Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 06:27 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,205,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Do you honestly believe that the only thing preventing the government from declaring martial law is an armed populace?
Really?

The naivete is astounding.

if the feds come into a town and declares it under martial law, and ends up getting all shot and killed by an armed populace, how effective is the armed populace now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2013, 06:30 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,600,694 times
Quote:
Do you honestly believe that the only thing preventing the government from declaring martial law is an armed populace?
Really?

The naivete is astounding.
No, that's not the only obstacle in their path, just one. What's naive, is to believe they wouldn't. It takes time to create the condition that would be deemed acceptable. Some times the condition gets created for them and they capitalize on it.

Our government never lets a good crises go to waist. Is it 5 wars now since the day of 911? I've lost count.

Old 01-20-2013, 06:35 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
when I was in HS, graduated in 1980. we always brought firearms onto school property. they stayed out in the cars and trucks, but we still had them. if you think your child is mature enough to handle the rsponsibility of carrying a firerm, then i see no problem with them having and using a firearm. all of my daughters already do this.

as far as expecting everyone to carry or not? if you want to carry then fine. if you dont thats fine too. just dont go out and tell someone else that they cannot carry for whatever reason you have.
Again, not answering the questions.

I can supply all sorts of "when I was a kid..." stories too. Has absolutely nothing to do with the here and now.

And, as an aside, those guns wouldn't have done you a whole heck of a lot of good if someone decided to wait outside and pick you all off as you ran to your vehicles to grab them, would they?

So, for those who seem to be advocating arming everyone in the name of personal safety, how exactly will it work?

Old 01-20-2013, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Again, not answering the questions.

I can supply all sorts of "when I was a kid..." stories too. Has absolutely nothing to do with the here and now.

And, as an aside, those guns wouldn't have done you a whole heck of a lot of good if someone decided to wait outside and pick you all off as you ran to your vehicles to grab them, would they?

So, for those who seem to be advocating arming everyone in the name of personal safety, how exactly will it work?

train and arm all teachers and administrators in each and every school. dont want to get armed up, then no job.

Old 01-20-2013, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
You sound like a good person who have good intentions but ignorance can't be an excuse.

Back in the Columbine days, the police doctrine then was "do not engage and wait for backup". Back then police had no experience dealing with mass murderers.

Thanks to the media glorifying those losers, today's doctrine is to engage immediately.
Columbine was hardly the first of these incidents. And, no idea what you mean by engage immediately. Firefights are pretty rare in these situations.

Charles Whitman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 01-20-2013, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Columbine was hardly the first of these incidents. And, no idea what you mean by engage immediately. Firefights are pretty rare in these situations.

Charles Whitman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

oh wow, a military lookalike rifle wasnt even used in that incident.

Old 01-20-2013, 06:58 AM

Quote:
train and arm all teachers and administrators in each and every school. dont want to get armed up, then no job.
Why just the teachers and administrators?
Are you telling me that my child should have to rely on someone else to protect him?

I mean, that's pretty much the situation now, isn't it?

Now that I've thought about this, I think the only answer is arming everyone.
There aren't any age restrictions in the Bill of Rights, and a right is a right.
Or should my son's rights be infringed upon just because he is a minor?

Old 01-20-2013, 07:00 AM

Quote:
oh wow, a military lookalike rifle wasnt even used in that incident.
Nope. Just an actual military rifle.

Old 01-20-2013, 07:11 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,600,694 times
Quote:
Nope. Just an actual military rifle.
The ones found in the trunk of his car? First reports say one thing about that day, and subsequent reporting say another. We don't know what happened that day, because the stories told do not reconcile one to the other. First reports say, hand guns were found inside the school. The other guns were recovered from the trunk of his car.

All I know is, this has been deemed a crises, by our government and they are not going to waist it.

PS: The picture they use of him, it doesn't look real to me. Just saying...

Old 01-20-2013, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
The ones found in the trunk of his car? First reports say one thing about that day, and subsequent reporting say another. We don't know what happened that day, because the stories told do not reconcile one to the other. First reports say, hand guns were found inside the school. The other guns were recovered from the trunk of his car.

All I know is, this has been deemed a crises, by our government and they are not going to waist it.

PS: The picture they use of him, it doesn't look real to me. Just saying...
Different mass shooting. See post #75.

And what is with this "government isn't going to waste a crisis" meme?
Do you honestly believe that they are reacting in a vacuum? That people haven't written and called demanding some sort of action?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies