Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 07:31 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,669,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by insane4madonna View Post
Im not surprised this happened in TN.
Why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2013, 08:02 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,944,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaninEGF View Post
Good news...after story broke the dog will be/has been adopted....

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...on-after-story
I hope the dog goes to a loving gay couple...

Old 02-01-2013, 06:02 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I guess they know nothing about dogs. I have an alpha dog who does that to every other dog in order to show who that captain is. Yes, it's a FEMALE, and she humps other dogs, male or female.

Homosexuals often try to use this to "prove" animals too are gay, but anyone who knows anything about animals know better.
The research by zoologists doesn't lie. Some animals are homosexual, just as some humans are. I'm not sure why some people can't accept that. I guess the truth is too difficult for some to handle.

Old 02-01-2013, 08:27 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I foster dogs for a rescue group in my area. It's stunning what happens to some of these animals. I get to see them before they're all cleaned up, trained, and wagging their tails at public adopt-a-pet events. It's sickening. One was dumped at a kill shelter because her owner was angry that she was not a purebred dog after he did a DNA test on her, since as she grew up he thought her ears were too big.

Yup.

That dog would have been killed if we had not rescued her.
I actually know a guy who took his dog to the shelter to get rid of it because he had his carpets changed to another color and thought the dog didn't match his new decor.

Many people abandon pets because they decide to move into some apartment that doesn't accept pets.

Old 02-01-2013, 10:23 PM

389 posts, read 617,024 times
What happened to my top dog comment? Is that not equivalent to good boy?

Old 02-01-2013, 11:18 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,133,213 times
I was walking a dog once and two dogs were in the middle of the street fighting holding up traffic. I asked the girl I was with what happened in all of it that caused the fight....she said that she suspected from the developing that the one dog was confused and trying to do what was described in the OP and the other one didn't like the idea. So maybe there were other reasons, maybe there were other dogs in the neighborhood or something.

Last edited by stargazzer; 02-01-2013 at 11:28 PM..

Old 02-01-2013, 11:29 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,945,990 times
Wink My gay dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Dogs are heterosexual.
Not true. I once had a gay dog, he was a Shetland Sheepdog or "Sheltie." How did I know my dog was gay? Well, if I left him alone in a room, he would re-arrange the furniture and tidy up when I got back. He refused to eat normal dog food unless I added a bordelaise sauce to it and garnished it with sprigs of cilantro and Greek kalamata olive slices. At Petsmart he picked out a lavender collar with rhinestones on it. His rubber toys had batteries in them and they vibrated. He enjoyed listening to Broadway show tunes, and also Barbra Streisand. He would try to hump mailmen, cops, UPS and FedEx delivery men. He didn't just walk, he pranced.

Old 02-01-2013, 11:49 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,005,230 times
I am still waiting for a follow-up news article that states that the former owner has been found and neutered.

I think there are a few compelling cases to be made for forced sterilization - this level of stupidity ought to be one of them. Surely, we don't want idiots like that to breed.

Old 02-02-2013, 12:05 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
The research by zoologists doesn't lie. Some animals are homosexual, just as some humans are. I'm not sure why some people can't accept that. I guess the truth is too difficult for some to handle.
Probably because no one can sit down with dogs and interview them on how they feel about their sexuality.

Old 02-02-2013, 12:32 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Probably because no one can sit down with dogs and interview them on how they feel about their sexuality.
What about that dog whisperer guy? I'm sure he could tell us the real truth. Actually if I were gay I wouldn't want to compare myself to a dog to try and make my case for how it's "natural" but to each their own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies