Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 09:24 AM

49 posts, read 79,630 times

Advertisements

Ok, so we've had our "Dialogue about Racism" now. America can now exhale.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2014, 09:34 AM

49 posts, read 79,630 times
Its a new era, an new year..

Old 03-03-2014, 09:22 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Yeah....in America....people can even choose when and how to die. Got to love this country . All those people who choose to die......I just don't understand it.....don't they know that America gives them that privilege?

Your arguement is invalid

Old 03-03-2014, 09:28 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,392,751 times
Just for the record, black poverty is 3 times the rate of white poverty. Black unemployment is twice the rate of white unemployment. Black wealth is at least 10 times less than whites

you think this might be, because they don't finish basic school, they don't study, they don't apply themselves, they don't have a parent in the family, life is not all drugs and basketball you got too accept responsibility for your own life. keep your nose clean, pull your baggy pants up and read a book

Old 03-04-2014, 03:08 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
Just for the record, black poverty is 3 times the rate of white poverty. Black unemployment is twice the rate of white unemployment. Black wealth is at least 10 times less than whites

you think this might be, because they don't finish basic school, they don't study, they don't apply themselves, they don't have a parent in the family, life is not all drugs and basketball you got too accept responsibility for your own life. keep your nose clean, pull your baggy pants up and read a book

So in otherwords discount inferior schools, poverty, bad neighborhoods and racism and act like it does not exist........you betcha

Old 03-04-2014, 04:14 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,752,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post

Could have something to do with intelligence of some.

Old 03-04-2014, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
So in otherwords discount inferior schools, poverty, bad neighborhoods and racism and act like it does not exist........you betcha
As far as equal schooling goes, that may have been true some 50 years go, but in most cases it is a level playing field for all. Some have excelled, but many cases, many chose to stay behind only because the law mandates they stay there until they are 16 years old. When the school district my kids attended absorbed another school district that was predominately under class blacks, metal detectors went up and there were fights on a daily basis, when there were very few before. Maybe this particular class of blacks just aren't smart/bright enough to learn the curriculum as it is presently taught. Please advise me of what should be done, since the current system does not seem to be working for them???

Old 03-04-2014, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Quote:
Well....I certainly apologize
if I have offended you, but I am not going to start changing the way I write. Nothing that I have stated is predicated or in need of 100%, 90%, 80%, 70%....ect, guilt from whites to be true. Hell.....America is guilty of many things, but does that mean that each American is guilty of whatever it is. A foreign person might hate America for its its foreign policy impact on their nation and peoples....but I never take it personal because I may object to the same policies that they do. You, as a white person, I would think should respond the same way. Regardless of whether or not I am in support of said policy, the FACT is that said policy, from America, is seen as doing damage to them. For me to try to argue that my innocence, as an American, changes their reality is asinine. They may ask me, then, what am I doing as an American to rectify the policy, to which I would respond that majority rules.

In the end, however, most people are not really offended PERSONALLY by what I write. They really are offended by me bringing up those truths......which they often try to discredit by making the argument about THEM and thus trying to discredit the argument about whites, in general, by trying to prove that what I say is not true of them......and thus my argument is destroyed. Believe me, if I qualified "whites" with "some"......most whites.....in the end, would still hate what I write. I doubt that your REAL problem with what I have written is that you think I am accusing YOU PERSONALLY. I seriously doubt that is what you are offended by. I think you just do not want me bringing up, period, the role that whites have played in so many problems.
No you don't apologize for anything, I believe it is you intent to blame evil whitey for all of the black mans ills, and you do it in every post in all of these types of threads. I don't know how many times I have ask you for a reasonable/intelligent solution, but you have never answered, ever.

Old 03-04-2014, 06:02 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
No you don't apologize for anything, I believe it is you intent to blame evil whitey for all of the black mans ills, and you do it in every post in all of these types of threads. I don't know how many times I have ask you for a reasonable/intelligent solution, but you have never answered, ever.
I think that it is the intent of you, and others, to discredit me by suggesting that I implicitly, if not explicitly, have made ubiquitous and sweeping indictments, without exception. The truth is, however, that you cannot find ANY (I will be ubiquitous on this point) post in which I accused ALL whites of anything or ALL black problems to be the result of whites. In fact, in regards to the former and latter, I have, at various times when accused, explicitly stated that I did not believe such.

For the record, again, I do not blame ALL black problems on the history of racial discrimination from whites. Rather, I blame the socioeconomic gaps, between blacks and whites, on racism. In other words, every group have problems rooted in their own making due to that being a HUMAN frailty. We all make mistakes as humans and hence have problems that we create for ourselves from those mistakes. Thus, to suggest that all the mistakes and problems of black people are rooted in something whites have done is absurd. In fact, you know its absurd which is why people like you narrate that such is my position so that you can have a tenable defense, argument or reason to be against what I write. However, that is NOT my position and you dam well know it. My position is that the system that whites set up in America, for centuries, that promoted white supremacy, created the incubated (and now preserves) the conditions of socioeconomic racial inequality that is conserved today, and that impact manifested notwithstanding a large percentage of whites not participating in said oppression. The non participation of many whites, historically and currently, does not change the color of the participants.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 03-04-2014 at 06:36 AM..

Old 03-04-2014, 07:06 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,392,751 times

Could have something to do with intelligence of some.

inferior schools, most school boards are run by black educators, people with phd in education. school boards see no color but i do have no admit there might see some influence in the atlechtic support donor. but in schools themselves there is as much or more money being pump into inner cities schools.

intelligents, there is no different in intelligence from black and other races, it all in the habits of study. it not the no family,no study, no jobs, no income. its all about the morals of the black community, they could honesty change their outlook in at least ten years if they just applied themselves

one question, " will do only black community have burglar bars on their windows?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies