Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of the idea of whites becoming a Minority in America?
I don't want it to have a negative affect on America 5 8.62%
As long as the core principals of America is believe in we might be ok. 9 15.52%
Do you think it can be stopped? 7 12.07%
I think it will result in a less free, less prosperous nation 9 15.52%
I think it will result in a failing state like South Africa 8 13.79%
I think It will end in conflict 8 13.79%
I think it will end the American Culture as we have know it 14 24.14%
Other, explain 10 17.24%
Skin color does not matter culture and ideology does. 23 39.66%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 09:18 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Another uninformed person.

A majority of hispanics are white.

No.

Old 02-28-2013, 09:25 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,119,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
There are still at least 11 million here illegally and that is a large number. Not only that but hundreds of thousands are their anchor babies. Therefore an unnatural and unlawful change to the demographics of our country. Many of their anchors are of the child bearing age. Do the math.
It's really not that large.... there are more people living illegally than ever before.... at the same time there are more people living in America than ever before.

USA population: 313 million
Illegal Population: 11 million

Percentage of illegals in USA 3.5%. Hardly scary. Furthermore, do people think that Mexicans are the first illegals in this country? That's silly, we've been having "illegals" in this country since this country was founded. Y'all think everyone that stepped into this country from 1776-2013 was legal and lived here legally outside the Mexicans/hispanics?

Old 02-28-2013, 09:28 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,119,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
It has to do with one of the main "white minority" fears - that it will result in the loss of the general American culture. Nobody will remember what July 4 is. People won't know who George Washington was. People will see the constitution as just some words and not the founding document of the country. Stuff like that.
So you think American history will stop being taught, I'm confused.

Quote:
It doesn't really have anything to do with white people being a minority. That's just a way to refer to it. It has to do with American history and values not being respected by the majority of the people living in America. Really it doesn't matter if the majority was composed of aborigines originally from New Guinea. If 10% were white and 90% were purple with green stripes that would be fine, as long as the purple ones considered themselves Americans.
And how do we define that? Who gets to be the one to define it? How would you define American history and values. How are they not being respected?

Old 02-28-2013, 09:33 PM

733 posts, read 940,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Like I said: this is 2013 and it does NOT matter what happened 100's of years ago. The US is a country and has the right to decide who it will let in or NOT. Same for Mexico, Spain, India, Liberia and so on. Sheesh!
Of course it does, if it wasn't for what happened hundreds of years ago the US wouldn't be here, everything is interrelated, everything matters, to say history doesn't matter is ignorant, without what happened in history everything you enjoy, your possessions, your life, you owe all of that to the actions of history, as do all of us.

Old 02-28-2013, 10:39 PM

733 posts, read 940,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
That is only in the southwest where Hispanics have high numbers. With continued illegal immigration those numbers will spread throughout our country. Hispanic citizens generally are bi-lingual but many of them refuse to speak English unless they have to. Many if not most Hispanic illegals don't want to learn English.

The U.S. was bulit on illegal immigration? What are you talking about? Who cares that a few idiots approach U.S. citizens of native indian ancestry and accuses them of being here illegally? They don't repesent the majority. Who is going around killing American citizens of Mexican descent? We don't need a scapegoat for what ails this country. Is pointing out the negative impact of illegal immigration on our country a scapegoat? No, it is just a fact. And no one is claiming that all that ails our country is due to just illegal immigration either!
*sigh*

I am of course referring to the illegal immigration into what was referred to and nominally legally recognized as "Indian Country", as well as the genocide that went with it

It's.... bull****, and I'm sure you won't be able to tell the difference between an Apache and many Mexicans by looking at them.

Immigration authorities, border patrol, etc

You sure? And it seems that plenty of this "negative impact" is overattributed to "illegal immigration"

You don't have to be

Old 02-28-2013, 11:18 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Btw,this is stupid.

Mexicans are white,sorry to burst everyone's bubble.

If it does happen,I see chaos.

Blacks against whites,whites against hispanics,Asians against blacks,Asians against whites,etc....

Its not really looking bright for blacks either....
In fact much worse than it is for whites,because everyone respects whites,esp Asians.
No one really respects blacks.
This entire post is very ill-informed.

african presence in mexico - YouTube

Old 03-01-2013, 03:08 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,464,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
So you think American history will stop being taught, I'm confused.
Not stop being taught, stop being emphasized as important.

Quote:
And how do we define that? Who gets to be the one to define it? How would you define American history and values. How are they not being respected?
There's no possible way to answer these questions in a post on a forum. Entire books have been written about this stuff. Plus, I've seen your posts before so I know that you know what culture is and how it evolves, and that nobody "gets to be the one to define it". Plus, all this is about a hypothetical future where massive immigration of people with high birth rates simply supplant American culture without assimilating or melding into it.

I get the distinct impression, though I could be wrong, that with these questions am expected to be an ignorant flag waving hick telling all them foreigners to get out of my country and go back where they belong.

Old 03-01-2013, 06:17 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlaneloli View Post
Of course it does, if it wasn't for what happened hundreds of years ago the US wouldn't be here, everything is interrelated, everything matters, to say history doesn't matter is ignorant, without what happened in history everything you enjoy, your possessions, your life, you owe all of that to the actions of history, as do all of us.
That can be said about Mexico, Ireland, Kenya and so on. Understanding the past is important but it's neither here nor there, it CAN'T be changed.

Old 03-01-2013, 06:21 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlaneloli View Post
*sigh*

I am of course referring to the illegal immigration into what was referred to and nominally legally recognized as "Indian Country", as well as the genocide that went with it

It's.... bull****, and I'm sure you won't be able to tell the difference between an Apache and many Mexicans by looking at them.

Immigration authorities, border patrol, etc

You sure? And it seems that plenty of this "negative impact" is overattributed to "illegal immigration"

You don't have to be
Not a thing wrong with keeping illegal aliens OUT of the US. ALL countries have immigration control laws. I'm def sure the Indians had wars with each other over invaders before 1492.

I've seen and talked with some Mexicans and Chicanos I swore were Italian, Black, and even Irish. They DON'T all look the same.

Old 03-01-2013, 06:25 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
Default so what?

I am forced to apply our old "Nam saying.

Don't mean Nothing, don't make no matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies