Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2013, 10:36 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,271,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorthy View Post
They should have cautiously pulled over the suspects that turned out not to be Dorner rather then shooting at innocent people.
A man who would shoot any cop he saw. The man targeted cops. He walked up to two cops in Riverside (they were NOT part of the LAPD) who were just sitting in their car at a stop light and murdered one of them, injuring the other.

Really? Pulling over suspects, when a man who has shown that he would KILL cops is what you would suggest?

Quote:
Dorner killing innocent people does not give police license to do the same thing.
News: No one died from the accidental shootings. Dorner has killed 4 people, injuring two others. There is nothing similar with Dorner and the police.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2013, 10:39 AM

4,267 posts, read 6,183,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
A man who would shoot any cop he saw. The man targeted cops. He walked up to two cops in Riverside (they were NOT part of the LAPD) who were just sitting in their car at a stop light and murdered one of them, injuring the other.

Really? Pulling over suspects, when a man who has shown that he would KILL cops is what you would suggest?
Yes!

Quote:
News: No one died from the accidental shootings. Dorner has killed 4 people, injuring two others. There is nothing similar with Dorner and the police.
They could have died since they were shot at by the police. That was surely the intention of the police who were shooting at them. Yes? What if the police were shooting at you? would you say, "oh it's ok, I didn't die, they are only doing their job."

Old 02-14-2013, 10:41 AM

68 posts, read 51,128 times
Quote:
Yes!

They could have died since they were shot at by the police. That was surely the intention of the police who were shooting at them. Yes? What if the police were shooting at you? would you say, "oh it's ok, I didn't die, they are only doing their job."
I would point out that the police didn't kill them. Dorner, on the other hand, was quite happy to kill. So yes, there is a pretty significant difference in intent.

Old 02-14-2013, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Yes!
Really? You would have cops, do road blocks, stopping cars that looked like Dorner's to search, all the while not knowing that he would shoot them if he had the chance.

You seriously have no clue what you are talking about.

Quote:
They could have died since they were shot at by the police.
Fact: they didn't.

Quote:
That was surely the intention of the police who were shooting at them. Yes?
You don't know what the intention was. They could have been trying to stop the vehicle, but it kept on driving. You don't know.

Quote:
What if the police were shooting at you? would you say, "oh it's ok, I didn't die, they are only doing their job."
I wouldn't be doing something that the police would find suspicious to have a reason to shoot at me.

Old 02-14-2013, 10:43 AM

4,267 posts, read 6,183,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepsis View Post
I would point out that the police didn't kill them. Dorner, on the other hand, was quite happy to kill. So yes, there is a pretty significant difference in intent.

You really think it's ok for police to shoot at innocent people while they pursue a suspect as long as no one dies. What if they had died? They easily could have.

Old 02-14-2013, 10:45 AM

1,489 posts, read 3,088,853 times
LAPD never wanted to let this guy speak out after this began, so I'm not surprised at the outcome.

"A $1 million reward had been offered for Dorner's capture and conviction. LAPD Officer Alex Martinez said the mayor's office will determine if the money is paid out.

"I don't think there's going to be a reward," he said. "Remember, it's capture and conviction. There was no capture and no conviction. It's kind of a no-brainer." "

Why am I not surprised they would find a loophole to not pay. Through all of this, I think Dorner made a good point on the corruption and incompetency of the LAPD.

Old 02-14-2013, 10:46 AM

Quote:
You really think it's ok for police to shoot at innocent people while they pursue a suspect as long as no one dies. What if they had died? They easily could have.
When did I say it was okay?

Old 02-14-2013, 10:46 AM

1,489 posts, read 3,088,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Really? You would have cops, do road blocks, stopping cars that looked like Dorner's to search, all the while not knowing that he would shoot them if he had the chance.
The cops didnt even now what Dorner's car looked like. Any pickup was fair game.

Old 02-14-2013, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
LAPD never wanted to let this guy speak out after this began, so I'm not surprised at the outcome.

"A $1 million reward had been offered for Dorner's capture and conviction. LAPD Officer Alex Martinez said the mayor's office will determine if the money is paid out.

"I don't think there's going to be a reward," he said. "Remember, it's capture and conviction. There was no capture and no conviction. It's kind of a no-brainer." "

Why am I not surprised they would find a loophole to not pay. Through all of this, I think Dorner made a good point on the corruption and incompetency of the LAPD.
Totally true - I would trust every allegation made by a man who wantonly murders innocent people because he got fired.

Old 02-14-2013, 10:47 AM

Quote:
You really think it's ok for police to shoot at innocent people while they pursue a suspect as long as no one dies.
did they know that the people in the car was innocent? All they had was a description of a vehicle. And in this instance, the two ladies were seen throwing objects from their truck window. The police had no idea it was newspapers or if it was a bomb.

Quote:
What if they had died? They easily could have.
The court cases and City insurance would have covered the loss to the family, the officers involved would be investigated (and probably suspended or let go).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies