Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2014, 05:06 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
What is it that I don't understand?

I feel that history is no excuse.

Because of your total ignorance of history, you will never understand

If it were then the most downtrodden people in Europe in 2014 would be Jewish.
But yet they were allowed to maintain their culture, religion and language and for some reason you still can't see the difference that it makes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2014, 05:09 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times
Quote:
If we are racists then why don't we just say all of the things you imagine we wish we could say?

This is an anonymous forum not a discussion in person between people in the workplace who have to deal with each other everyday.

How come an alternative but logical viewpoint must be labeled "racist"?

Personally I look at either you are a racist or plain stupid if you ask a question and given a valid answer and your reply is either denial or it is an excuse. That being said, why bother to ask the question if you are not going to accept the answer anyway?

Old 02-17-2014, 06:51 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Because the the main people they are trying to hide the truth from......IS THEMSELVES!!!

Racism is and alternative viewpoint. Besides, moderators would not allow people to display overt racism on forums.....thus we get the passive aggressive display.
You'd be surprised.........

Old 02-18-2014, 12:02 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
This is Black History month and as usual I watch some show or information about Black History. Usually I find these shows positive. My husband and I were both concerned when so much negative talk came into the program about Durham this year. There was nothing objective about what was being said. The people talking were taking everyday occurrences that could have happened for any reason and were said to be things that were deliberately done to destroy the black community.

The black anger comes from an unforgiving spirit that is harming black people more than the people the anger is directed at. I really hate to see them doing this injustice to themselves. To heal themselves they need to learn to let go of the past and live today with today's circumstances.

In the Bible Joseph was mistreated and sold into slavery. He forgave those who did him wrong and ended up helping them in the long run. I think I remember his telling his brothers that what happened to him was the will of God. I think there is a good lesson in that story.

Some black Americans have ancestors who were slaves. These slaves were freed physically but some still have themselves enslaved by their own minds. Life has never been fair and each person has to choose for themselves who they think they are and act on it.
Wow. So deep. Joseph huh?

The unforgiving spirit. Nice.

Old 02-18-2014, 12:53 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,597,136 times
This thread should have been locked a long time ago. The OP, on another sub-forum, already posted about how they can't stand how "racist" blacks in the Caribbean are. Clearly he has an anti-black agenda, with claims they cannot even back up.

Old 02-18-2014, 03:56 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Wow. So deep. Joseph huh?

The unforgiving spirit. Nice.
I love that "will of God" line. Nice touch.

Old 02-18-2014, 07:26 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,546,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beliciano View Post
This thread should have been locked a long time ago. The OP, on another sub-forum, already posted about how they can't stand how "racist" blacks in the Caribbean are. Clearly he has an anti-black agenda, with claims they cannot even back up.
So much for "free speech".

If you disagree with someone then call for the discussion to be "locked down".

Nice.

Old 02-18-2014, 08:55 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I love that "will of God" line. Nice touch.
Yeah...I was really touched.

Old 02-18-2014, 09:05 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,597,136 times
Quote:
So much for "free speech".

If you disagree with someone then call for the discussion to be "locked down".

Nice.
That is not what I am saying at all. It is obvious the OP has nothing to back up either of his claims, this was posted in the Americas sub-forum.
Originally Posted by tropical87
"What I know of the Caribbean:

Tourist view point: beautiful beaches, warm weather, lots of partying, boating, exotic fruit, friendly locals

Local view point: Monotonous places, lots of corruption, everything is expensive (food, lots of costs associated with imports), everyone wants to migrate out, lots of racism toward white tourist and kids of caribbean immigrants born o/s, homophobic, broken families (relatives often living overseas)."

Yet by the same token Caribbeans are offended by black American anti-white racism?

Old 02-18-2014, 09:21 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Quote:
Translation: It's a black thing you wouldn't understand™

Welp...I guess you can't understand then why white people sometimes behave in a manner where personal safety supersedes presenting an image of political correctness. SMH
How ignorant and narrowminded. The above is full of racial ignorance that is so intertwined in your so-called culture that you cannot see it. Africans and African descendants are diverse peoples with a myriad of experiences. There are many similarities and differences among us.

Once again, no one is "black." What is "black?" What is a "black thing?" Keep the backward racial culture/ideology to yourself. That translation comes from a culture of pure ignorance. And to answer your prior questions...

Quote:
O.K. then what are your ideas then?

So far all I hear from you is that visiting Africa is pointless.

So let's hear some solutions...
LOL. Nowhere did I state that visiting African is pointless. Something is wrong with your reading and comprehension. The point is that identifying cultural origins and rebuilding knowledge of such is going to take far more than a visit to Africa. One solutions to throw of the racial/color ideologies invented by "whites" and focus on heritage and culture.

As far the U.S., American history books largely ignore African history & cultures. That does nothing for the self-esteem of an African descended child. Virtually nothing is taught prior to European exploits, yet they know how to acknowledge the vastness of European history. For the African diaspora, the history taught in those books should be view and necessary to learn to get ahead. There must be emphasis on African history outside of the typical, close-minded American sphere. Of course, as such ignorance has been perpetuated regarding the continent, there is much undoing that must occur. But that is a major step to bettering Americans, Latinos and Caribbeans who are of African descent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies