Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 10:36 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,561,284 times

Advertisements

The FBI are not disclosing any details. The family don't even know his whereabouts.

“Muslim civil activist Malcolm Shabazz was reportedly arrested before starting his scheduled visit to Tehran to attend a conference on Hollywoodism, sources outside the United States confirmed on Monday. Tehran hosted the third Hollywoodism International Conference, on the sidelines of the 31st Fajr International Film Festival in the Iranian capital Tehran on Sunday. Many filmmakers, directors, actors, and movie critics as well as politicians and economists took part in the conference.”

So far the FBI has given no information to the press about Malcolm Shabazz, and will not even let the family know where he is being held, why, or even if he is safe.

Grandson of Malcolm X Arrested by FBI During Trip Film Conference in Iran :

He's a very handsome young man. Take a look at this clip from newsone. It takes a couple minutes to load their site, so be patient.
Malcolm X Grandson Breaks Silence! | Breaking News for Black America
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2013, 10:57 AM

78,347 posts, read 60,547,237 times
Well, it's breaking news so maybe chill a little bit before they hyperbole making it sound like he has been snatched off to guantanamo bay.

Besides, with your source quality, I doubt they've even spoke with his family. lol.

Give it a couple hours and the what and why will be out in more reputable media.

Old 02-05-2013, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Well, it's breaking news so maybe chill a little bit before they hyperbole making it sound like he has been snatched off to guantanamo bay.

Besides, with your source quality, I doubt they've even spoke with his family. lol.

Give it a couple hours and the what and why will be out in more reputable media.
Doesn't sound like you even looked at the links. I'm reading newsone right now, about how he grew up. It's a very interesting read.

Old 02-05-2013, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Doesn't sound like you even looked at the links. I'm reading newsone right now, about how he grew up. It's a very interesting read.
Your first link I can't even access.

Your second link you cautioned of taking minutes to load.

So....I went and googled and found that it's basically breaking news so I figured I'd wait and see.

I am basically stating that claims trying to make it sound like he's been spirited off to guantanamo bay are premature.

I'm aware of his childhood, he has had a VERY rough childhood largely because his mom was too involved in drugs and whatnot to raise a kid and he has been plauged with rather significant issues all through childhood especially after his mom got institutionalized (more or less) for trying to hire a guy to kill Farrakhan. (and we know why that is.)

Old 02-05-2013, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Your first link I can't even access.

Your second link you cautioned of taking minutes to load.

So....I went and googled and found that it's basically breaking news so I figured I'd wait and see.

I am basically stating that claims trying to make it sound like he's been spirited off to guantanamo bay are premature.

I'm aware of his childhood, he has had a VERY rough childhood largely because his mom was too involved in drugs and whatnot to raise a kid and he has been plauged with rather significant issues all through childhood especially after his mom got institutionalized (more or less) for trying to hire a guy to kill Farrakhan. (and we know why that is.)
Yes, he was a smart kid that was passed around from one relative to the next, an environment of luxury to an environment of squalor and back again. A sad tale. Never really having any sense of security.

Quote:
I started driving when I was 9. I would watch my aunt [Check with writer to determine which aunt] and memorize [each step]. One day, early in the morning I took [her] keys. I had difficulty starting [the car] at first, [but] I drove to school [and] parked [and] went to school like it was nothing. My aunt found out and came to school. They didn’t even believe her, but it was true. My mother put me in a mental institution after that. She was really angry. I didn’t belong there. I wasn’t crazy. I had done something wrong and needed discipline. But not [being sent] to a hospital.
I don't know much about Malcolm X, but this makes me want to learn more. A good book on the subject is supposed to be by a Zak Kondo.

Quote:
Historian and member of the committee researching this story, Zak Kondo, published a marvelous book two decades ago on the assassination of Malcolm X, wherein he explored quite a bit of biographical material on the five assassins
You should take the time to let newsone load. It's a website For Black America and has lots of interesting articles.

Old 02-05-2013, 01:53 PM

Don't forget that he's long had issues with fire....of course leading to the death of Betty Shabazz no less.

No offense intended but with his background of neglect and family trauma I think there is some truth to him having some mental issues despite attempts in his mature years to try to portray them as fabrications and he's been arrested a couple times.

I hope he straightens himself out, we shall have to wait and see what the charges are this time.

I really liked what Malcolm X became, I feel the US was cheated of his best given his untimely assassination by Farrakhans crew. I can tell you which one I'd wish had been shot instead.

Old 02-05-2013, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Don't forget that he's long had issues with fire....of course leading to the death of Betty Shabazz no less.

No offense intended but with his background of neglect and family trauma I think there is some truth to him having some mental issues despite attempts in his mature years to try to portray them as fabrications and he's been arrested a couple times.

I hope he straightens himself out, we shall have to wait and see what the charges are this time.

I really liked what Malcolm X became, I feel the US was cheated of his best given his untimely assassination by Farrakhans crew. I can tell you which one I'd wish had been shot instead.
He explains the fire in that article, he was only 12. He set it, expecting his aunt to go out the fire escape, she didn't. He thought that setting the fire would get him sent back to his mom.

Old 02-05-2013, 02:42 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,412,427 times
Quote:
Yes, he was a smart kid that was passed around from one relative to the next, an environment of luxury to an environment of squalor and back again. A sad tale. Never really having any sense of security.

I don't know much about Malcolm X, but this makes me want to learn more. A good book on the subject is supposed to be by a Zak Kondo.

You should take the time to let newsone load. It's a website For Black America and has lots of interesting articles.
Cue the violins this is the one who burned his grandma to death at age 12 right? I'm sure he was bound for great things.

Old 02-05-2013, 05:40 PM

799 posts, read 1,094,576 times
It's kind of amazing to me to see how Malcolm X's and Malcolm Shabazz's life are so similar up to this point. Rest In Paradise Mrs. Shabazz

Old 02-06-2013, 12:01 PM

Quote:
He explains the fire in that article, he was only 12. He set it, expecting his aunt to go out the fire escape, she didn't. He thought that setting the fire would get him sent back to his mom.
Well, that's his version of the events. Who knows?

If you read more you will find he had other incidents with fire.

That's my only point, that he was clearly troubled as a youth and his mom didn't provide him with a stable life. I personally don't believe he intentionally killed his grandma but that's just IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies