Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 12:50 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,175,951 times

Advertisements

Repulsive "progressive" hypocrisy indeed:

Quote:
Beyond that, Obama has used drones to kill Muslim children and innocent adults by the hundreds. He has refused to disclose his legal arguments for why he can do this or to justify the attacks in any way. He has even had rescuers and funeral mourners deliberately targeted. As Hayden said: ”Right now, there isn’t a government on the planet that agrees with our legal rationale for these operations, except for Afghanistan and maybe Israel.” But that is all perfectly fine with most American liberals now that their Party’s Leader is doing it:

Fully 77 percent of liberal Democrats endorse the use of drones, meaning that Obama is unlikely to suffer any political consequences as a result of his policy in this election year. Support for drone strikes against suspected terrorists stays high, dropping only somewhat when respondents are asked specifically about targeting American citizens living overseas, as was the case with Anwar al-Awlaki, the Yemeni American killed in September in a drone strike in northern Yemen.
Explain yourselves liberals!

Repulsive progressive hypocrisy - Salon.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2014, 12:54 PM

3,555 posts, read 4,104,852 times
Who said anything about manned jets? Because your post certainly didn't.

Old 06-10-2014, 12:56 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,797,626 times
If we are going to drop bombs on enemy targets, I would rather have a drone do it instead of an American pilot being put in harms way if we can avoid it.

Old 06-10-2014, 01:00 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,972,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
If we are going to drop bombs on enemy targets, I would rather have a drone do it instead of an American pilot being put in harms way if we can avoid it.

Aww, you're a sweetheart.

Old 06-10-2014, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
Who said anything about manned jets? Because your post certainly didn't.
Well, since we have a bunch of mindless "drones" on this forum that need everything explained to them, i'll offer this:

1) Jets drop bombs.
2) Drones drop bombs
3) Liberals hate the idea of a jet dropping a bomb (it's called "war" for the illiterate and liberals hate war)
4) Liberals have no problem dropping a bomb from a drone (it's called "war" for the illiterate and liberals hate war.)
5) Bush dropped bombs from drones. Liberals hated him for it.
6) Obama dropped bombs from drones. Liberals love him for it.

It's called hypocrisy. Do I need to hyperlink to Miriam-Webster for you?

Old 06-10-2014, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Ah ok. So it's about the pilot in the cockpit, instead of the innocent people on the ground?? That's your concern? Do I have that right?

Old 06-10-2014, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Aww, you're a sweetheart.
Weird, your girl said the same thing.

Old 06-10-2014, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Ah ok. So it's about the pilot in the cockpit, instead of the innocent people on the ground?? That's your concern? Do I have that right?
Yes.

4,006 posts, read 6,054,182 times
Quote:
Amen brother!
A drone is a lot cheaper than an F-16 or A10 Warthog and as you said, if they get lucky and shoot it down, we don't lose a soldier.

3,555 posts, read 4,104,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Well, since we have a bunch of mindless monkeys on this forum that need everything explained to them, i'll offer this:

1) Jets drop bombs.
2) Drones drop bombs
3) Liberals hate the idea of a jet dropping a bomb (it's called "war" for the illiterate and liberals hate war)
4) Liberals have no problem dropping a bomb from a drone (it's called "war" for the illiterate and liberals hate war.)
5) Bush dropped bombs from drones. Liberals hated him for it.
6) Obama dropped bombs from drones. Liberals love him for it.

It's called hypocrisy. Do I need to hyperlink to Miriam-Webster for you?
There are a lot of assumptions in there, probably because you have made it your only mission in life to think you know what liberals believe. And you fail miserably.

Bush used drones and conservatives loved him. Obama used drones and conservatives hate him. End pointless thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies