Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 01:22 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,835,178 times

Advertisements

Matthew 19:21 ESV
Jesus said to him, “If you would be perfect, go, sell what you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me.”

Poor people are just lazy people, right? Evidently God's son thought differently.

Pretty neat, huh?

Old 01-18-2013, 01:26 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,592,679 times
But liberals sell nothing (of their own), even Al Gore doesn't give his goodies away. False dichotomy "liberal-conservative" was masterminded so that the proles would not seek real alternatives to having parasitic elites at the helm of economy and state.

Old 01-18-2013, 01:28 AM

308 posts, read 398,435 times
Apparently, Judas was a Liberal, if I've got my namecalling 101 right:
4But Judas Iscariot, one of his disciples (he who was about to betray him), said, 5“Why was this ointment not sold for three hundred denariib and given to the poor?” 6He said this, not because he cared about the poor, but because he was a thief, and having charge of the moneybag he used to help himself to what was put into it. 7Jesus said, “Leave her alone, so that she may keep itc for the day of my burial. 8For the poor you always have with you, but you do not always have me.

Voluntarily selling your possessions and giving them to the poor so that you may lead a life of asceticism is not the same as having somebody else demand a tithe of your earnings and giving it to whom they choose

Not taking this seriously, there's enough quotes in the Bible to support virtually any political position no matter how horrendous.

Old 01-18-2013, 02:01 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,835,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norgy View Post
Apparently, Judas was a Liberal, if I've got my namecalling 101 right:
4But Judas Iscariot, one of his disciples (he who was about to betray him), said, 5“Why was this ointment not sold for three hundred denariib and given to the poor?” 6He said this, not because he cared about the poor, but because he was a thief, and having charge of the moneybag he used to help himself to what was put into it. 7Jesus said, “Leave her alone, so that she may keep itc for the day of my burial. 8For the poor you always have with you, but you do not always have me.

Voluntarily selling your possessions and giving them to the poor so that you may lead a life of asceticism is not the same as having somebody else demand a tithe of your earnings and giving it to whom they choose

Not taking this seriously, there's enough quotes in the Bible to support virtually any political position no matter how horrendous.
LOL! Good catch!

Old 01-18-2013, 05:44 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norgy View Post
That is true here is my obnoxious story to prove Jesus is a conservative. Take the fish and the loaves story where he takes a few loafs of bread and fish and feeds a whole multitude. Right after Jesus gets on a boat and sails to the other side of the Galilee. What is waiting there for him? the multitude he fed because there was great famine in the land. So Jesus repeats the miracle and feeds the multitude and then sends every man back to his house.

Notice Jesus did not set up a social program and keep feeding people on a daily basis. I mean he could have set up like a bread and fish kitchen but he did n't. And thus Jesus is a conservative. I warned you it was a obnoxious story

Old 01-18-2013, 05:57 AM

1,991 posts, read 3,970,319 times
Eternal salvation is a valuable gift given freely on the hard work of one man, Jesus Christ. People don't have to do any work themselves to get it, just believe in Jesus and follow him. Doesn't get more liberal than that.

The truth of the matter is that Jesus was liberal in his treatment of/tolerance of others, but conservative in his expression of personal moral behavior.

As a contrast (since this is really about today's liberals and conservatives), conservatives are generally INTOLERANT of anyone not like them on any and most every given day. And ironically enough, many conservatives sorta cut corners on their own personal moral behavior. Go figure. LOL

Old 01-18-2013, 06:13 AM

1,125 posts, read 1,591,232 times
Jesus was Jesus, and we are all just imperfect men. Stop trying to put your labels on our Savior please.

Old 01-18-2013, 06:13 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Jesus said to him, “If you would be perfect, go, sell what you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me.”

Poor people are just lazy people, right? Evidently God's son thought differently.

Pretty neat, huh?

You first

Old 01-18-2013, 06:14 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,584,802 times
Default Jesus said we should sell all we have and give it to the poor. Jesus was a liberal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post

Pretty neat, huh?
That's the old Jesus.

He's evolved.

Old 01-18-2013, 06:16 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Jesus did it by choice, not by force.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies