Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 08:11 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,745,659 times

Advertisements

Obama sounds like a community organizer when he says such nonsense. The POTUS should rise above the fray, not stir the pot.

Obama, a student of Saul Alinsky tactics, is following the rules for radicals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2013, 08:12 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
They like to be informed on both sides of the argument.

The courts made a major ruling this past week when they ruled that Obama's "recess" appointee's were done illegally. This was a pretty big story. I was unable to find it on CNN.
Right.........."fair and balanced."

Did you learn about this on Fox News as well/

"Recess appointments during the George W. Bush administration"

Last edited by jojajn; 01-27-2013 at 08:28 PM..

Old 01-27-2013, 08:22 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Good, Obama shouldn't compromise. The right has shown utter disdain for anything Obama has put forth these last few years. Now that he has nothing to lose, he can put the right in their place.

Plus he is telling the truth about repubs being scared of being labelled a Rhino by Rush and Fox.
Maybe you and Obama should study up on what compromise is. In case you won't look the word up maybe I can tell you that it has always been how things got done in our government up to the election of Obama. His feelings about compromise are that "it is my way or the highway". In compromise there is give and take and he really doesn't understand that, at all. We have always had weaker than needed laws because of the need for compromise.

Study up on the 3/5 Compromise and why it was done to get the Constitution passed and then ratified. Maybe you could understand the word, compromise, better if you studied history about that compromise.

Old 01-27-2013, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
this sounds ridiculous, even for you.
What do you think compromise is? Obama's way or the highway? Does that work for you?

Old 01-27-2013, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
well said. obama has refused to compromise, despite the fact that he said he would.
One of those promises to get votes that he forgot the day he got elected the first time.

Old 01-27-2013, 08:44 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,578,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
They like to be informed on both sides of the argument.

The courts made a major ruling this past week when they ruled that Obama's "recess" appointee's were done illegally. This was a pretty big story. I was unable to find it on CNN.
It's being appealed. It would not surprise me to see this ruling overturned.

Old 01-27-2013, 09:01 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
It's being appealed. It would not surprise me to see this ruling overturned.
It most likely will be appealed to the SCOTUS but it has not been appealed. Not really the point though.

Old 01-27-2013, 10:24 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,463,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.XXX View Post
So the Marist Tyrant understands that the AMERICAN people don’t want the 2nd Amendment trampled on - and the House Republicans are doing what they were voted into office for...Never compromise with Marxist tyrants!!!

Obama suggests Republicans unwilling to compromise in gun control debate | Fox News
Obama always suggests that Republicans are unwilling to compromise. Unless you agree with what he wants you're an obstructionist. He's been beating that drum for literally years. It has taken on a "so what else is new" quality. He really should quit whining and do his job. If I brought as many excuses for why I wasn't able to get things done at my job as he does, I'd be fired.

Old 01-27-2013, 10:33 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Obama always suggests that Republicans are unwilling to compromise. Unless you agree with what he wants you're an obstructionist. He's been beating that drum for literally years. It has taken on a "so what else is new" quality. He really should quit whining and do his job. If I brought as many excuses for why I wasn't able to get things done at my job as he does, I'd be fired.
Can you list the bills the House passed that were vetoed by Obama?

Old 01-27-2013, 10:36 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Can you list the bills the House passed that were vetoed by Obama?
What is the point here? The House doesn't pass bills and send them to the president. Maybe you have a valid point somewhere, but I'm not seeing it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies