Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 07:26 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,134,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Ig Hitler was a white supremacist, then why did he murder 6 million white people?

Non-Jewish Holocaust Victims - 5 Million Forgotten
Tell me this fellow Los Angelino? Where does it state that White supremacist can't murder White folk? Hitler was a White supremacist and a sociopath... His belief system had a foundation of ignorance... Many other white supremacist followed his ideology to their deaths... He was responsible for more deaths then just the Semantic and minorities deaths attributed to his craziness... He was an anti christ and a white supremacist...

Below I've listed a definition so you won't get confused again...

Definition of WHITE SUPREMACIST

: a person who believes that the white race is inherently superior to other races and that white people should have control over people of other races
— white supremacy noun
See white supremacist defined for English-language learners »

White supremacist - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2013, 07:31 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
Um, I study history.
Good.

Stay away from the revisionist "historians".

Old 02-10-2013, 07:41 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Where were you liberals when Byrd was in office?

You say that you oppose him now that he is his grave, but were you protesting his place in the Senate when he was alive?
Well he was elected into office long before I was born, and managed to win re-elections in a state I have never lived in, nor will I ever live in, so that makes it hard to vote him out of office other than saying you don't like him sitting in Congress under the Democrat label.

Maybe this is a question that should be reserved for the people of West Virginia who kept him in office for so long.

Old 02-10-2013, 07:41 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,134,390 times
Quote:
Good.

Stay away from the revisionist "historians".
Conservatives! Ok I'll adhere to that...

Old 02-10-2013, 07:43 PM

Quote:
The civil war was not fought over slavery, it was fought over state's rights.

Why do you historical revisionists always forget that?
Like the state's right to own slaves. Why do you wish to overlook that historical fact? Are you ashamed of the Confederation wanting to have the right to own slaves?

Old 02-10-2013, 07:49 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Conservatives! Ok I'll adhere to that...
Nope.

Liberals.

Old 02-10-2013, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Nope.

Liberals.
A Con telling people not to listen to Liberals, that's rich.

Old 02-10-2013, 07:58 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Look, the Civil War was fought for a variety of reasons. Just as many Northerners were abolitionists and yet simultaneously didn't want black people living NEXT DOOR to them ("Hey, let's send them to, errrr, LIBERIA!"), there were also southerners who didn't own slaves and who truly were fighting for their right to secede - and to protect their own homes. And some were fighting to protect an economy that was fueled by slave labor. And some northerners were truly horrified at the ideas of slavery, while others wanted to preserve a union - also for economic reasons.

In other words, there were many reasons, ranging from noble to morally repugnant, which people on both sides of the Mason Dixon line shed blood for. There were heroes and villains in both blue and gray.

I love the South. LOVE IT and am so glad I was born and raised here. That being said, slavery is a repulsive institution, and like it or not, the southern plantations - tilled and harvested by slave labor - were a huge component of the southern economy. Regardless of the question of "states' rights," southerners were, even if it was by default and even if they had never owned a slave in their lives (like most of my southern ancestors) fighting for the rights of slave owners and slave traders to practice "business as usual" and to continue to enslave other humans.

I don't care how well they "took care of them" - that ****'s just plain wrong. No getting around it.

Like I said, at least one branch of my father's side of the family owned slaves. My dad is a true "son of the south" and his family history is full of wealthy plantation owners. He was, at one point, so enamored with the vision of genteel southern life, with a benign and kindly plantation owner happily providing well for his beloved pets (oops, I mean slaves), that he was actually part of a Civil War reenactment group. Now - my dad is not a racist. He is not an ignorant man. He is very well educated and built a successful business from the ground up. But...my dad is a history buff and is very proud of his own family history. So...he was all misty eyed and nostalgic about the American South.

One day, much to his delight, he found our family's old slave records! He eagerly started combing through them. One entry stopped him short - and to my amazement I watched him read it slowly...and I watched tears fill his eyes.

It was a list of slaves by age and racial "mix" and whether they were indentured servants, working toward their freedom, or a slave for a certain number of years, or retired, or what ever. One entry said simply:

"Benjamin - age 6 - quadroon. Slave for life."

My God. What did that child ever do to deserve such a sentence?

Old 02-10-2013, 08:16 PM

3,378 posts, read 5,010,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
And Hitler came to power in a time when animosity towards other ethnic groups were high. Hitler was not alone in his beliefs in his time.
Your link from some revisionist historian is not convincing.
Revisionist historian? Well, excuse me. Robert Selph Henry was using actual historic sources from both sides in the battle. Revisionist nothing, it's more FACT than you have.

The Battle of Fort Pillow Official Records and Battle Description

Last edited by CaseyB; 02-11-2013 at 03:10 PM.. Reason: language

Old 02-11-2013, 02:37 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Meh...let 'em protest. Won't change anything.
This.

Who cares what the KKK thinks or does? They are so insignificant these days I can't believe anyone still pays any attention to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies