like he can fight and may have a gun or a knife". NEXT>>>>>>>>

The people who are against S/D project that image outwards. A hood can spot it a mile away. You're a ticking time bomb just waiting for something to happen. I also can spot "printing" on people. That's when they are carrying a firearm and make a reasonable effort to hide it, yet someone like me can still spot it on them. It takes a trained eye and lot's of experience...but you get it nailed after awhile. He's also armed..........

Old 12-23-2012, 10:00 AM

1,724 posts, read 1,471,661 times
Quote:
Speaking of which, you think a civilian militia could really take on the US Military? All they'd have to do was nuke y'all to kingdom come.
The fact that you believe the government will nuke some back yard hillbillies, which would have devastating effects on millions of innocent people isn't an argument for civil government.

Old 12-23-2012, 10:00 AM

Quote:
As corrupt some cops can be, yes, I'd have more trust in them then some hood from the wrong end of town.

You're forgetting about all U.S. former military VETs buddy.

We also have a Constitution that protects our own troops from being used against us, as long as dinglebutt in the White House observes it. He's not the sharpest knife in the drawer though, nor the most honest.

I was a U.S. Marine......I feel 100% sure my own brothers wouldn't harm me.

Old 12-23-2012, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Common Anomaly View Post
The fact that you believe the government will nuke some back yard hillbillies, which would have devastating effects on millions of innocent people isn't an argument for civil government.
The fact you call us firearm owners "backyard hillbillies" is laughable.

My money is on the gun owners......the others are too candyass to do anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies