Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 07:05 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,211,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwennie View Post
You just proved my point.....liberals will always cherry pick available "information", while ignoring the actual evidence out there.
I have a link for you--it's the 1974 Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act. Golly Gee! It's actual, real "evidence"--a for sure law and everything!
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
Educational records are PRIVATE, meaning they can't be released without the written permission of the individual except under very specific circumstances. Just curious--exactly HOW and WHERE would you spend $4M to seal records that are already kept private for EVERYONE by law?

You seem to be throwing around the "liberal" word a lot here. I know you're brand new to this board, but you have just as many conservatives and moderates here calling you out on the stupidity of this stuff as liberals--you don't know who is who yet. If you throw out a statement as a "fact" to make a point on an issue, people are going to expect you to back it up with real information from a credible, neutral news source--not a nutty opinion blog from either side. Saying "I know you are but what am I" (most of this thread) isn't going to get you far either.

Old 01-08-2013, 07:32 PM

169 posts, read 113,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
I have a link for you--it's the 1974 Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act. Golly Gee! It's actual, real "evidence"--a for sure law and everything!
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
Educational records are PRIVATE, meaning they can't be released without the written permission of the individual except under very specific circumstances. Just curious--exactly HOW and WHERE would you spend $4M to seal records that are already kept private for EVERYONE by law?

You seem to be throwing around the "liberal" word a lot here. I know you're brand new to this board, but you have just as many conservatives and moderates here calling you out on the stupidity of this stuff as liberals--you don't know who is who yet. If you throw out a statement as a "fact" to make a point on an issue, people are going to expect you to back it up with real information from a credible, neutral news source--not a nutty opinion blog from either side. Saying "I know you are but what am I" (most of this thread) isn't going to get you far either.
If obama wants to be taken seriously, then he should release ALL of his records. Period. He's refused to do so and has spent a ton of money to prevent that from happening. People have tried to get that info.....passport info, educational records, etc...made public and he has fought it tooth and nail. If he is as innocent as he tries to portray himself to be, then there should be no problem whatsoever about signing a release form giving full unrestricted permission to make all of it public. He hasn't done it. Common sense would tell you that he's hiding something. A "credible, neutral source".......there is no such thing on this board.....but there are plenty of "nutty opinions" on it and much of it comes from the left. If you deem what I say to be nutty, then feel free to avoid it. The "I know you are but what am I".....I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about on that one....seems an odd sentence, at best. I'm not into monitoring who is a liberal or a conservative or a moderate.....I simply don't care where people lie on the political spectrum, so in the big picture I don't care who "calls me out" because they don't agree with me.

I'm not saying obama WAS born in Kenya.....I don't care if he was or not. He could have been born in Russia or Tazmania for all I care....he's still the president. But there are facts available that indicate he was born on foreign soil.....his own words, family members have said so, he refuses to show his complete records (particularly passport and educational info) that would indicate his place of birth/nationality. And anyone who challenges obama on this always face charges of "racism", ridiculed as "birthers", and his allies engage in any and all tactics to shut down dialogue about this issue......I mean, really, who are the ones pushing the narrative? It's not the pubs....all they are doing is trying to find out where the hell he's actually from....but anyone with alleigance to obama refuses to listen to credible info on the topic. Not to mention the fact that since he's in the white house, it's pretty easy to indirectly intimidate judicial branches into going along with covering for him.....after all, to do otherwise would mean risking being called a racist and your career is over....our political system has become nothing but a joke. If obama wants to shut this issue down once and for all, then provide ALL of his historical information....not just snippets of it. obama is the one who keeps this alive by hiding it....he has no one to blame but himself. And the people who constantly defend him may just be surprised by factual information that could be mysteriously produced once he's out of office.....one never knows.

Last edited by gwennie; 01-08-2013 at 07:40 PM..

Old 01-08-2013, 09:06 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,074,501 times
Quote:
If obama wants to be taken seriously,
By who, birther nutjobs?*

He's the fracking President of the fracking United States on the eve of being sworn in for his SECOND term.

You think he could, or more importantly, should give a damn what crazy people think of him? I think not.

Old 01-08-2013, 09:35 PM

26,580 posts, read 14,465,053 times
Quote:
..... and has spent a ton of money to prevent......
are you backing away from your $4million claim?

Old 01-08-2013, 09:38 PM

37,146 posts, read 42,245,999 times
Quote:
Go back and read the rest of that post I wrote and you will no longer be at a loss..... It doesn't matter to liberals what links are presented as "evidence".....you will throw **** on it anyway. It's a huge waste of time on my part to do your work, especially when you already know the evidence is out there.
It's not "our work" to do. The one making the claim provides the evidence or they doesn't post on grown up debate forums. I hear Bubble Bobble is fun.

Old 01-08-2013, 10:14 PM

26,580 posts, read 14,465,053 times
Quote:
But there are facts available that indicate he was born on foreign soil.....
i'd love for you to post evidence to these facts.

Quote:
....his own words,....
no he didn't. if you believe i'm wrong please cite your evidence.

Quote:
....family members have said so,....
no, they haven't. i've already posted a link to the sarah obama transcript, if you believe i'm wrong please cite your evidence.

Quote:
he refuses to show his complete records....
he has shown his certificate of live birth (COLB) and "long-form" birth certificate (LFBC), the first president/candidate to do so.

Quote:
(particularly passport and educational info)
his passport can be seen here:

West Wing Week: Mailbag Day Summer Edition - YouTube

as for the educational info:

A): college transcripts wouldn't show place of birth.
B): college application records are routinely destroyed 5years after attendance.

College Policies | Occidental College | The Liberal Arts College in Los Angeles ( under records retention policy )

Quote:
.... engage in any and all tactics to shut down dialogue about this issue......
i'm not trying to shut down the dialog, just the opposite, but what i am asking for is that you support your claims with confirmable facts.

Quote:
I mean, really, who are the ones pushing the narrative? It's not the pubs....
i already supplied you with a list of high profile republicans that oppose birtherism. would you like links to their exact quotes on the subject?

Quote:
.... refuses to listen to credible info on the topic.
please provide the credible info.

Quote:
Not to mention the fact that since he's in the white house, it's pretty easy to indirectly intimidate judicial branches into going along with covering for him.....
the first birther lawsuits pre-date obama taking office.

Old 01-08-2013, 10:55 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,028,641 times
Quote:
I don't care what you think of me and there is evidence out there to prove my point, but again, I'm not going to do your work for you. Look up the info yourself. It seems to me that "common practice" on this website is for liberals who don't agree with what's being presented is to incessantly ask for links as "evidence", when they have no intention of listening to anything they disagree with anyway.....so not going down that road. If you don't like what I have to say, then simply walk away. Pretty simple. We just do not agree.
No - there is NOT "evidence out there" to prove anything that you claim.

People call you and others who "think" like you do "birthers", not because we are trying to shut down debate on the issue, as many birthers erroneously claim, but because your ideas have been debunked with factual evidence time and time again. It has occurred in courtrooms across this great land, and right here on this forum - Historian Dude and Wrecking Ball have provided numerous references to the truth - that Barack Hussein Obama was born in Honolulu, HI and is eligible to be president.

I once was "on the fence" about this issue. Look back about 9 months a go in any "birther" thread for that time - and this will be proven. I vowed to be open minded and to consider all the evidence. I did so, and it took some time and research, but I came to the conclusion that the birther position simply had no factual basis or support.

Now - let's deal with actual facts. President Obama was born in Honolulu, HI and is a natural born citizen of the United States. He is eligible to serve as president of the United States. He also, unfortunately, was re-elected in November 2012.

Let's drop the birther nonsense and focus on limiting the damage that he can do to the republic over the next four years.

You describe your opponents as liberals. I am a conservative. I am on your side - but not with the birther stuff.

That ridiculous movement is old, discredited, and hurting the current priority: to preserve America.

Help us keep Barack Obama from radically changing this nation - and do it from a standpoint that he is eligible to be in the office that he now holds.

Old 01-08-2013, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
so you consider karl rove, ann coulter, rush limbaugh, jan brewer, sean hannity, andrew breitbart and bill o'reilly to be liberals?
I bet that gwennie considers me to be a liberal, as well.

LOL!

Old 01-08-2013, 11:05 PM

Quote:
I'm not into monitoring who is a liberal or a conservative or a moderate.....I simply don't care where people lie on the political spectrum, so in the big picture I don't care who "calls me out" because they don't agree with me.
If you don't care, then why do you label anybody who doesn't agree with your birther nonsense as a liberal, especially when a conservative such as myself, thinks that your theories are wrong?

Old 01-08-2013, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
By who, birther nutjobs?*

He's the fracking President of the fracking United States on the eve of being sworn in for his SECOND term.

You think he could, or more importantly, should give a damn what crazy people think of him? I think not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies