Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 09:21 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,315,673 times

Advertisements

A young woman was found stabbed to death on Youngstown's (Ohio) west side Monday. They have identified the body ...
"Multiple stab wounds were found on the body and the police are treating the incident as a homicide."
No kidding? A homicide??? LOL I guess it might be homicide. We won't know for sure though, will we, until further investigation, I guess!

Whoever wrote that story should be fired!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2013, 09:24 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,394,840 times

Old 10-16-2013, 09:26 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,214,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
A young woman was found stabbed to death on Youngstown's (Ohio) west side Monday. They have identified the body ...
"Multiple stab wounds were found on the body and the police are treating the incident as a homicide."
No kidding? A homicide??? LOL I guess it might be homicide. We won't know for sure though, will we, until further investigation, I guess!

You do realize that police are not coroners. Right?

The police do not determine cause of death, no matter how obvious it may seem.

Old 10-16-2013, 09:29 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times
Quote:

I guess we will just have to stick with the Daily Currant for our news.

Old 10-16-2013, 09:35 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,682,360 times
Quote:

Oh sure, just toss out any notions of an accidental multi-stabbing, eh?

Old 10-16-2013, 09:39 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,184,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
You do realize that police are not coroners. Right?

The police do not determine cause of death, no matter how obvious it may seem.
The police have to make decisions at times based on what they see at a crime scene. It might not be the final, official cause of death. But if it looks like a stabbing, it probably is. And it helps the police decide what their steps are. They don't need to wait for the coroner's report.

Old 10-16-2013, 09:39 AM

30,259 posts, read 23,746,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Please tell me that's a photoshop.

LOL

Old 10-16-2013, 09:54 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,946,204 times
Quote:

I dont see the problem in stating what the reporter knew. The body was found with stab wounds and the police are starting an homicide investigation.

How much less do you want the reporter to say?

He could have come on air and said ..."there's this body with stab wounds..back to you at the station". Yeah, that's much better reporting.

Old 10-16-2013, 09:57 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,214,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
The police have to make decisions at times based on what they see at a crime scene. It might not be the final, official cause of death. But if it looks like a stabbing, it probably is. And it helps the police decide what their steps are. They don't need to wait for the coroner's report.
And the report says that the police are treating it as a homicide. IF it is determined to not be a homicide, they will no longer treat it as a homicide. The police can't just decide that it WAS a homicide without all of the facts, including the coroner report. There could have been a weird accident. The person could have dies of an overdose, and was stabbed postmortem, thus the act would be desecration of a body, and not homicide.
It is a CYA tactic for the police. Don't definitively state anything UNTIL all of the facts are known. It is the same for thousands of cases. Just google "police are treating it as a homicide" Or "police are treating it as a (fill in the blank)" This has nothing to do with the journalist, and everything to do with the way the police departments work.

Old 10-16-2013, 10:00 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,676,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
I didn't even look at the video, but the headline made me laugh 'til tears came down my cheeks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies