Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 12:28 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Those kids are U.S. citizens.

Is there some law saying that U.S. citizens who have done nothing wrong, can be kicked out of the country?

My point remains: It is for the parents to decide what happens to their (young) kids. It's not the U.S. government's business.
What..leave a 5 year old in the US to fend for themselves ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2013, 12:35 PM

16,675 posts, read 15,676,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
If the parents refuse to make a decision, what would you propose that we (the USA) do with this 5 year old citizen?

Old 04-22-2013, 12:38 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
If the parents refuse to make a decision, what would you propose that we (the USA) do with this 5 year old citizen?
I already posted my opinion. If they are minors they go with the parents.

That is what immigrants/tourists/diplomats legally do today if they have kids in the US and then go home.
We don't question what happens to the kids.

Yet we do with illegals ?

Old 04-22-2013, 12:41 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Unless the parents are known abusers, they should be allowed to take their minor age children home with them when they go. If they are known abusers, remove the kids from them and put them in foster homes.

Old 04-22-2013, 12:45 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Any illegal who won't take their young children home with them is obviously a very unfit parent. If they want to abandon their children, and you can suspect many will once the child can't be used to bring in food stamps and free housing, then you do what you do for any kids whose parents abandon them. Orphanges, foster homes, adoptive homes.

Old 04-22-2013, 01:04 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,953,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
I assume you mean that a child born in the USA (and thus a citizen) is expelled from the country and the citizenship is stripped. Bizarre way of thinking, IMO!
My example explains itself.

Obtaining legality through illegal behavior is... well... you get the point?

So... I steal a car, I sell it to you. Do you get to keep the car? You paid for it legally, do you get to keep it? Or... because it was stolen property, the legality of the sale is negated? Imagine if we did not operate that way? Heck, I could steal something, sell it for 20 bucks to another, and bingo... I have a racket going which attempts to hide illegal action behind legal ones.

Lets see... couldn't I illegally come to the US, plop down my baby and BINGO, I now have a US citizen child to which I can use as leverage to get me into the US? Wouldn't want to break up a family now? That would be a heartless action! Game over, you have been punked.

That is why it needs to be as I said. This way, you can only obtain legality of citizenship if you are LEGALLY here. No more scams, games, or gimmicks of the system. Can't have that though... why... that would be "Bizarre" thinking! /boggle

Old 04-22-2013, 01:07 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,953,537 times
Quote:
I already posted my opinion. If they are minors they go with the parents.

That is what immigrants/tourists/diplomats legally do today if they have kids in the US and then go home.
We don't question what happens to the kids.

Yet we do with illegals ?

Why should they be considered legal though HappyTexan? Diplomats are legally in the country, but illegals are enemy infiltrators who broke the law to be here illegally. Should we really reward such actions by giving their child legal citizenship at all?

Old 04-22-2013, 01:09 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,785,325 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn
Those kids are U.S. citizens.

Is there some law saying that U.S. citizens who have done nothing wrong, can be kicked out of the country?

My point remains: It is for the parents to decide what happens to their (young) kids. It's not the U.S. government's business.
I assume you're addressing this question to the parents of the kids?

Old 04-22-2013, 01:11 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Well, in a few days or weeks we won't have to worry about it because Congress is going to give them all amnesty and let them stay as long as they like.

Old 04-22-2013, 01:13 PM

50,304 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Let's not forget about the "ripping apart" of families when illegals come here in the first place leaving family behind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies