Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2013, 11:34 AM

1,167 posts, read 1,122,595 times

Advertisements

Obama...Federal government will never take away your guns...and if you believe that...please join my useful idiots crowd...

"I'm confident that there are some steps that we can take that don't require legislation and that are within my authority as president."

Obama: Some Gun Control Measures 'I Can Accomplish Through Executive Action' | The Weekly Standard

Last edited by Mr.XXX; 01-14-2013 at 11:43 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2013, 11:44 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times
Really, no surprise there. He has said in the past that he believes in the Second Amendment. But, then, he's said a lot of things, before he "evolved" to believe otherwise.

Like I said, no surprise.

This whole gun panic is emotional, not reason based. Let him issue his Executive order, and let it be for Chicago first, so we can see how well it works.

Old 01-14-2013, 11:48 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,264,758 times
In other words, I don't know what I can do, but I want to calm your nerves so stay turned for further details...

Old 01-14-2013, 11:51 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
He's a smart man. He can make "procedural changes" to the constitution via EO.
He's already done that with the illegals and no one is questioning the moves.

He CAN do that with regards to the second amendment as well.

Highly regulate and limit/ban the bullets and you've effectively got your gun control.

Old 01-14-2013, 11:53 AM

2,075 posts, read 4,447,102 times
Why not post the whole quote?
"My understanding is the vice president's going to provide a range of steps that we can take to reduce gun violence," said Obama. "Some of them will require legislation, some of them I can accomplish through executive action. And so I will be reviewing those today, and as I said, I will speak in more detail to what we're going to go ahead and propose later in the week. But I'm confident that there are some steps that we can take that don't require legislation and that are within my authority as president, and where you get a step that, has the opportunity to reduce the possibility of gun violence, then i want to go ahead and take it."

In addition to an AWB and magazine limits, I'm sure Biden will offer a number of steps that don't involve banning guns... and are probably steps that can be accomplished by executive order. I think it's a leap at this point to assume the President will use anything but Congressional legislation for an AWB.

Old 01-14-2013, 04:46 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInHouston View Post
Why not post the whole quote?
"My understanding is the vice president's going to provide a range of steps that we can take to reduce gun violence," said Obama. "Some of them will require legislation, some of them I can accomplish through executive action. And so I will be reviewing those today, and as I said, I will speak in more detail to what we're going to go ahead and propose later in the week. But I'm confident that there are some steps that we can take that don't require legislation and that are within my authority as president, and where you get a step that, has the opportunity to reduce the possibility of gun violence, then i want to go ahead and take it."

In addition to an AWB and magazine limits, I'm sure Biden will offer a number of steps that don't involve banning guns... and are probably steps that can be accomplished by executive order. I think it's a leap at this point to assume the President will use anything but Congressional legislation for an AWB.
We can hear what he says, but have no real idea what he's planning.

Old 01-14-2013, 04:53 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.XXX View Post
Obama...Federal government will never take away your guns...and if you believe that...please join my useful idiots crowd...

"I'm confident that there are some steps that we can take that don't require legislation and that are within my authority as president."

Obama: Some Gun Control Measures 'I Can Accomplish Through Executive Action' | The Weekly Standard
The dictator in 0bama is coming out, he wants to use the power of the executive branch to bypass the Congress on both the debt ceiling and gun control.

Old 01-14-2013, 05:04 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,419,987 times
Which means in four years the GOP candidate who promises to undo his EO will win easily ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies