Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2013, 12:16 PM

918 posts, read 816,882 times

Advertisements

[quote]Originally posted by HistorianDude
Most soldiers, sailors and airman are liars. It is part of the military culture. All war stories begin with "This is a no-sh*t story..."[quote]

What kind of obnoxious and anti-American lefturd would make this comment?
I see that you have been harping on the point that "The burden of proof is on the affirmative.".

You stated just that,
...so where is your proof of that ugly contention about "liars" you posted that insults almost all of the people who've served in our military, myself included?
...and where is your proof that being liars "is part of the military culture"?
...and lastly where is your proof that "all war stories begin with "This is a no-sh*t story""?

Remember now mister HistorianDude..."The burden of proof is on the affirmative." and who is it that is making these affirmative allegations? I fear that this time somebody has let their ignominious and hate-filled agenda burying them up to their eyeballs.

I'm waiting.

Old 02-09-2013, 12:18 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,075,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhugo View Post
What kind of obnoxious and anti-American lefturd would make this comment?
Someone who actually served and knows about what they speak.

If you want to change the subject from the OP, start another thread. Maybe I'll play. Probably not.

Old 02-09-2013, 12:20 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,554,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Don't be a cretin. I have "affirmed" no such thing.
Don't be a moron, of course you are by claiming the event never happened since YOU accept no truth but that which supports your stance.

Old 02-09-2013, 12:21 PM

26,563 posts, read 14,441,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
After you get a contemporaneous account, you'll want a police report, or lie detector test, or something else,.....
in the case of the fight at the football game, yea, it would be great to get the police report or anything with the other party's account of the fight. we're just getting one side of the story.

but even taken as fact it's unclear from the report if the spitting was due solely because the victim was a service member. your second link, which i have no reason to doubt, still doesn't support the theory of them being spit upon solely due to being a service member. the same thing could have, and probably did happen, to DC police. in that case it seems that the douche-rocket spitters were attempting to entice a violent response.

if you're under the impression that i'm anti-military you're sorely mistaken. i was born, raised and still live in the shadow of camp pendleton, my father and uncles are all navy vets and i regularly do various volunteer work for the military. as long as i can remember (born 1967) i've heard the "returning service member spit upon" story and have believed it without doubt. i can recall my high school history teacher, a vietnam vet, relating the story. but now i believe there is the possibility it could be a classic urban legend and would like to separate the fact from the BS.

thank you tho for posting those contemporaneous accounts.

Old 02-09-2013, 12:27 PM

26,563 posts, read 14,441,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
And since you and those who think as you do insist on being provided proof, ....
why is asking someone to support their statements something you object to?

Old 02-09-2013, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Don't be a moron, of course you are by claiming the event never happened since YOU accept no truth but that which supports your stance.
It is clear you don't know what the difference between what an "affirmative" is and a "negative" is. This is a deficit pandemic among those who cannot reason their way out of a paper bag.

Truth is not dependent upon anyone's acceptance. But it is generally associated with evidence.

Where is yours?

Last edited by HistorianDude; 02-09-2013 at 01:01 PM..

Old 02-09-2013, 01:43 PM

918 posts, read 816,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Someone who actually served and knows about what they speak.
Says you. Got some proof, because even with proof...YOU'RE STILL ONLY A MINORITY OPINION OF ONE!

If you want to change the subject from the OP, start another thread. Maybe I'll play. Probably not.[/quote]
Don't ignore the rest of my posted challenge if you're a vet who served and it is germain to this topic thread and YOU introduced it, so don't try ducking out the back-door on me. No real veteran I know would do that. Say "Probably not" and refuse a fair challenge. And like I said earlier...

Quote:
I can say that, because you introduced it in reply to another comment:
I see that you have been harping on the point that "The burden of proof is on the affirmative.".

You stated just that,
...so where is your proof of that ugly contention about "liars" you posted that insults almost all of the people who've served in our military, myself included?
...and where is your proof that being liars "is part of the military culture"?
...and lastly where is your proof that "all war stories begin with "This is a no-sh*t story""?

Remember now mister HistorianDude..."The burden of proof is on the affirmative." and who is it that is making these affirmative allegations? I fear that this time somebody has let their ignominious and hate-filled agenda burying them up to their eyeballs.

I'm still waiting
and by now...so is everyone else.

Old 02-09-2013, 03:23 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,554,399 times
[quote=HistorianDude;28168127]
Quote:
It is clear you don't know what the difference between what an "affirmative" is and a "negative" is. This is a deficit pandemic among those who cannot reason their way out of a paper bag.
That would be someone such as you, who accepts no argument contrary to his preconceived opinions and seems to want any definitition to fit his own needs. In other words, someone withou knowledge of any sort on this subject, such as you.

Quote:
Truth is not dependent upon anyone's acceptance. But it is generally associated with evidence.

Where is yours?
And you have multiple times been challenged to produce evidence to support your stance. Since you claim the "I heard" type evidence, you cannot possible expect anyone to accept your "I never saw it" as evidence.

In other words, you prove you do not know what you are spouting about but are determined to show yourself to be correct.

Accepting no evidence except for that with which you are comfortable just goes to show that you truly do not wish to know the truth, which you obviously do not know.

Old 02-09-2013, 03:34 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times
I tell you what, there were more than a few who deserved to be spit on when they got back. My brother in law flew a helicopter in that war. You wouldn't believe the stories. He was totally disillusioned about the service when he got out.

Old 02-09-2013, 03:36 PM

Quote:
And you have multiple times been challenged to produce evidence to support your stance. Since you claim the "I heard" type evidence, you cannot possible expect anyone to accept your "I never saw it" as evidence.
What does that even mean? Did you leave out a whole sentence?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies