Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 11:50 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,028,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It sounds like the hispanics had every intention of making it a hellhole for these people -- and all the other black families they've driven out. It has to be a pure Mexican neighborhood - no black or white Americans allowed.
The Hispanics have made Compton a much safer and pleasant place.

You don't live here, so I don't expect you to understand.

The community has vastly improved over the last few years, and I attribute it to the family, religion oriented, Hispanic influx.

As I have stated in other posts on this forum, South Central Los Angeles is doing much better now, due to the continuing efforts of Christian Blacks, and Catholic Hispanics. Whenever I visit the area, I see the difference, and I can now recommend that people who visit the L.A. area should go to the Watts Towers, or explore Leimert Park, and check out the old Central Avenue Jazz scene.

These are classic areas of Los Angeles history, and they are much more accessible now that people of faith have reclaimed them as their own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2013, 11:54 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,736,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post

You don't live here, so I don't expect you to understand.

The community has vastly improved over the last few years, and I attribute it to the family, religion oriented, Hispanic influx.

As I have stated in other posts on this forum, South Central Los Angeles is doing much better now, due to the continuing efforts of Christian Blacks, and Catholic Hispanics. Whenever I visit the area, I see the difference, and I can now recommend that people who visit the L.A. area should go to the Watts Towers, or explore Leimert Park, and check out the old Central Avenue Jazz scene.

These are classic areas of Los Angeles history, and they are much more accessible now that people of faith have reclaimed them as their own.
The hispanics sound very much like the Klan -- sure they're happy as long as their neighborhoods are "pure".

I fail to see how you can defend what they did to this harmless American family. They are no better than the KKK. La Raza truly is the Klan with a tan.

Old 01-31-2013, 12:15 AM

73,050 posts, read 62,670,561 times
Quote:
Hispanics have become the majority in Compton and have made it a much more peaceful place.

What is wrong with preventing it from reverting to the hellhole that it once was?

I thought that progress was a good thing.
Then why are Blacks being terrorized by gangs in Compton? Tell me how that would be peaceful.

Old 01-31-2013, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
The hispanics sound very much like the Klan -- sure they're happy as long as their neighborhoods are "pure".

I fail to see how you can defend what they did to this harmless American family. They are no better than the KKK. La Raza truly is the Klan with a tan.
I did not defend them.

How could you even say such a thing?

Does your hatred run that deep?

Old 01-31-2013, 12:17 AM

Quote:
It isn't safe for Blacks. Compton wasn't safe for Blacks before, and isn't safe for Blacks now. Before, Blacks were being killed by other Blacks. Now, Blacks are being killed by Hispanics. There is no difference other than now Compton has hate crimes. Other than that, it isn't safe for Blacks. To me, safe means it's safe for everyone. If one group isn't safe there, then it really isn't safe.

Old 01-31-2013, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Before, Blacks were being killed by other Blacks ... There is no difference other than now Compton has hate crimes.
Blacks killing other blacks weren't hate crimes?

Why not?

Old 01-31-2013, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Blacks killing other blacks weren't hate crimes?

Why not?
It is the reasoning behind it. Blacks were not killing Blacks out of a racial hatred. What is going on now is happening because of racial hatred.

And I also see you haven't addressed the other part of my post.

Old 01-31-2013, 12:29 AM

Quote:
It is the reasoning behind it. Blacks were not killing Blacks out of a racial hatred. What is going on now is happening because of racial hatred.

And I also see you haven't addressed the other part of my post.
You didn't address why blacks were killing other blacks.

I know much of Los Angeles history, including the motivations of our gangs - including the Crips and the Bloods.

Deny that it was hatred all you want.

I can assure you that hatred was the overarching motivation.

Old 01-31-2013, 12:31 AM

Quote:
You didn't address why blacks were killing other blacks.

I know much of Los Angeles history, including the motivations of our gangs - including the Crips and the Bloods.

Deny that it was hatred all yiu ant.

I can assure you that hatred was the overarching motivation.
I was the one who came to you with questions first, so I expect you to answer them first. A hate crime is a crime where racial hatred is involved.

Old 01-31-2013, 12:36 AM

Quote:
I was the one who came to you with questions first, so I expect you to answer them first. A hate crime is a crime where racial hatred is involved.
That hatred can take place within racial bounds.

Hatred is hatred - and an ugly thing. It doesn't limit itself to demographics - which are a human invention designed to divide us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies