Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 10:56 AM

361 posts, read 272,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
I won't speak for women, but men seeing a naked woman close to him, is thinking about sex. Especially when he's not having sex anywhere else on the side. It's one big distraction and one big frustration. Instead of having solidarity you have men competing with each other to **** that one or two women in their company.

So I repeat, if women are to serve, fine but segregate them. Otherwise integrate the prisons.
Good point not brought up yet. Maybe im just a perverted young man and woman are much better, but i cannot shower with woman without being turned on. I will only think about sex. Even if i am generally not attracted to her i would be in a shower.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2013, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I talked to an old Vietnam grunt about this just last night.

He said if a woman can do the physical stuff required for combat he had NO problems with it. He also said it's about time women got pay equity. And addressing the whole naked thing: the female combat nurses who pulled shrapnel out of his body saw him naked. No one cared. Those women were busy making sure he returned home to his family.
First if all im a vet so quoting a vet isn't a trump card. Being naked while being operated on is different than a shower so that point means nothing. Plenty of woman do great things in the military nobody is denying that, but infantry just isn't the place for them.

Old 01-24-2013, 10:59 AM

1,075 posts, read 1,772,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
I won't speak for women, but men seeing a naked woman close to him, is thinking about sex. Especially when he's not having sex anywhere else on the side. It's one big distraction and one big frustration. Instead of having solidarity you have men competing with each other to **** that one or two women in their company.

So I repeat, if women are to serve, fine but segregate them. Otherwise integrate the prisons.

Well, then post-DADT it would be just the gay soldiers being distracted and frustrated.

Old 01-24-2013, 10:59 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,668,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Excuse me, dude, but your thread title says "Male soldiers warn females of harsh conditions on front!"...

If you aren't saying that they can't handle harsh conditions, then WTF is this thread about, exactly?

Women who sign up for infantry combat are not shrinking violets who "cry" about anything.

Every single one of those men on the front had a mother who went through more than you will ever experience to put them there. And they were about as naked as you can get. So show a little respect, will ya?
You don't know me. I could be a male or female.

If woman want to be equals prepare to be treated as equals, nothing preferential.

Old 01-24-2013, 11:02 AM

3,168 posts, read 2,062,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV8n View Post
Well, then post-DADT it would be just the gay soldiers being distracted and frustrated.
True but gay soldiers would remain in the closet as there would be unwritten repercussions for coming out. So widespread solidarity would not be affected.

Old 01-24-2013, 11:04 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
The right-wing's complete lack of respect for female soldiers is a disgusting spectacle.
What a dumb thing to say.

I'm right-wing.

I'm female.

I agree 100%+ with the OP. Ya want equal pay, ya gotta do the equal job. Poor little prissy women. I would be ashamed to screech for equality, then act like I won't play. But then I'm not a stupid lib; I believe in paying my own way and earning my own keep.

Old 01-24-2013, 11:05 AM

13,422 posts, read 9,952,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 718native View Post
Good point not brought up yet. Maybe im just a perverted young man and woman are much better, but i cannot shower with woman without being turned on. I will only think about sex. Even if i am generally not attracted to her i would be in a shower.
Well then, sucks to be you, doesn't it.

Jeez, is it really possible that all these men in battle are incapable of being uncomfortable and having to control themselves for a minute or two, possibly - are they really that incapable of such little restraint under such egregious conditions as being washed off with a power washer?

Good God, so you might get a boner for a second - deal.

Old 01-24-2013, 11:09 AM

Quote:

Jeez, is it really possible that all these men in battle are incapable of being uncomfortable and having to control themselves for a minute or two, possibly - are they really that incapable of such little restraint under such egregious conditions as being washed off with a power washer?

Good God, so you might get a boner for a second - deal.
There's no place for sexual tension in a fighting unit. Being sexually attracted(and emotionally) to the people your fighting with is a terrible idea. And yes we are incapable of that restraint. I don't think saying id get horny in a shower full of naked woman is that outrageous of a statement. Not to mention i don't think many woman would be comftorable showering with a bunch of boner having men.

Old 01-24-2013, 11:11 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 718native View Post
An infantry soldiers opinion hold much more weight on the issue because they know what they are talking about and it directly affects them.
At a number of points in our history certain combat troops were disgusted by the idea of serving in the same Army much less unit with certain other soldiers. They weren't asked to accept those soldiers, but instead the were ordered to and today no one gives a second thought about African American serving with or more importantly COMMANDING white soldiers.

Old 01-24-2013, 11:11 AM

3,168 posts, read 2,062,993 times
Quote:
Sucks to be a lot of those women as well because many will be raped. There is no ifs and buts about it. If you dangle low hanging fruit in front of a starving man, expect him to snatch it and take one big bite out of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies