Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2012, 05:56 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,929,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Thank goodness there's the guiding lights of moral conservatives like Newt Gingrich, Mark Sanford, Ted Haggard, et al to lead the way, eh?

You self-Righteous weenies are a never ending source of entertainment as you continue climbing up on that high moral horse you have no friggin' clue how to ride.

I really hate when people politicize stuff....but here we go anyway.

I'm not a "moral" anything. We are not born with morals.. there is no "right" thing to do inherently. So what do you have when you cut through all that BS?? A value. And that is what? A preference.

I prefer to NOT see children dry humping... Why? Because I have 3 children.. and I wouldn't want to see THEM on some promoters flyer like 2 knuckle dragging heathens that had no parent to tell them "Hey look, you look like a total buffoon"...

Are they my kids? No... but here is something for a left-tard to bite down on. Liberals love to stress empathy when it comes to down to their partisan "values". Well, here we go... I am being empathetic with parents of some stupid ass kids.

Well, you might say "it's their children, they may not care"...

Well, then guess what? I don't care if a 99 week'er needs 12 more weeks. It's not my unemployment.

See how easy that works?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2012, 06:05 AM

88 posts, read 103,391 times
From Plato to Hitler all have proclaimed that the youth of the day was unruly and in moral decay and the world goes on. This idea of some Christian Utopia that never existed is something we do not want to go back to. The days when there were just as many gays but they had to live a lie because of the pressure of the Christian right, or when women had to live under the rule of men, and the Christian right could make or break movies and books and music. I would rather live in a world with RAP and I hate that crap than a world where its baned and religion sets the moral rules of what is allowed and is not. Screw religion, you can keep your crazy bat crap to yourself. If religion is pushed into hiding its only poetic justice.

Old 12-30-2012, 06:14 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,929,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooka View Post
From Plato to Hitler all have proclaimed that the youth of the day was unruly and in moral decay and the world goes on. This idea of some Christian Utopia that never existed is something we do not want to go back to. The days when there were just as many gays but they had to live a lie because of the pressure of the Christian right, or when women had to live under the rule of men, and the Christian right could make or break movies and books and music. I would rather live in a world with RAP and I hate that crap than a world where its baned and religion sets the moral rules of what is allowed and is not. Screw religion, you can keep your crazy bat crap to yourself. If religion is pushed into hiding its only poetic justice.
Did you ever think that Plato might have been right....?? He was merely pointing out that humans values are decaying.. not that the world was going to end.

I find it amusing that you correlate the two when one wasn't even being talked about. Did you just have an epiphany?

Old 12-30-2012, 06:31 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,519,745 times
Teen pregnancy rates now lowest in 40 years. This does not necessarily mean that teens are having less sex since it could be due to increase use of contraceptives. The data goes back to 1940. One thing seems certain is that there has been significant teen promiscuity for quite a long time. So I would suggest that it is not some new phenomena.

Products - Data Briefs - Number 89 - April 2012

Old 12-30-2012, 09:03 AM

63,349 posts, read 29,423,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
I really hate when people politicize stuff....but here we go anyway.

I'm not a "moral" anything. We are not born with morals.. there is no "right" thing to do inherently. So what do you have when you cut through all that BS?? A value. And that is what? A preference.

I prefer to NOT see children dry humping... Why? Because I have 3 children.. and I wouldn't want to see THEM on some promoters flyer like 2 knuckle dragging heathens that had no parent to tell them "Hey look, you look like a total buffoon"...

Are they my kids? No... but here is something for a left-tard to bite down on. Liberals love to stress empathy when it comes to down to their partisan "values". Well, here we go... I am being empathetic with parents of some stupid ass kids.

Well, you might say "it's their children, they may not care"...

Well, then guess what? I don't care if a 99 week'er needs 12 more weeks. It's not my unemployment.

See how easy that works?
Good post. The thing is that moral decay is on the increase today because promiscuity is promoted in the movies, tv shows, unlike the past. Parents can direct their kids as best they can but outside influences are a lot stronger these days. Gay marriage has become acceptable, teen promiscuity and adult promiscuity is prevelant at the movies and on tv. Liberalism is being pushed on all levels while Christian principles are being defiled and spat on up to and including trying to do away with Christmas.

Old 12-30-2012, 09:12 AM

16,912 posts, read 10,647,206 times
Lol. The "worst" pictures are mainly a bunch of kids doing goofy things. There are few older kids in positions like the one posted in the first post. I'm sure that the OP never did such a thing when he was a teenager. Kids are taking pictures with their friends, must be the end of the world! There were not as many cameras readily available and readily shareable 30+ years ago, so I guess that must mean that this behavior is a new phenomenon.

Old 12-30-2012, 09:24 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,882,259 times
^^It is like a game of Twister.Right? Like we did in the 1970s when we were pre-teens. Well there was none of that bumping and grinding. That came later- around 8th grade or so.

Old 12-30-2012, 09:24 AM

14,129 posts, read 31,349,231 times
I guess one thing the very young and very old have in common is the mistaken belief that the current generation is the first to discover teenage sex.

Old 12-30-2012, 09:40 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,724,380 times
It's not "moral decay"; it's "entitlement"...or do I mean "enlightenment"

Us old fogies might say it's moral decay but the younger crowd would say it's progression and evolution.

It's what the current generation wants and tolerates.
One day the current generation will be the older generation saying the same thing of the generation after them.

It was once forbidden for women to wear pants in public.
Now it's totally acceptable to see a pregnant high school students in the year book with them having their own "Pregnant" page full of pictures.

Old 12-30-2012, 09:41 AM

17,290 posts, read 29,479,196 times
First, I would slap my child for posing for or engaged in "provcative posing" in public.

But, I am not naive enough to think that sex isn't on the mind of every teenager. This isn't a "decline in morals" thing.

Hundreds of years ago girls the age of 12, 13, 14 were married off to older men or older teenage boys, and started popping babies out before their 16th birthday. Romeo and Juliet, for pete's sake, involves a 14 year old girl.

It is only a recent development that teenage sexuality - and sexuality in general - has been so controlled and taboo.

Very interesting documentaries are available out there on how even Hollywood was once MORE open and free at its founding, before a bunch of Puritans got a hold of it and started imposing ridiculous rules and censorship. The whole "parents in separate beds" thing? Really? Yeah folks, life isn't a Disney Movie.

Today in America, there's zero moral problem with images of violence, gun culture, war and worship... yet heaven forbid Janet Jackson flash a nipple, or a man's penis be shown on television. Think of the children!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies