Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 07:27 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,388,688 times

Advertisements

This time, over the Hagel nomination:

Obama to nominate Chuck Hagel for defense secretary - The Washington Post

Anybody out there think Chuck Hagel WON'T be confirmed? If so, I got a fixer-upper in Moreno Valley I'd like to sell you!

Personally, I think it will be REFRESHING to have a Sec Def working for the US, instead of Israel. And I don't give a rat's ass about homophobic remarks Hagel made 16 years ago, when he and every other GOP senator was trying to block a Clinton appointment (yeah, 16 years ago, the GOP was trying to make CLINTON'S life miserable- plus ca change, as the French say)

The president has his BIG paddle out, guys, the one with the holes in it!

Next after Hagel... Debt Ceiling 2! Line up, Republicans, and bend over!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2013, 07:34 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
The Republicans made (and wet ) their bed that Obama is making them sleep in!

Old 01-06-2013, 07:34 PM

26 posts, read 25,716 times
war hero, successful businessmen that starting a company that actually created jobs, experience as a senator, that man should be president.

Old 01-06-2013, 07:35 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,773,129 times
The GOP lost seats in the House and Senate and lost the White House. The fact that they feel they get to drive the agenda in DC highlights their arrogance and stupidity.

Old 01-06-2013, 07:41 PM

768 posts, read 880,117 times
Mish's Global Economic Trend Analysis: Obama's Chance to Do Something Right: Nominate Hagel for Secretary of Defense; Why the War Party Fears Hagel
Democrats don't want Hagel simply because Hagel is a Republican. The Republicans do not want him because he is not a war-monger.

I dont know much about this guy, so sorry if i sound skeptical, but AIPAC are incidious and may well have infiltrated by making him falsely act anti-semitic whilst actually doing Israels bidding. Indeed, Miko Peled has noted the whole Iran smokescreen is just to deflect attention from Gaza: There will be no invasion.

Old 01-06-2013, 07:44 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,466,581 times
The majority of Republicans will vote against him, but they won't have the votes to filibuster

Old 01-06-2013, 07:44 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,938,652 times
Harder, baby, harder! Ooooh, yeah... like that!

Old 01-06-2013, 07:45 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,201,643 times
Once again the replies here show progressive liberals are absolutely clueless to what is actually occurring in Washington D.C.

Barney Frank joins bipartisan chorus opposing Chuck Hagel for Defense Secretary

Barney Frank joins bipartisan chorus opposing Chuck Hagel for Defense Secretary « Hot Air

If nominated for secretary of defense, Chuck Hagel will face bipartisan resistance.

Roadblocks for Hagel - Eliana Johnson - National Review Online

With Hagel's scorn and contempt of gays I would have thought the LBGT crowd here would have jumped all over this thread...

Old 01-06-2013, 07:49 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Once again the replies here show progressive liberals are absolutely clueless to what is actually occurring in Washington D.C.

Barney Frank joins bipartisan chorus opposing Chuck Hagel for Defense Secretary « Hot Air

If nominated for secretary of defense, Chuck Hagel will face bipartisan resistance.

With Hagel's scorn and contempt of gays I would have thought the LBGT crowd here would have jumped all over this thread...

Got any sources other than right-wing conservative sites that are supposing what progressives will or will not want?

Old 01-06-2013, 07:50 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,464,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post

They didn't jump all over Byrd for being a KKK organizer and they didn't jump all over Clinton for abusing his power position to get sexual favors from an intern, so why should they jump on Hagel?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies