Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 01:57 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,655,769 times

Advertisements

If you guys think Bloomberg makes up stuff..here's some more links:

Zero Hedge | On a long enough timeline the survival rate for everyone drops to zero
CFPB considering role in consumer investment arena | CFPB Monitor
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2013, 02:02 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,273,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I provided the link in my post. See the link in post #1

It's a Bloomberg article or do you think they make up stuff like Fox does ?
I don't see anything in any of those that says the CFPB is going to "manage" our retirement funds. It says over and over that they want to regulate banks who manage your funds.

I guess if you like what Wall Street did to our retirement funds in 2009, that alarms you.

But the rest of us noticed that the housing collapse happened in large part because the damn banks weren't regulated, and we would like those crooks to have a harder time stealing from us than they did before.

Everything else you're talking about is your fantasy world again. Oh, and we're coming for your guns, too.

Old 02-04-2013, 02:10 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,231,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
I don't see anything in any of those that says the CFPB is going to "manage" our retirement funds. It says over and over that they want to regulate banks who manage your funds.

I guess if you like what Wall Street did to our retirement funds in 2009, that alarms you.

But the rest of us noticed that the housing collapse happened in large part because the damn banks weren't regulated, and we would like those crooks to have a harder time stealing from us than they did before.

Everything else you're talking about is your fantasy world again. Oh, and we're coming for your guns, too.

my retirement funds almost tripled in 2009, I like what happened just fine. if I could retire now instead having to wait til 59.5, i would.

Old 02-04-2013, 02:10 PM

20,736 posts, read 19,420,407 times
And this is why social security needs to remain but with the idea that it is a basic transfer payment supported by a tax. That is what it is and it needs to live outside the financial economy.

And what the hell is a "fund" anyway? There is no credit market as if money has anything to do with public expenditures.

Adjust social security progressively and leave a reasonable worker to retiree ratio.

The insolvency of social security is a myth just as much as if welfare could become insolvent. Its a tax burden cost/benefit proposition more or less measured in the idea that falling into a meat grinder at the end of life might impact one's work ethic early in life. 20 somethings will be watching.

Old 02-04-2013, 02:11 PM

20,496 posts, read 12,427,818 times
This from a government that makes videos telling people being attacked by a gunman to fight with a chair.

geez.

RUN HIDE FIGHT Surviving an Active Shooter - YouTube

Old 02-04-2013, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post

What ? This was an interview with the head of the agency.
hey..believe it or not. I don't care.
Just passing on pertinent information.

If you don't believe a Bloomberg interview with Cordray then fine by me.

Old 02-04-2013, 02:17 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,378,504 times
The article clearly stated manage accounts and said nothing about regulating. And anyone with just a few brain cells know once the gvt gets there foot in the door they are there to stay. Common sense would tell us that a cash starving gvt would think of a idea for revenue. And what better way then to dupe the ignorant that the nice gvt is protecting their investments.

I always wonder why this worthless agency existed and now I know.

Old 02-04-2013, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
The article clearly stated manage accounts and said nothing about regulating. And anyone with just a few brain cells know once the gvt gets there foot in the door they are there to stay. Common sense would tell us that a cash starving gvt would think of a idea for revenue. And what better way then to dupe the ignorant that the nice gvt is protecting their investments.

I always wonder why this worthless agency existed and now I know.
Actually it's quite interesting in how it was set up.
Head is appointed by the President for 5 years.
It gets it's money directly from the Fed..no need to lobby to Congress for money.

So we have a consumer finance bureau financed by the banksters protecting us from the banksters.

Old 02-04-2013, 02:24 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,974,757 times
This idea was actually floated a few years ago. They are considering taking the IRAs and giving an annuity or other monthly payment in return. Here's an article:

Does Government Want To Drain Americans' 401(k) Retirement Plans? - Investors.com

Old 02-04-2013, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
This idea was actually floated a few years ago. They are considering taking the IRAs and giving an annuity or other monthly payment in return. Here's an article:

Does Government Want To Drain Americans' 401(k) Retirement Plans? - Investors.com
That's what I pointed out..different groups take their turns talking about how they could better mange private retirement money.

This is a recurring theme in DC. Now the question is which group will win ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies