Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 01:21 PM

319 posts, read 612,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Really? What is their leverage: we're gonna shut down the government if we don't get what we want? We're gonna default on the US debt, destroy the country's economy along with that of the rest of the world? Those are some pretty good cards, huh? LOL. I don't give Obama any credit for this but the Reps got themselves into a real pickle when they refused to follow through on the "Grand Bargain" they negotiated with Obama a couple years ago.

Hey Ponderosa,

A Little known or understood constitutional fact. Debt Service is Auto Pay. Neither the Executive or Legislative Branches can stop debt payments.

Once something passes to Debt, it is paid first before all othe expenses. The real reason a government shutdown is problematic, all WIPS, Contracts, Federal Banking and Govt. Payroll are frozen during shutdowns.

Since the Fed is such a large employer and is involved in too many day to day operations a shutdown impacts millions of people, services and families.

That is why true conservatives want the Government Shutdown. As it occured in the 90's, a shutdown exposes everything we have gotten ourselves involved in.

You can't be the backer of the World Currency if you are Shutdown. Of course, we were never meant to be the backer of the World Currency.

We, ( the Federal Government) is the definition of "Too Big to Fail". Hence the reason we are in such a mess. Since 1993, our Federal Government has been involved with "Cooking the books". Messing around and regulating interest rates. It all came to a head after 9/11.

Everyone above 30 should remember the Clinton surplus, preceded by the Clinton Recession. Ask yourself, "How do you go from recession to surplus in a span of 6 years?"

The Clinton Surplus

GWB attempted the same slight of hand after 9/11, instead of letting reality take its course, we all had access to inflated, low interest money and at least 75 million people in America and many more throughout the world went insane.

The longer we allow our politicians to "Cook the Books" the greater the correction is going to be. As it is now, we can't pay off 16Trillion. This is now generational economics. The longer we let Washington get away with it our "Way of life" disappears, they will have to subjugate our children just to have money to spend.

In 10 years we will be living with 55% or greater income taxes. There will be no other way.

They want another "Bubble". They are counting on "The Next Big Thing". A huge economic jump covers up their poor accounting and overspending. "Revenue Erases All"

Do you remember when $100 was a lot of money?

Once upon a time if you made $100 a day you were doing well. Pre 1950, $39,000 for a house was a Mansion.

What changed?

Last edited by BugManTPC; 01-06-2013 at 01:31 PM.. Reason: Terrible spelling and grammar
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2013, 01:21 PM

4,494 posts, read 7,481,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarasotaBound1 View Post
I thought you'd cop out.. expect no less from union thugs. The government is for all. The government is being irresponsible for risking tax payer money to bail out thugs. It's unethical and again, it's theft. And heck no, they didnt make any money, that's bs. Just like the spending cuts were future cuts.

No tax payers signed a contract with you. Civil society? How civil when unions get to rape the tax payers - is that civi?

I dont give a damn about governors and transmission, i do know unions deserve to be treated like the thugs they are.

We should reverse the issue to see how much you freaking uniond like civility, you pay taxes to keep tax payers happy. How about that for civil?

I have no answers for your hostile stupidity. I concede....just blame everything on Obama and you'll be content with your life.

Geez..

Old 01-06-2013, 01:27 PM

4,494 posts, read 7,481,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugManTPC View Post
Please get a dictionary, your low IQ is coma inducing.

I am "Empathetic" to your lack of intelligence and I spent the time to bring some light to the dim cave between your ears.

Sorry, i was suffering entropy from reading your post. It's that bad....while reading your post. My I.Q. did drop...

What a snivelly whiner!

Old 01-06-2013, 01:36 PM

Cool Blue Grass Fever

Is it fever your suffering from or is it something your smoking? Blue Grass, maybe?

You are now and forever more known as Captain Zinger.

Thank you for your prophetic analysis. I wish you the best of luck. You may now go back to sleep.

Old 01-06-2013, 01:36 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Grass Fever View Post
Wow!

So what if, say, Company A payed back Gov't loan backed by taxpayers. And the Gov't actually made money on said loan on behalf of the taxpayer?

It has been documented over and over that union-held workforces out-man their non-union bretheren in sheer terms of productivity.

I would suspect you're a retrograde TeaPartier?
You are co-mingling private and public unions.

I have no issue with private unions and correctly managed public unions.

I have a major issue with entrenched public unions that hold the population hostage in mono-party systems....like Chicago.

Old 01-06-2013, 01:44 PM

657 posts, read 695,496 times
Quote:
I have no answers for your hostile stupidity. I concede....just blame everything on Obama and you'll be content with your life.

Geez..
No... i concede. Where did i mention Obama? If fairness, which the government swor to upheld, is hostility, than by all means i will be hostile against criminals passing as victims when they are really the perpetrators.

Please....

Old 01-06-2013, 01:49 PM

657 posts, read 695,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
You are co-mingling private and public unions.

I have no issue with private unions and correctly managed public unions.

I have a major issue with entrenched public unions that hold the population hostage in mono-party systems....like Chicago.
Let me get this, you are for correctly managed extortion? Yes...

The government is by all and for all. You cannot have 'special' people and 'non-special' people.

The special people get to sleep with politicians for their votes. Misterously, this ends up in higher wages for unions and higher taxes for the 'non-special' people. Maybe we should bring slavery back, as a tax payer, that would make me feel more in company.

Old 01-06-2013, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Perhaps you should pay more attention.

The "tax increases" you speak of are expiring policies.

I always act as though gas is 3.99 and literally save the 70 cents per gallon when it goes down to 3.29. We have been investing the money we "gained" from the payroll tax cuts in a savings account also.

Perhaps what we are learning is that some of you just aren't that good with your money.

I understand your argument, and as far as being good with money, my wife would tell you I am good at hiding it from her. Any primary earner who is married probably has the same issue, currently I have less to hide.

These were expiring policies in BO,s first term also, BO is the one who reduced SUTA, not Bush.

I am squarely in the middle class, I own a business however that will continue to provide for my family in perpetuity. And I am an independent.

With that said, we were promised on both sides no tax increases. Aside from paying more SUTA, I will pay more Capital Gains, if I were to die, my family looses 40% of my wealth.

How is any of this good for the people? And why is it such a bad thing to decrease spending, work within a budget and get out of people's lives?

The whole purpose of all of us meeting here is to debate......

If we can do that, we could learn from each other. HOWEVER

Old 01-07-2013, 05:20 PM

Smile Hey Blue, c'mon here boy, get over here Blue, good sheep!

Quote:
Sorry, i was suffering entropy from reading your post. It's that bad....while reading your post. My I.Q. did drop...

What a snivelly whiner!
How's this for whining, Captain Zinger?

U.S. Might Lack Cash to Pay All Bills Feb. 15, Policy Group Says - Bloomberg

Oh Man, Barack really showed us conservatives up! We should all bask in the Great Ones Glory!

Can I get another 6 Trillion, please sir?

In case your keeping score, Zinger, we are all screwed.

Lets give him a third term! Food Stamps for everyone! Ya Hoooo!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies