Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 04:21 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,419,987 times

Advertisements

Obama could have undone it all when he had all three branches. Or by EO.

Old 01-16-2013, 04:23 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
We'd also never have internet censorship laws. Too bad they seem to only fight for gun rights and no other rights.

also if what you say is true and correct, then obama would have never resigned the pat act II when it came up for resigning. instead it turns out the dems are just as bad as the cons are.

Old 01-16-2013, 04:25 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,211,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
also if what you say is true and correct, then obama would have never resigned the pat act II when it came up for resigning. instead it turns out the dems are just as bad as the cons are.
He did it because there was very little public outcry.

If there was a fraction of the outcry against the Patriot Act as there is against gun control, the Patriot Act would not have passed.

Old 01-16-2013, 04:26 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Let me guess, leftists are limp wristed sissies who are afraid of guns?

Stereotype much? When Reagan enacted gun control , guess who protested it by showing up with rifles in public?? Conservatives?? Wrong

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_t9Ru4QgRbb...thers_1969.jpg
Liberal democrats have always been in favor of gun control, and even taking away people's guns, not conservative republicans. so yes, liberals are afraid of people with guns and want to take them away.

Here's a tip, try making your point, so the rest of us don't have to guess what the hell it is.

BTW, I don't remember gun activists, like the NRA, storming the walls to support Bush's patriot act, maybe you will eventually get around to posting proof of your assertions that they did.

Old 01-16-2013, 04:26 PM

Quote:
He did it because there was very little public outcry.

If there was a fraction of the outcry against the Patriot Act as there is against gun control, the Patriot Act would not have passed.

strange, I love gun rights and i did in fact write my representitives whom are both dems and told them not to support resigning the pat actII. pat act II is another affront to the Constitution.

Old 01-16-2013, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
strange, I love gun rights and i did in fact write my representitives whom are both dems and told them not to support resigning the pat actII. pat act II is another affront to the Constitution.
Glad you did, but where were all your buddies??

MIA??

Obviously there wasn't enough of people like you to make a difference. Patriot Act supporters are not afraid of anti-Patriot Act lobby, because it's virtually non existent.

Old 01-16-2013, 04:29 PM

1,886 posts, read 2,226,552 times
This thread is funny...Gun purchases are at an all time high. My co-worker, a younger guy with a family, who has no prior experience with guns has rushed out and bought a 45. caliber handgun over the false propaganda that guns will no longer be sold. Talk about not informed.
I mean really, gun's and America go hand in hand, it's the nut's that give most a bad name.
So now we bow to the minority freaks..we will never take that bow in this country, no matter what Obama tries..

Old 01-16-2013, 04:31 PM

57,315 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
For what its worth, GW Bush and his admin were not conservatives, they were liberal republicans. So just because Bush signed something into law, during the emotionally high charged period after the 9/11 attack, does not make it something that conservatives favored.

Conservative Voices Against the USA PATRIOT Act | American Civil Liberties Union

The point is, a lot of conservatives opposed the Patriot Act, and wanted some parts taken out, or changed. You don't know about this, because you were either not paying attention or the media you get your information from was severely lacking, or your current thinking fits your template for conservatives, and you are living in blissful ignorance.

The conservative displeasure sure didn't show up in congress, only 3 house members voted against it in 2001, no senators, not giving the democrats a bye either but at least there was some resistance. I could understand outrage if they were taking away all guns but it seems rather hypocritical for some of these defenders of the constitution to be rasing their heads now.

Old 01-16-2013, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brienzi View Post
This thread is funny...Gun purchases are at an all time high. My co-worker, a younger guy with a family, who has no prior experience with guns has rushed out and bought a 45. caliber handgun over the false propaganda that guns will no longer be sold. Talk about not informed.
I mean really, gun's and America go hand in hand, it's the nut's that give most a bad name.
So now we bow to the minority freaks..we will never take that bow in this country, no matter what Obama tries..
Too bad you guys are not as passionate about our other constitional rights.

Old 01-16-2013, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Glad you did, but where were all your buddies??

MIA??

Obviously there wasn't enough of people like you to make a difference. Patriot Act supporters are not afraid of anti-Patriot Act lobby, because it's virtually non existent.

most of the gun club members where I go to did in fact write and wwanted it not signed, got over 1000 people to write in that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies