Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 01:51 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times

Advertisements

City worker fired after caring for dying wife preps lawsuit | The Lookout - Yahoo! News

And Democrats claim to be "compassionate".

Yeah right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2013, 01:54 PM

2,137 posts, read 1,903,068 times
Well someone needs to be doing his job, if he can't due to his wife's illness than they need to hire someone who can.

Old 01-08-2013, 01:58 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,229,363 times
This isn't a Democrat or Republican matter, Harrier. It's a business decision - no more, no less.

The man did what he had to do and take care of his wife. The mayor decided that for business, he wasn't needed and decided to fire him.

You'll do well to understand this that the business world is uncaring, so stop trying to politicize everything.

Old 01-08-2013, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
Well someone needs to be doing his job, if he can't due to his wife's illness than they need to hire someone who can.
The man hired to replace him was arrested shortly afterwords for violating a restraining order and was Lantigua's opponent for state representative twice, and a former state representative himself.

Old 01-08-2013, 01:59 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
And yet if they hadn't, you probably would have started a thread titled "Democrat mayor allows public workers to stay on payroll despite not working for 6+ months." Right?

Sad as it is, what did you expect - that they'd hold his job forever? There does come a point when you have to let somebody go, if they've used up more than twice their allowed unpaid leave. I hope he's able to get a new position now, but it was unfair to leave that one vacant for such a long time.

Old 01-08-2013, 01:59 PM

1,469 posts, read 1,801,890 times
Default I get it

Ok I get that the "lefts" and the "rights" are having a battle of some sorts to show who is right and who is wrong about ideals and laws. Frankly you all are nuts, you have a few good qualities (each person) but you all are not right about everything. Who cares if the person who fired this guy was a democrat or republican? He's an ass wipe and I hope he has to pay a substantial amount of money. But come ON!! Don't use someone else's bad situations or even good happenings to argue that your side is better. Come on have some sort of heart!

Old 01-08-2013, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
This isn't a Democrat or Republican matter, Harrier. It's a business decision - no more, no less.

The man did what he had to do and take care of his wife. The mayor decided that for business, he wasn't needed and decided to fire him.

You'll do well to understand this that the business world is uncaring, so stop trying to politicize everything.
Look at the story closely, and do some further research.

This entire episode reeks of corruption - and that most certainly involves politics.

Besides, I thought that Democrats "cared".

Old 01-08-2013, 02:00 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
Why wasn't he on FMLA?

Old 01-08-2013, 02:02 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,229,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Look at the story closely, and do some further research.

This entire episode reeks of corruption - and that most certainly involves politics.

Besides, I thought that Democrats "cared".
That's all just semantics and stuff that doesn't matter. I read the article well before you posted it.

The Mayor made a business decision to release a man that wasn't performing the task he was hired to do. Who cares who was hired to replace him, it doesn't matter. In the business world all that matters is getting the job done - the military acts in the same exact way.

Save your passion for someone who wants to hear it - you won't get any from me.

Old 01-08-2013, 02:03 PM

1,469 posts, read 1,801,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post

This does not blanket democrats as a whole

And I am not a democrat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies