Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 03:58 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,935,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So, ABC and USA Today are garbage?

WHy don't you answer the question. Show me exactly where it was edited?

What ignorance, you talk about me, and in a bubble, after showing you more text/video of this?

Then, if you say this is all false, please tell me what they meant then? When obama stated "I guess shovel ready is not as shovel ready as we thought."

I'm waiting......again, and this time, provide something to back yourself up, instead of ignorant drivel...
OK. Your initial video is a measly few seconds of a longer piece, that's what editing is. And that scheme of chopping off bits of longer videos is used by many right-wingers with agendas on this forum. You are just a member of the bunch that uses the technique.
I don't care to give your other links a bit of my time, because you are a waste of it. Your bubble is the same one occupied by the other extremists in your group. You have some weird, irrational, self-serving motivation for your Obama-hate, and you should be talking about that instead imo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2013, 05:33 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Of course you can't understand- you are a liberal.

Hagel has said that-

1. he would support unilateral US disarmament

2. said "the surge" was the biggest foreign policy mistake since Vietnam

3. has stated that those engaging in "Jihad" are like American patriots in the Revolution

4. Has stated that Israel is a "terrorist state" in fighting Hezbollah

5. Has stated that military options will not be used against Iran

It is amazing what people do not, or will not, understand. Having Hagel as secretary of defense would be like having a toy poodle as a body guard.
He also said that gays have no business representing the country.

Old 02-18-2013, 07:51 PM

57,297 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Of course you can't understand- you are a liberal.

Hagel has said that-

1. he would support unilateral US disarmament

2. said "the surge" was the biggest foreign policy mistake since Vietnam

3. has stated that those engaging in "Jihad" are like American patriots in the Revolution

4. Has stated that Israel is a "terrorist state" in fighting Hezbollah

5. Has stated that military options will not be used against Iran

It is amazing what people do not, or will not, understand. Having Hagel as secretary of defense would be like having a toy poodle as a body guard.

Not true, do you have actual quotes, for instance unilateral US disarmament, Jihad are like American Patriots.........

Old 02-19-2013, 07:18 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
OK. Your initial video is a measly few seconds of a longer piece, that's what editing is. And that scheme of chopping off bits of longer videos is used by many right-wingers with agendas on this forum. You are just a member of the bunch that uses the technique.
So, you got nothing...figures.....and what technique? Did you have to see the entire video to understand what thye were laughing at? No, you did not.

Sorry, you don't have the mental capability to understand that 8 second video.

Quote:
I don't care to give your other links a bit of my time, because you are a waste of it. Your bubble is the same one occupied by the other extremists in your group.
Then, please inform us of what they were laughing at?
Nope, just another ignorant leftist talking point because I disagree with obama on certain things.

Because I disagree with obama does not mean I am raceist, nor an obama hater. And just to be clear, I'll break it down to kindergarten easy for you, since you have a problem understanding:

Because I disagree with some of obamas policies does not mean I hate him on a personal level. No matter how many times you and your leftist friends say it, and I know this is just a leftist talking point, it does not mean it is true. No matter how many times you say it. I know that is going to be hard for you to figure out, but sit back and think about it....relly....

Quote:
You have some weird, irrational, self-serving motivation for your Obama-hate, and you should be talking about that instead imo.
Again, because you do not have the abillity to think for yourself, I can and do.

Sorry to disapoint you.

Old 02-19-2013, 12:02 PM

Quote:
So, you got nothing...figures.....and what technique? Did you have to see the entire video to understand what thye were laughing at? No, you did not.

Sorry, you don't have the mental capability to understand that 8 second video.

Nope, just another ignorant leftist talking point because I disagree with obama on certain things.

Because I disagree with obama does not mean I am raceist, nor an obama hater. And just to be clear, I'll break it down to kindergarten easy for you, since you have a problem understanding:

Because I disagree with some of obamas policies does not mean I hate him on a personal level. No matter how many times you and your leftist friends say it, and I know this is just a leftist talking point, it does not mean it is true. No matter how many times you say it. I know that is going to be hard for you to figure out, but sit back and think about it....relly....

Again, because you do not have the abillity to think for yourself, I can and do.

Sorry to disapoint you.
You might check the title of this thread, and ask yourself what your Obama hissy fit has to do with it.

Old 02-19-2013, 01:31 PM

Quote:
You might check the title of this thread, and ask yourself what your Obama hissy fit has to do with it.

Well, then lets see who brought up obama....

OMG, it was detwahDJ..........................

Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ
Wow, blocking jobs bills and blocking Obama's agenda are the reason no jobs are being created? Do you realize what you're saying?
Obama's programs not put into effect are the reason for the bad economy?
The economy has been bad for only four years?
And of course you have zero data, and know nothing about any of the 500 filibustered bills.
Again, I would guess you don't even realize the contradictions in these statements.
Then you were called on it....sorry, no need to back-peddle anymore....you have failed....

Old 02-19-2013, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Well, then lets see who brought up obama....

OMG, it was detwahDJ..........................

Then you were called on it....sorry, no need to back-peddle anymore....you have failed....
I have no need to back pedal...
Let's see, we're talking about an Obama appointment - but it is I who brought up Obama?? Really...
The OP questioned why repubs were "digging in" against Hagel.
Here's why - it's about obstructionism - get it?
The obstruction of jobs bills and the obstruction of the Hagel nomination are part and parcel of the greater republican obstructionist plan - whether it's jobs, appointments, or anything else repubs want to block (which is everything). They hope to fool the 50% of Americans whom they believe are dunces.
Here is what the opposition to Hagel is all about.
http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2010/02/1...ilibuster.html
Excerpt: "Republicans have ratcheted use of the filibuster up to completely unheard of levels. Look at the things that the House (of Representatives) has passed that can't make it through the Senate. The list just keeps growing," said Norman Ornstein, an expert on Congress at the American Enterprise Institute, a center-right policy organization."

Even the right-wing American Enterprise Institute recognizes the republican tactic for what it is.

And your little 5-second vignette was just another right-wing cheap shot - nothing more.

Old 02-19-2013, 04:04 PM

Quote:
I have no need to back pedal...
Let's see, we're talking about an Obama appointment - but it is I who brought up Obama?? Really...
I'm sorry, is that not your post about obama?

Quote:
The OP questioned why repubs were "digging in" against Hagel.
Here's why - it's about obstructionism - get it?
Easy question, did your post talk about obama, yes or no?

Quote:
The obstruction of jobs bills and the obstruction of the Hagel nomination are part and parcel of the greater republican obstructionist plan - whether it's jobs, appointments, or anything else repubs want to block (which is everything). They hope to fool the 50% of Americans whom they believe are dunces.
But obama got the jobs bill, remember "shovel ready jobs?" I guess not...he (obama) fooled you and then laughed directly in your face...suck it up, it happened, no need to back peddle....

Quote:
Here is what the opposition to Hagel is all about.
http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2010/02/1...ilibuster.html
Excerpt: "Republicans have ratcheted use of the filibuster up to completely unheard of levels. Look at the things that the House (of Representatives) has passed that can't make it through the Senate. The list just keeps growing," said Norman Ornstein, an expert on Congress at the American Enterprise Institute, a center-right policy organization."
Did you read what you posted? Many things have passed the "House" but why can they not get passed the senate?

Quote:
Even the right-wing American Enterprise Institute recognizes the republican tactic for what it is.

And your little 5-second vignette was just another right-wing cheap shot - nothing more.
So, now a cheap shot is using your own words against you.....

Nope, your not back peddling....really you are not, and if you say it enough, you will believe yourself....

Go ahead, say it....I'm not back peddling....

I'm not back peddling....I'm not back peddling....I'm not back peddling....I'm not back peddling....I'm not back peddling....I'm not back peddling....I'm not back peddling....I'm not back peddling....I'm not back peddling....I'm not back peddling....I'm not back peddling....I'm not back peddling....I'm not back peddling....I'm not back peddling....I'm not back peddling....I'm not back peddling....I'm not back peddling....I'm not back peddling....I'm not back peddling....I'm not back peddling....I'm not back peddling....I'm not back peddling....I'm not back peddling....I'm not back peddling....I'm not back peddling....I'm not back peddling....I'm not back peddling....I'm not back peddling....I'm not back peddling....I'm not back peddling....I'm not back peddling....I'm not back peddling....I'm not back peddling....I'm not back peddling....I'm not back peddling....I'm not back peddling....I'm not back peddling....I'm not back peddling....I'm not back peddling....I'm not back peddling....I'm not back peddling....

Old 02-19-2013, 06:49 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,461,717 times
The problem with Hagel is his (uncontrolled) big mouth. He said many things that he probably feels sorry for.
Anyway, the main problem is why Obama selected him in first place. Hagel is not close to the administration and isn't a natural choice, then why him? The reason is that Obama probably expects him to lead with deep defense budget cuts, that other democrats may not be able to provide. So beyond the personal issues there is also a real reason.

Old 02-19-2013, 07:26 PM

57,297 posts, read 26,217,746 times
I am sure North Koreas threat to wipe out South Korea will be addressed in the hearings next week, particularly since they performed nuclear tests the last few months. Strange that I didn't see many questions in the prior hearing since they already have nuclear ability, have a leader that makes Ahmadinejad look normal and regulary perform nuclear tests inspite of the UN. We will of course be sending them an "iron dome" protections system.

North Korea threatens South with "final destruction"

GENEVA | Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:27am EST

GENEVA (Reuters) - North Korea threatened South Korea with "final destruction" during a debate at the United Nations Conference on Disarmament on Tuesday, saying it could take further steps after a nuclear test last week.

North Korea threatens South with final destruction | Reuters
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies