Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 12:30 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,936,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
You'd MAKE them, would you? Why (other than the fact it's a dead-end job at Denny's)?
Perhaps you don't have much influence with your loved ones... I do.. I feel for you if your word doesn't mean much to those you love, but, we all make our own beds don't we...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2013, 12:33 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Perhaps you don't have much influence with your loved ones... I do..
You control the people you love? That doesn't sound like love to me.

Quote:
I feel for you if your word doesn't mean much to those you love, but, we all make our own beds don't we...
What a weird comment. I still don't understand why one would try and force someone he knew who worked at this Denny's to quit. If I made my livelihood working at this Denny's, I wouldn't quit over this nothing incident.

Old 01-07-2013, 12:36 AM

Quote:
You control the people you love? That doesn't sound like love to me.

What a weird comment. I still don't understand why one would try and force someone he knew who worked at this Denny's to quit. If I made my livelihood working at this Denny's, I wouldn't quit over this nothing incident.
I don't control anyone.. I meerly advise...They respect my opinion and abide by it. Weird comment? Nothing incident? This speaks volumes about you...

Old 01-07-2013, 12:38 AM

2,548 posts, read 2,163,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
so when the cops come to your business due to a robbery in progress, will you meet them in the street?

my business, I would not care what law abiding citizen was carrying into my business. ccw or open carry.
That's your right, just as another business has the right to not allow patrons to carry weapons onto their property.

Old 01-07-2013, 12:38 AM

Quote:
I don't control anyone.. I meerly advise...They respect my opinion and abide by it. Weird comment? Nothing incident? This speaks volumes about you...
Yeah, it's a nothing incident. It certainly doesn't rise to the level of employees giving up their livelihood in response.

Old 01-07-2013, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Yeah, it's a nothing incident. It certainly doesn't rise to the level of employees giving up their livelihood in response.
If you say so, I am not going to argue with you, but I stand by my earlier statement..

Old 01-07-2013, 12:41 AM

Quote:
I love my mother but I don't always abide by her wishes. Adults can do that you know. I think it's strange that anyone would make someone quit their job based on politics, especially someone they cared about.

Old 01-07-2013, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
I love my mother but I don't always abide by her wishes. Adults can do that you know. I think it's strange that anyone would make someone quit their job based on politics, especially someone they cared about.
It has nothing to do with politics and everything to do with safety on the job. The police chief banned his officers from being there while on duty. That means less protection... It's simply bad judgement on managements part. You don't **** off the local police when you run a business.. It's plain stupid...

Old 01-07-2013, 12:48 AM

Quote:
It has nothing to do with politics and everything to do with safety on the job. The police chief banned his officers from being there while on duty. That means less protection... It's simply bad judgement on managements part. You don't **** off the local police when you run a business.. It's plain stupid...
Cops never set foot in the vast majority of work places, does that mean people should quit their jobs? Not dining at Denny's doesn't mean they won't respond to an emergency.

Old 01-07-2013, 12:49 AM

Quote:
If you say so, I am not going to argue with you, but I stand by my earlier statement..
I mean come on.

A customer was uncomfortable that somebody in the restaurant had a gun and expressed his discomfort with a manager. The manager believed that the restaurant policy was that only uniformed police officers were allowed to have a gun in the restaurant. Accordingly, he asked the non-uniformed officer to please leave or otherwise remove the gun from the restaurant. The general manager then stepped in and overrode the other manager saying that police officers, whether uniformed or not, could have guns in the restaurant, apologized, and said they could stay.

Why in God's name should all the hostesses and waiters and cooks quit their jobs and walk away from their livelihood over that? That sounds insane to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies