Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 12:25 PM

7,147 posts, read 4,742,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
This case scenario is better than an having a child raised by a single mom collecting welfare. Some kids grow up with god-mothers and god-fathers in addition to their parents, and no one finds it confusing. An extra parent is extra love.

Next we'll be debating how "extra husbands mean extra love," or vice versa with wives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2013, 12:26 PM

7,147 posts, read 4,742,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
My sister and her partner have been in a monogamous, loving relationship for 20 years. In fact, they are pillars of the community. One is a DA for a county in the Midwest, the other is the head of the HR dept of a large university.

Together they raised my sister's partner's son. He is now 21, highly successful, perfectly well-adjusted and it just so happens, completely hetereosexual.

They are the very picture of a strong, loving, supportive family. From my network of friends and through my sister I know many gay couples, many of which are raising wonderful children themselves.

I can see that having three names on a birth certificate in this way might cause some legal hassles down the road, but the sexual orientation of a parent, of course, has no bearing on hw a child will turn out. Only ignorant bigots think stupid crud like that.

I respected your story and opinion until you lowered your standards to name calling.

Old 02-09-2013, 12:26 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I didn't ever have anything but touchy feely, with her. I was in 7th grade... Back in the 70's, when there were still some morals.
Many people have morals today. Why did you give yours away?

Old 02-09-2013, 12:57 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
Next we'll be debating how "extra husbands mean extra love," or vice versa with wives.
Polygamy may be just around the corner at this rate.

Old 02-09-2013, 02:25 PM

1,167 posts, read 1,122,362 times
Burdell and Mr.ED

Click image for larger version

Name:	hayworthhorse.jpg
Views:	5803
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	107307

Old 02-09-2013, 02:29 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times
After the two-year legal battle, when Gerina was not permitted to see his daughter, Judge Antonio Marin signed off on an agreement reached on January 31, granting Gerina weekly visits with Emma for several hours, at the mothers' residence or an otherwise agreed upon location. Emma's birth certificate was issued with all three parents' names on it.

"I am the father and I have visitation, but legally speaking they [Italiano and Filippazzo] are the parents, but that does not exclude me from Emma's activities or major decisions," Gerina says.
Gerina says that he is still good friends with the couple and "whatever happened we put it in the past," and that he does not think any less of them because what transpired.

Gerina says he sees his daughter all of the time now and is constant contact with the couple on how she is doing.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds like a mess to me. I don't know how they will act in the future after going to court already.

I like the saying---

"Every child is entitled to a mother and a father but not every adult are not entitled to a child."

Old 02-09-2013, 02:49 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
As long as the child is loved, they have it better then a lot of straight moms and dads who ignore their kids, beat them, and can have as many as they want.

Its been shown through study that the children of two lesbians, have better social and mental development rates then those of regular moms and dads.

Maybe read a book, you'd be amazed what you can learn.

Last edited by Memphis1979; 02-09-2013 at 02:58 PM..

Old 02-09-2013, 02:56 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,206,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Anyone who knows biology 101 knows that one of those three "parents" is nothing of the kind. It would be sort of like Catholic parents putting one or both of the godparents on the child's birth certificate.
My children are all adopted, and my husband and I are on their birth certificates, even though we're not their biological parents. I don't understand why this birth certificate thing is freaking people out. So what? What's the big deal about listing three people who are the legal parents (it isn't just biological parents in other situations) of a child vs. 2?

Old 02-09-2013, 02:58 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,850,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
I respected your story and opinion until you lowered your standards to name calling.
Why didn't you complain about "peter puffer" which was posted way back on Page 1?

Old 02-09-2013, 03:00 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,850,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I didn't ever have anything but touchy feely, with her. I was in 7th grade... Back in the 70's, when there were still some morals.
Was that the same 70s when we had the Sexual Revolution? Remember that one - free love for all?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies