Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2016, 05:51 PM

57,294 posts, read 26,217,746 times

Advertisements

I would imagine this is fairly widespread.

"Washington (CNN)Colin Powell and top staffers for Condoleezza Rice received classified information through personal email accounts, according to a new report from State Department investigators."

State Department: Colin Powell, Condoleezza Rice staffers received classified info via personal email - CNNPolitics.com

Old 02-04-2016, 05:54 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,098,861 times
It's not their fault that someone sent classified information to their personal email, the question is, did they report the security breach?

There is a lot of people on the left trying to use this deflect heat away from Hillary, despite the fact that this is nothing like what Hillary did with her email, and personal server.

Old 02-04-2016, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
It's not their fault that someone sent classified information to their personal email, the question is, did they report the security breach?

There is a lot of people on the left trying to use this deflect heat away from Hillary, despite the fact that this is nothing like what Hillary did with her email, and personal server.
The smart money says there are a lot more than 20 emails in violation.

All of Clintons emails were sent, not received?

Old 02-04-2016, 06:52 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Quote:

How would they or Clinton know? The emails were not marked as classified and both Powell and Clinton say the subject matter of these supposedly classified emails was so vague, general and in public circulation that they would not have questioned it.

Old 02-04-2016, 07:05 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,373,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
How would they or Clinton know? The emails were not marked as classified and both Powell and Clinton say the subject matter of these supposedly classified emails was so vague, general and in public circulation that they would not have questioned it.
I think what you are saying speaks to the complaints about "Over Classification" by which ever department (after the fact)...How is considered a illegal item IF after the fact one out of all departments deem something AFTER the fact as "CLASSIFIED"?

I have a feeling that this over Classification came about due to electronic accesses which was NOT an issue over a decade ago...Courts in the "Olden Days" would deal with requests to certain items...but now..in the age of 24/7 media and public social media demand..The Bureaucracy has NOT caught up with it.

As to hackings..Fed's also have a BAD RECORD..so hey, whatever communication used on internet seems hackable no matter how, where, who, when it was sent.. Just maybe Govn't best update and continually update their "Firewalls " weekly!!

I'm willing to bet Clinton's server was far more secure than Government servers at this point...It's also evident..that no body in the public..let alone hackers were even aware of a Private Server of the Clinton's Hindsight and judgement is always 100%, eh?

Old 02-04-2016, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The smart money says there are a lot more than 20 emails in violation.

All of Clintons emails were sent, not received?
Is that correct? I find it hard to believe that Clinton never received classified emails the entire time she was SoS.

If she knowingly sent classified information with her personal email, that would be a serious problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
After reading it, if they had reason to believe that the information was classified, they are obligated to report it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
I think what you are saying speaks to the complaints about "Over Classification" by which ever department (after the fact)...How is considered a illegal item IF after the fact one out of all departments deem something AFTER the fact as "CLASSIFIED"?

I have a feeling that this over Classification came about due to electronic accesses which was NOT an issue over a decade ago...Courts in the "Olden Days" would deal with requests to certain items...but now..in the age of 24/7 media and public social media demand..The Bureaucracy has NOT caught up with it.

As to hackings..Fed's also have a BAD RECORD..so hey, whatever communication used on internet seems hackable no matter how, where, who, when it was sent.. Just maybe Govn't best update and continually update their "Firewalls " weekly!!

I'm willing to bet Clinton's server was far more secure than Government servers at this point...It's also evident..that no body in the public..let alone hackers were even aware of a Private Server of the Clinton's Hindsight and judgement is always 100%, eh?
I'm not qualified to speak on the matter, but I have read that the security on Clinton's server was quite low, much lower than on government servers.

Old 02-04-2016, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Is that correct? I find it hard to believe that Clinton never received classified emails the entire time she was SoS.

If she knowingly sent classified information with her personal email, that would be a serious problem.
Maybe she did but I imagine she would not be alone in that matter.

Old 02-04-2016, 08:17 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
LOL..so now we're going with "Well the Republicans did it....."

Old 02-04-2016, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Maybe she did but I imagine she would not be alone in that matter.
Maybe, but the others aren't being investigated by the FBI, Hillary is, and for good reason. Lets also not forget that the others are not running for a presidential nomination.

Old 02-04-2016, 08:39 PM

2,055 posts, read 1,449,157 times
This is from the link ...

Washington (CNN)Colin Powell and top staffers for Condoleezza Rice received classified information through personal email accounts, according to a new report from State Department investigators ... The information was deemed either "secret" or "confidential," according to the report.

The operative word here is RECEIVED. Not one mention of a retransmit or storage ... unlike billary. This is akin to getting a wrong number call on your cell phone and then get in trouble because of the idiot that called you.

This is a nonstory.

El Nox
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies