Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 04:49 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,442,264 times

Advertisements

A huge pity that West Point no longer teaches critical thinking skills, anymore. The reason for this must be the large influx of affirmative action cadets into the academy, whose minds must be directed into seeing the 'far-right' as an enemy, rather than seeing the Israel-Firsters and AIPAC/SPLC/ADL as such. This is brainwashing (indoctrination) pure and simple. “civil activism, individual freedoms and self-government.” You'd think the counter to that would be the organization you'd warn people against. And this is now coming from West Point Academy. As a former Vietnam veteran with 20 years of service to the U.S. Army, I am disgusted.

West Point center cites dangers of 'far right' in U.S. - Washington Times

Last edited by Old Army Soldier; 01-18-2013 at 05:00 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2013, 05:03 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,112,686 times
And as a West Point Graduate who is familiar with your posts and those of your earlier sock puppets, I can say with no risk of contradiction that you have never served for a second in your entire life.

Old 01-18-2013, 05:04 PM

3,088 posts, read 5,366,855 times
When such a venerable and established institution such as West Point feels the need to point out how idiotic the position of the politically far right is, it is time for all sensible citizens to stop listening to the extreme right wing radio and television "news" broadcasts, and get their information from less biased and more reasonable sources.

Old 01-18-2013, 05:12 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,423,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
And as a West Point Graduate who is familiar with your posts and those of your earlier sock puppets, I can say with no risk of contradiction that you have never served for a second in your entire life.
That is very interesting. Good to have a reference point.

Old 01-18-2013, 05:14 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,423,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
A huge pity that West Point no longer teaches critical thinking skills, anymore. The reason for this must be the large influx of affirmative action cadets into the academy, whose minds must be directed into seeing the 'far-right' as an enemy, rather than seeing the Israel-Firsters and AIPAC/SPLC/ADL as such. This is brainwashing (indoctrination) pure and simple. “civil activism, individual freedoms and self-government.” You'd think the counter to that would be the organization you'd warn people against. And this is now coming from West Point Academy. As a former Vietnam veteran with 20 years of service to the U.S. Army, I am disgusted.

West Point center cites dangers of 'far right' in U.S. - Washington Times
So are you a high-ranking "soldier" in the stormfront army?

Old 01-18-2013, 05:48 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,442,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
You............a West Point Graduate?...........I doubt that by your immature petty ridicule towards people with opposing views on this forum. But then again......with this news of what they are doing, I am not surprised West Point would put out a individual of your embarrassing caliber. After all, This is the place that threw out almost 200 years of tradition last December when 2 lesbians got married at the West Point Chapel. How disgusting and immoral. I hate to say it but West Point has lost it's way. Hopefully they can right the ship if they can get the PC crowd out and get some traditional people with high caliber moral standards. Now when it comes to me, you have no idea what you are talking about and I don't have to prove anything to you about my service. It happened plain and simple........for 20 years. Now, this fascination you, wrecking ball and Arus have with this Steve guy is flat out disturbing to say the least. Whoever he was, he must have really got under each of your collars. Getting back on the subject. This West Point study is warning against the thoughts that come from the very writings of the framers that gave us the Constitution and the ideals to live by. That would be the same Constitution that Army officers pledge an oath to defend. This kind of "analysis" is specious and insane. American Patriots are not to be demonized or warned about. They are not a threat.

Last edited by Old Army Soldier; 01-18-2013 at 06:13 PM..

Old 01-18-2013, 05:52 PM

14,916 posts, read 13,129,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
This West Point study is warning against the thoughts that come from the very writings of the framers that gave us the Constitution and the ideals to live by. That would be the same Constitution that Army officers pledge an oath to defend. This kind of "analysis" is specious and insane. American Patriots are not to be demonized or warned about. They are not a threat.
Have you actually read the report?

Old 01-18-2013, 05:53 PM

18,360 posts, read 26,556,584 times
It reads like democrat propaganda. Whomever is responsible for taxes being used to write that report should lose their job.

Old 01-18-2013, 05:55 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,481,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
So are you a high-ranking "soldier" in the stormfront army?
And what does it matter, it appears, when someone on this forum does not like when someone says something they agree with, they have to resort to so are you!

The whole point of this forum, is to express your inner feelings and thoughts on a specific topic, whether others agree or not.

Who cares if he is or isn't, he is expressing his opinion and that is his right.

Old 01-18-2013, 05:56 PM

14,916 posts, read 13,129,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
It reads like democrat propaganda. Whomever is responsible for taxes being used to write that report should lose their job.
Have you actually read the report?

And if you want to try and get him fired, the head of the Combating Terrorism Center is retired 4-star general John Abizaid.

Last edited by hammertime33; 01-18-2013 at 06:05 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies