Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 02:53 PM

242 posts, read 355,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
The folks on C-D talking the loudest about guns are the main ones that wouldn't shoot a damn thing. At best, they'd pull it and end up getting pistol whipped with it.

LOL...........I'd love to see a few of them get P-Dubed.

Old 12-31-2012, 02:54 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,230,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Danes View Post
DISCLAIMER: I'm neither for nor against guns. Do whatever you want, just leave me alone.

I see all of you cowboys on here yapping about your gun rights and carrying a gun.

HAve you ever killed anyone? Just curious. I think a lot of you are weekend warriors.

MOST if not all of you don't want to end your comfy little lifestyles that you're lving and end up in prison.

Most of you are all talk. Have you killed anyone?
How many of you car owners have killed anyone.

I am neither for or against cars.

Old 12-31-2012, 03:10 PM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,878,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
I'm not going to address the idiotic "mechanic" analogy but I am going to try to explain what I believe is the OP's basic premise.

That is this: Gun owners say that they possess guns to protect home, property and person. For instance, Sunshine and Vera are kept by their respective owners just in case someone tries to break in to their house or attack them in public. Or perhaps to intervene in assistance to others who are being threatened.

I believe the original premise of the thread is to question how many people on the board have had to use their weapon in self defense of their home, property and person and ended up killing someone. Furthermore, the OP is questioning whether any of these gun owners have killed anyone on accident or unnecessarily.

The larger idea is how many people who possess and carry guns ever use them for their designed purpose.
Chances are that very few do. However, it's sort of like carrying extra water in your car when you cross the mojave in the summer. You never know if you need it but it's a good idea to have it.:

How do you know what gun owners say?

This is a straw man argument.
Who are you or the OP to represent what gun owners say?
I may be a gun owner, do you speak for me?

Whether you meant to or not you are making an assumptive statement (straw man) then expecting someone to address this mis-direction.

Gun owners don't need to say or justify why they exercise their 2nd amendment rights to you or anyone else.

Old 12-31-2012, 03:14 PM

46,302 posts, read 27,117,053 times
I'm still waiting to see all these posts the left wing idiots are talking about....cowboys....gun slingers....and blah blah blah.....guns people....

Come on lefties....show us what you are talking about....if you can....

Old 12-31-2012, 03:19 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,450,261 times
I find this an ingorant post.

Many responsible legal gun owners on this forum, not out to shoot anyone.

Does having 2 family members murdered in the privacy of their own home make you feel proud.

One murdered at point blank range in the head, the other stabbed to death.

If either one of my realitives had a gun, for protection their outcome may be different.

Why should the gosh damn crimianl element and gang bangers, mafia types, and drugies, be able to have guns, but law abiding citizens should not be, hogwash!

Stop making this something it clearly is not.

Old 12-31-2012, 03:27 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,184,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Well this boy is dead thanks to gun toters.
Boy, 8, accidentally kills self at gun show - US news - Life | NBC News

Here's a link with several people shooting people at gun shows, mostly on accident...funny how guns and accidents go hand in hand.
Gun Show DEATHS! (And near misses with the grim reaper) « feedback.pdxradio.com
Cars and accidents go together too.

Obesity and early death.

Motorcycles and accidents.

Catching crab on a fishing boat near Alaska.

Lots of bad things happen when people make mistakes. So lets not make so many mistakes, huh?

Old 12-31-2012, 03:27 PM

1,458 posts, read 2,659,735 times
This idea that we'll just **** our pants and run away when the bad guys come, quavering hands letting the guns clatter to the floor, is truly absurd.

Maybe so many of you have been raised without any adversity, without any exposure to real violence, without any circumstances where you feared for your lives that you can talk about how it is "so hard" to shoot a human. That is all that I can come up with. A lifetime of hunting removes a major portion of the obstacle a total newb would face; don't dismiss it. And someone who has broken into my house, or has threatened my kids etc is already dehumanized in my eyes.

It isn't hard, not when you really understand that you, your spouse or your kids are about to be victimized, and are skilled with your weapon.

Old 12-31-2012, 03:29 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,184,310 times
I don't know a single gun owner who did not fight in a war that killed a human. And they don't desire to either. Ever. But most are prepared to shoot someone in self defense. That's it.

So why does the OP think that gun owners are wanna-be warriors?

Last edited by hoffdano; 12-31-2012 at 04:21 PM..

Old 12-31-2012, 03:29 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,372,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Danes View Post
LOL...........I'd love to see a few of them get P-Dubed.
Of course you would, everyone knows liberals are the violent ones, especially when they can get someone else to do their dirty work for them.

Old 12-31-2012, 03:34 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,972,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I find this an ingorant post.

Many responsible legal gun owners on this forum, not out to shoot anyone.

Does having 2 family members murdered in the privacy of their own home make you feel proud.

One murdered at point blank range in the head, the other stabbed to death.

If either one of my realitives had a gun, for protection their outcome may be different.

Why should the gosh damn crimianl element and gang bangers, mafia types, and drugies, be able to have guns, but law abiding citizens should not be, hogwash!

Stop making this something it clearly is not.
At first i thought you had just read enough of me to know 2 were stabbed to death in a gun free zone.....

Now i see you lost family as well as I have.

No one else here seems to understand or even usually say something as shallow as 'sorry for your loss'.

People who read that when i say so seem to just skip over it as if it were just my own bad dream.

Like you I am on no hurry to harm anyone for any reason, but given the fact someone may want to cause me any harm I am prepared well enough to deal with it, while I might NOT like to.

The killing isn't hard to do nor is living with it afterwards, unless it is people you know and loved. So for me killing some criminal scum is no problem what so ever.

I have killed enough game of human size to eat that after the first times as a wee lad it has never bothered me again.

But for game i do say a prayer that no criminal would get.

At this point i am not sure if I would bother to call 911, or just let the coyotes have the kill. Either way I won't care about what happens to any violent offender.

The cops were written off long ago. When I called for help and was sternly lectured that the police are not my personal body guards I decided they would never hear from me again.

It can't be both ways.

Then after the Easter 1999 murders where SWAT showed up 2.5 hours after the Fire Dept, which took 1/2 hour and they only had to go 3 city blocks, for me that ended it....

I have never called the cops since, and if i had a need to, I would call the Fire Dept instead. At least they will come.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies