Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 10:52 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times

Advertisements

Gun owners have won this debate. It's over. The 23 Orders signed by Obama are meaningful but toothless.

Congress will not pass anything substantive in regards to gun control.

Pack your bags, gun grabbers. Your time on the stump is done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2013, 10:52 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,651,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Funny how obama wants to take guns from legal citizens yet he does not want to punish those who use guns to commit crimes!
There is nothing in his recommendations that does this.

Old 01-16-2013, 10:53 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
1) Schumer asking for voluntary suspension of gun sales. Code for we lost the gun grab debate.

2) If Reid runs for reelction then a gun ban revival is dead in the Senate. He is a quiet supporter much to the chagrin of Obammers.

3) Nothing or not much is getting through the House because of the early primary season starting in 6months.

4) Gun laws are going to be fought on a State by State basis as it should be within the confines of the Constitution.

Old 01-16-2013, 10:54 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Funny how obama wants to take guns from legal citizens yet he does not want to punish those who use guns to commit crimes!
Whats funny is we (our tax dollars), will provide the same weapons and then some to "freedom fighters" in foreign lands.

The hypocrisy meter is pegged.

Old 01-16-2013, 10:55 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Gun owners have won this debate. It's over. The 23 Orders signed by Obama are meaningful but toothless.

Congress will not pass anything substantive in regards to gun control.

Pack your bags, gun grabbers. Your time on the stump is done.
Unless another major tragedy happens then all bets are off............

You know there are some sick scumbag ******* gun grabbers out there hoping/praying for another one. Martyrs would be their rational. Some of them probably post on this site.

Old 01-16-2013, 10:56 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,818,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
Live by the sword, die by the sword.
Teach your kids that too.
Having "lived by the sword" for real before in my life, I have learned that peace is the best way, but also that peace is not achieved by being passive or counting on others to be benevolent and/or keep the peace for them.

Hope for the best and prepare for the worst. I think that's a good lesson to teach my kids.

Old 01-16-2013, 10:57 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
He's trying to appease both gun and anti-gun zealots. The fact of the matter is the entire issue is an emotional one; logic went out the door when people heard the words "Elementary School Shooting". Banning stuff won't solve the problem... in fact it will create even more problems... but complete inaction is unacceptable too.

The better way to handle the AWB issue is on the State level.
That's true of 99% of the crap that spews out of DC.

No doubt Bloomers and Cuomo are idiots, but they're NY's problem. Other states are laughing at them. Let 'em ban sugar and bullets. No skin off my nose. I just won't visit their pathetic areas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
Live by the sword, die by the sword.
Teach your kids that too.
lol. I'm 100% certain you've completely missed the meaning.

No surprise!

Old 01-16-2013, 11:01 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,396,904 times
Quote:
If this is what the President is actually proposing, then gun-grabbers should be VERY upset. I think all along they've expected the President to act unilaterally in constitututionaly-questionable ways. I myself, as a gun owner, don't see much in this list to be upset over. However, gun-grabbers should be frothing at the mouth mad! LOL

Congress will not pass anything over-the-top in regards to gun control.

It appears that this debate might be over. Who wins? From what i'm seeing, gun owners have definitely won this debate.
I agree. I especially like #7 if they say the right things and promote safety not fear. Most alcohol ads end with "drink responsibly". There are ways to promote safe usage without limiting freedom and that is the way I prefer.

Though I still worry what he might try that he didn't mention.

Old 01-16-2013, 11:03 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Eventually they will institute mental catch 22's.....

You must be mentally unstable to want firearms so you are banned from owning firearms because you are mentally unstable

It will be interpreted as part of the Obamacare medical program.

Old 01-16-2013, 11:04 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,264,758 times
Quote:
If this is what the President is actually proposing, then gun-grabbers should be VERY upset. I think all along they've expected the President to act unilaterally in constitututionaly-questionable ways. I myself, as a gun owner, don't see much in this list to be upset over. However, gun-grabbers should be frothing at the mouth mad! LOL

Congress will not pass anything over-the-top in regards to gun control.

It appears that this debate might be over. Who wins? From what i'm seeing, gun owners have definitely won this debate.
The children won. These are measures that address influencing factors. Guns were never a factor here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies