Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 02:13 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,920,226 times

Advertisements

As deep spending ($500 billion) and defense ($500 billion) cuts take place, lets check back and see who was responsible for it:

Boehner: I got 98 percent of what I wanted - CBS News

The Republicans should be very happy - instead they are b*tching and complaining about the cuts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2013, 02:22 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
As deep spending ($500 billion) and defense ($500 billion) cuts take place, lets check back and see who was responsible for it:

Boehner: I got 98 percent of what I wanted - CBS News

The Republicans should be very happy - instead they are b*tching and complaining about the cuts.
Disengenous post.

Boehner's remarks are about the development of the debt ceiling deal that led to the creation of the Super Committee to begin with. Therefore, Boehner was speaking from the context that the Super Committee would come to an agreement on debts and deficits. Most people in Washington were not expecting the Super Committee to fail in totality. He was not talking about the sequester.

Try again.

Old 02-08-2013, 02:24 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
'news' from a year and a half ago?

*yawn*

Old 02-08-2013, 02:32 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,863,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Disengenous post.

Boehner's remarks are about the development of the debt ceiling deal that led to the creation of the Super Committee to begin with. Therefore, Boehner was speaking from the context that the Super Committee would come to an agreement on debts and deficits. Most people in Washington were not expecting the Super Committee to fail in totality. He was not talking about the sequester.

Try again.
You mean now Boehner didn't vote for the Budget Control Act? Did he retroactively change his vote or something? Or maybe it's just the old Repub favorite, revising history move.

Old 02-08-2013, 02:32 PM

2,817 posts, read 3,463,489 times
i do notice that obama is never to blame for anything. first it was bush, not it is the republicans, soon the animals. but never obama.

Old 02-08-2013, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
i do notice that obama is never to blame for anything. first it was bush, not it is the republicans, soon the animals. but never obama.
They are all responsible for the Law, but it seems mostly the Repubs, but not all, are to blame for a lack of compromise. Obama can't do anything but suggest compromises and push Congress to do their job.

Old 02-08-2013, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
They are all responsible for the Law, but it seems mostly the Repubs, but not all, are to blame for a lack of compromise. Obama can't do anything but suggest compromises and push Congress to do their job.
And the House GOP can only present passed legislation to the Senate. It can't force it to act. Which it hasn't. There is no caveat. Democrats are just as responsible for the obstruction as anyone else. But that doesn't stop disingenuous Democrats from trying to pass the blame. One can only assume it's because Democrats in Congress believe their constituents are too stupid to understand what's actually going on.

Old 02-08-2013, 02:49 PM

Quote:
And the House GOP can only present passed legislation to the Senate. It can't force it to act. Which it hasn't. There is no caveat. Democrats are just as responsible for the obstruction as anyone else. But that doesn't stop disingenuous Democrats from trying to pass the blame.
The Senate is working at a reasonable solution, the House is not.

Senate Democrats Sequester Offer Contains $120 Billion In Savings Over 10 Months

Old 02-08-2013, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
The Senate is working at a reasonable solution, the House is not.

Senate Democrats Sequester Offer Contains $120 Billion In Savings Over 10 Months
Ah...so that's what this is about. You get to determine what's "reasonable" and then assail Republicans for not agreeing with you. I get it!

And you wonder why there's no such thing as compromise? Did you just shoot yourself in the foot on purpose? With your 'reasonableness test' it sure seems like it. In other words, you're not interested in compromise in the slightest, no matter how hard you twist and contort and blame Republicans.

Old 02-08-2013, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Ah...so that's what this is about. You get to determine what's "reasonable" and then assail Republicans for not agreeing with you. I get it!

And you wonder why there's no such thing as compromise? Did you just shoot yourself in the foot on purpose? With your 'reasonableness test' it sure seems like it. In other words, you're not interested in compromise in the slightest, no matter how hard you twist and contort and blame Republicans.
Do you understand the process of negotiation and compromise? I think it is reasonable, but that's just my opinion. It takes give and take to come to a negotiated agreement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies