Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 01:47 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Doesn't seem like you respect his 4th amendment rights however.

You may have no problem with the police wiretapping, spying , and keeping tabs on you, but I do.
I have nothing to hide- no dust bunnies, guns, drugs, plots or bodies under my bed.
So I don't worry about such stuff.

Old 01-16-2013, 01:49 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,955,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I have no issue with this because I have nothing to hide.

What's the internet thing about?

Most Americans are honest law abiding citizens that have nothing to hide. What has that got to do with the government taking your rights away? If you are willing to give up your rights on one thing, where is it going to stop? I don't want them taking any of my rights away.

Old 01-16-2013, 01:55 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:

That I'm afraid is a dangerous line of thought. Where does it end?

Old 01-16-2013, 02:01 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,880,970 times
Quote:

It's not about "what you have or don't have to hide", it is about not being treated like a criminal from the very same government which you help to elect.

We need to do some rewiring of your understanding of our government's place in society. They work for us, we aren't the criminals, thus, they should conduct themselves as if they are employees of the people of the United States, and that by treating us like criminals, we are moving ever-closer to the tyrannical rules of law from which our immigrants fled.

Old 01-16-2013, 02:05 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,880,970 times
Quote:
I have nothing to hide- no dust bunnies, guns, drugs, plots or bodies under my bed.
Yet, you are ok with being treated like a criminal?

Damn, when will Americans realize that a government which is paranoid of you, should ultimately be a government in which you are paranoid of.

Old 01-16-2013, 02:05 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,029,253 times
Quote:

I always get a laugh out of this one. "Nothing to hide". With 40000 give or take new laws written in 2012 I am sure you just might be breaking one or two of them. Better hope it's not one the KGB frowns on.

Grab a history book or two and read them. You will be surprised what you might learn.

Old 01-16-2013, 02:11 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,063,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
He's going to take on federal agents with his six-shooter. His aim will be true 'cause he is a patriot, this is 'murica, and God and baby Jesus are on his side.
Cowards only know how to be cowards.

Old 01-16-2013, 02:14 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,029,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
It's not about "what you have or don't have to hide", it is about not being treated like a criminal from the very same government which you help to elect.

We need to do some rewiring of your understanding of our government's place in society. They work for us, we aren't the criminals, thus, they should conduct themselves as if they are employees of the people of the United States, and that by treating us like criminals, we are moving ever-closer to the tyrannical rules of law from which our immigrants fled.

Very well said. But unfortunately I think it's too late. The media has a very big grip on the way American's think and act and we know who controls them. The majority is truly brainwashed, I know because I use to be part of that majority. But I never give up hope.

Old 01-16-2013, 02:28 PM

472 posts, read 740,881 times
If all the anti-gun people would form an Anti Patriot Act Association and convince 4 million Americans to join, they could have a real influence toward elimination of the act.

Old 01-16-2013, 02:32 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,211,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedsnake View Post
If all the anti-gun people would form an Anti Patriot Act Association and convince 4 million Americans to join, they could have a real influence toward elimination of the act.
Anti-gun lobby is nowhere as influential as the gun lobby, not even close, no way they could get 4 millions Americans to join anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies