Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2013, 08:53 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,137,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
Should I be required to tolerate pedophiles as normal? Should I be required to tolerate zoophiles as normal?

Who sets the boundaries? Oh wait... the LGBT, NAMBLA, Beastiality-R-Us... They get to set the boundaries, right?

I am 100% certain you will argue that pedophiles harm children. THEY, members of NAMBLA say they do NOT harm children, rather they LOVE children.

Who draws the boundaries? You? LGBT? NAMBLA? Beastiality-R-Us?
Well in this case the law.

I am referring to behavior between consenting adults. You are talking about rape which is a crime. I'm not real tolerant of crime, and don't expect you to be either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2013, 08:54 PM

848 posts, read 1,120,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
ooo...I hit a nerve I see...comparing pro family groups to nazis now are we...tsk tsk...
It was the reaction you were seeking when you started this thread.

Old 02-12-2013, 09:01 PM

848 posts, read 1,120,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Really?

Nazi's? KKK?

A little overreaction, don't you think?

"I don't want my young child having a gay scout leader" somehow equates to "I hate gays!"
I don't want my children exposed to Protestants so I keep them out of the Scouts. If you don't want your kids exposed to gays or blacks or Atheists, keep them out of Scout troops with gays, blacks or atheists.

Old 02-12-2013, 09:02 PM

279 posts, read 482,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I'm sorry the schools are teaching facts... if you want them to learn propagandist hateful lies, home school them.

(FYI, I don't know of any schools that actually teach the subject so bluntly - and I've worked in public schools, in San Francisco no less)

Thinking the Wright Way: Gay Penguins to teach homosexuality to CA elementary students

The Alameda (a suburb of San Francisco) Unified School District is pushing through a new curriculum that aims to teach Kindergardeners through 5th graders about the GLBT lifestyle in an effort to "discourage bullying on the playground". The proposed curriculum will use a book titled, "And Tango Makes Three", which is about two gay penguins who raise a child together. See article here
In addition, the Alameda school district is saying that parents will not be notified when this will be taught, and therefore will not have the right to exempt their child from this new curriculum. Alameda parents who feel that these issues are better taught at home are outraged and feel that the school district is bullying them into accepting this new curriculum. They feel that their 1st Amendment rights are being violated. I agree. I have always been against GLBT lifestyles being taught in schools. Parents are given the right to exempt their children from Sex Ed - how is this different? If they HAVE to teach it in schools, AT LEAST notify parents ahead of time so that they can choose whether to send their child to school that day. Anything different is taking away Parental Rights, which seems to be a trend these days.

Old 02-12-2013, 09:04 PM

Quote:
No it wasn't, LOL... but you obviously like to believe whatever suits your agenda, no matter how questionable the source. And then you accuse others of buying into propaganda? I swear, you can't make up stuff this absurd!!

(see the added propaganda article just posted above... and you aren't supposed to copy & paste entire articles, you are only supposed to paste the link & maybe a few sentences)
Umm, yes it is propaganda, but not mine, it from the deviant, lying, manipulating homosexual crowd that want to push that BS on society, it is from a book. You don't seem to have very good reading comprehension skills.

Old 02-12-2013, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Try again, and remember you're speaking with a reference librarian - so you'll have to do better than YouTube videos as "evidence," LOL.

Come back with a peer-reviewed academic article, or at least a known journal or scientific study. Then we can talk a bit more, if you're willing and able to discuss the issue with FACTS. You do realize any yahoo with an internet connection can make a YouTube video, right? Oh, I hope so, for the sake of our nation's future.
If you watch the videos, you will become enlightened, if you don't , you will continue to live in darkness. Don't be lazy, what do you have to lose?

Old 02-12-2013, 09:18 PM

Please people, try to refute the gay penguin story and the progressive all out assault that the homo's want to push on the rest of us.

Old 02-12-2013, 09:37 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,271,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginiaMountainMan View Post
Please people, try to refute the gay penguin story and the progressive all out assault that the homo's want to push on the rest of us.
]seeing as its from a right wing nut job blog site, what is there to refute other than that homosexuality is seen in nearly all species of mammals. From penguins, to dolphins; from apes to humans. Nothing is wrong with homosexuality, and in some species, the behavior is a form of welcoming someone to a group.

Old 02-12-2013, 09:47 PM

30,354 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Quote:
Umm, yes it is propaganda, but not mine, it from the deviant, lying, manipulating homosexual crowd that want to push that BS on society, it is from a book. You don't seem to have very good reading comprehension skills.
I'm a librarian, so I know what a book is thanks. I also have very good reading comprehension skills, enough to know the difference between propaganda and fact. You apparently do not possess such skills, so this comment really is better directed at you.

Last edited by gizmo980; 02-12-2013 at 09:56 PM..

Old 02-12-2013, 09:51 PM

30,354 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Quote:
If you watch the videos, you will become enlightened, if you don't , you will continue to live in darkness. Don't be lazy, what do you have to lose?
They were like 30 minutes each, and unlike some people here, I don't have that kind of time to waste on propaganda YouTube videos... if I wanted to watch some fictional YouTube crap, I'm sure I could find one that was more enlightening or at least entertaining. And it's funny how you accuse me of being lazy for not watching these stupid videos, when you obviously were too lazy to pay attention in school (during the science & research courses, at least). Not to mention, even when presented with scientific PROOF you refuse to read or acknowledge it. So basically, you have to show a little willingness to learn yourself, before you can honestly accuse others of such a thing. At least when I offer evidence, I try to present it from unbiased sources!

You're the only one living in darkness, considering you get your "information" from right-wing blogs and propaganda videos. I actually went to college and graduate school, have read research books and articles on the topic, etc. Did you go to college? Lemme guess, you didn't bother because they're "liberal propaganda machines," right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies