Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 03:08 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
I am not murdering my children. My children were given a chance at life and they are thriving awesome kids.
Missed the point...didn't you? Not surprising though, considering the fact that you read an online article so evidently short on facts and details, but yet you are johnny on the spot to condem and sit judgement on a deceased woman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2013, 03:14 PM

19,639 posts, read 12,231,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
ERs are seldom equipped to deal with late-term pregancy issues, unless you are talking about TV shows of course.
So an 8 month pregnant woman goes to the er with pain and bleeding or some other problem and they do nothing?

Old 02-09-2013, 03:19 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,063,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
So an 8 month pregnant woman goes to the er with pain and bleeding or some other problem and they do nothing?

If something goes wrong at those clinics, they call 911 like everyone else and those women are transported to the ER. The ER is equipped to save lives.

Women would prefer to get their abortions in the ER, but for the morally black, they often need to go to clinics like this one.

Last edited by CaseyB; 02-10-2013 at 01:53 PM.. Reason: personal attack

Old 02-09-2013, 03:21 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
I might get some heat for this but to me 33 weeks is.... Just... Wrong.

I remember feeling my daughter kick like crazy when I was that far along. How can you feel your unborn child and then get an abortion?

I am usually neutral on this issue but I don't understand how someone can go through with a late term abortion like this one.
This is were most people draw the line......seems to never be the topic of debate, it's always first 4 weeks..........

Old 02-09-2013, 03:27 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post

If something goes wrong at those clinics, they call 911 like everyone else and those women are transported to the ER. The ER is equipped to save lives.

Women would prefer to get their abortions in the ER, but for the morally black, they often need to go to clinics like this one.
Boy, you sure do make a lot of ASSumptions don't you? Here's a more likely scenario, to explain why she was able to travel to another clinic - maybe the fetus was already dead inside the womb? If that were the case (and unlike you I'll say this is merely SPECULATION), she would have at least a few days to find the right doctor.

Last edited by CaseyB; 02-10-2013 at 01:54 PM..

Old 02-09-2013, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
This is were most people draw the line......seems to never be the topic of debate, it's always first 4 weeks..........
Yes, and it's also where the law draws the line... hence the reason most of us are thinking it was medically-related, but without more information everyone here is speculating. Bottom line, you can't just "choose to abort" at 33 weeks. End of story.

Old 02-09-2013, 03:29 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,241,838 times
Will you people READ the article before commenting?

She never even got to see the doctor, let alone start an abortion: "Her attempts to reach Carhart were unsuccessful." She walked into the clinic already extremely sick--so bad that the local ER couldn't even save her OWN life.

This article isn't about abortion, it's about how some women are not educated enough to seek professional help BEFORE the situation turns irreversible tragic.

Old 02-09-2013, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
They would do what they could, I imagine, but if the situation were less time-restrictive (like the scenario I suggested above), they would be recommended to another doctor - one who was specifically trained in performing late-term abortions, in hopes of reducing risk to the mother and/or baby.

Old 02-09-2013, 03:31 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,063,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Boy, you sure do make a lot of ASSumptions don't you? Here's a more likely scenario, to explain why she was able to travel to another clinic - maybe the fetus was already dead inside the womb? If that were the case (and unlike you I'll say this is merely SPECULATION), she would have at least a few days to find the right doctor.
Women with a stillbirth can go to the ER right away. I don't make "ASSumptions" I talk from a point of knowledge.

Old 02-09-2013, 03:32 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,168,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
I dislike abortion. That being said, If this abortion was performed in an attempt to save the life of the mother, Then what is the problem? I feel bad she has passed on, for many reasons, Karma has nothing to do with this.

Again, I disagree with Abortion, I disagree with the OP's message, even more. We know not why this was performed, without further information, to cast aspersions, is inane.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies