Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 08:37 PM

374 posts, read 509,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perception View Post
Another romanticized, bubble gum view of slavery by a white man. I'm willing to bet that it was Afrikans who died more than the Irish, talking about most slaves got to live another day
I'm an ex freedom fighter,and also happen to know history before it was changed to suit agendas.

Fact is slavery is evil no matter who does it. But blacks were enslaved by their own people long before europe or America came o nthe scene. Arab Muslims invaded Northern Africa in ,enslaved its people ,set up black masters to rule them. This became very lucrative for soem blacks. Soon blacks were selling other blacks to other nations.

Ironic so many blacks now join islam,one of the most racist people are arabs. You won't see arabs married to blacks.

These lies are divided us and only dictators will win ,we all will lose.

Old 03-01-2013, 08:56 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,847,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
The poster you tried to rep has been banned. He's no longer a member.

And what exactly do you mean by "committed suicide"?"
He's just sad that it's no longer the 1950's...

Old 03-01-2013, 09:20 PM

267 posts, read 202,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokesalad4u2 View Post
I'm an ex freedom fighter,and also happen to know history before it was changed to suit agendas.

Fact is slavery is evil no matter who does it. But blacks were enslaved by their own people long before europe or America came o nthe scene. Arab Muslims invaded Northern Africa in ,enslaved its people ,set up black masters to rule them. This became very lucrative for soem blacks. Soon blacks were selling other blacks to other nations.

Ironic so many blacks now join islam,one of the most racist people are arabs. You won't see arabs married to blacks.

These lies are divided us and only dictators will win ,we all will lose.
I know all about the Arab slave trade and how they conquered us through the use of Islam, so spare the commentary, matter of fact enlighten those who don't know. Tell them how these white Arabs used their own children to enslave and conquest.

In regards to the white man's slave trade, its the only one where one people benefitted solely on the enslavement of another. Its also the most barbaric and savage, its the direct cause of almost every ill that Afrikan people have/go thru.

Old 03-02-2013, 02:02 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
Being white = average IQ of 100

Being black = average IQ 85

Yes, white privilege is real. Thanks nature!
IQ tests are highly correlated with education, parent involvement in education and a bit with income.

There is also a strong correlation between environment and IQ.

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.

Old 03-02-2013, 02:05 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Not sure people realize this but in Africa there are 100s or 1000s of distinct ethnic groups. The people selling slaves were no more selleling their own people than if Brits and Swedes were in the same scenario. People were selling and enslaving people that did not belong to their own group.

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.

Old 03-02-2013, 11:15 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,733,220 times
Quote:
I tried to give you a rep,but it said " you cannot give reps to this poster". Whats with that,maybe it really is unfair to be white.

Face it,we lost so enjoy whatevers left of a nation that commited suicide years ago.
How so? This is a melting pot. Are you taking issue with this country being a melting pot? It's been that way since its inception. From the moment the settlers and conquerors (all from different nations) stole the land of the First Nation people, then kidnapped black people as slaves and shipped them here, this was a multi-cultural melting pot. A violent one, but a multi-cultural melting pot nonetheless.

Old 03-03-2013, 04:36 PM

2,553 posts, read 2,436,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Actually the slogan is true, it is hard to see racism when you are white because you don't see people in power being racist to you on a daily basis.....but then again this is a Rebel article and we all know how much he doesn't like anyone that is non-white.
Sorry for the typos near the bottom but, I using my phone and I can't get any where the end of my post to fix them...it won't let me.

There's two sides to that....when your white and you don't like the way you were treated by someone in authority, you can't assume it's because they're racist.....you have to think other reasons for why they may have treated you that way. That being the case along with the fact that white privilege exists (in varying degrees depending upon the situation), it brings up two scenarios. The first, when it actually is about racism...(it happens...reverse racism...for lack of a better description)...because your white, you don't see racism and you rarely if ever consider that as a reason for being treated the way you were (you dismiss it, rather than assume it).

The second scenario, if you're non-white and the way you were treated is actually not about racism, can you see that it's not or do assume that it is...how often is racism used as your default reason (depending upon the person and their experiences, I'm sure that will vary a great amount).

I'll give you an example...I'm just as broke these days and struggling to get by. Along with a bunch of other people, I worked for a ham store Thanksgiving week back in production glazing hams (it's like an assembly line). Up front in the store where the customers come in to pick up the hams, they have a bunch of young girls (of different races) in uniforms waiting on the customers. When we would break for lunch, they would bring a bunch of sandwiches back for us to eat and they keep canned soda and water for us in one of the walk-in refrigerators. Someone who had never worked there before (and happened to be white), walk up to the front of the store and got his soda from the soda fountain (where customers refill their sodas). We're not suppose to do that, no one told him and no one up front (a manager) noticed that he had done that. One of ladies I was working next to all week (who was Hispanic), commented when she saw the new guy drinking his soda out of a cup, that she couldn't get away with because she wasn't white and they don't let her walk up where the customers are.

She made it about race, it had nothing to do with race but, she didn't see it that. The fact is they don't want anyone from the kitchen going up there because we have ugly looking aprons on, covered with juice from the hams, hair nets on our heads....we look like crap because we're working ours butts off in the kitchen. We're not a pretty little high school girl in a uniform. The new guy just didn't know any better and got away with it. I realized the reason they didn't want us going up there and no one had to explain it to me. My co-worker jumped to the conclusion it was because she was.Mexican. I explained to her that none of us where allowed up and not just her...that is wasn't because she was Hispanic. But, she didn't have a uniform on like all the staff waiting on the customers. She still shook her head and said, "yeah, right".

Last edited by Danno3314; 03-03-2013 at 04:55 PM..

Old 03-07-2013, 04:32 PM

374 posts, read 509,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perception View Post
I know all about the Arab slave trade and how they conquered us through the use of Islam, so spare the commentary, matter of fact enlighten those who don't know. Tell them how these white Arabs used their own children to enslave and conquest.

In regards to the white man's slave trade, its the only one where one people benefitted solely on the enslavement of another. Its also the most barbaric and savage, its the direct cause of almost every ill that Afrikan people have/go thru.

No you don't know or you would not say things like this. You only know what your masters tell you.

first off just in case you are blinded by false info, answer this.....why are yall still enslaving, torturing,raping and killing each other in Africa still today? Why do the Tutsis an Tutus hack each other to pieces with machetes? Why do some of you castrate little girls by cutting off their clitoris? Why do some old men with AIDS rape babies thinking it transfer the VD to them? Why are dictators in Adrica mutilating and killing millions for profit? Last but not least ' why do so many blacks in Africa own slaves today'?

Your not victims anymore than the rest of humanity, your just as quick to hurt others as anyone else. INCLUDING your own.

Although whites abolished slavery no blacks have abolished the cruel treatment of their people yet.

Old 03-07-2013, 06:35 PM

267 posts, read 202,692 times
Quote:
No you don't know or you would not say things like this. You only know what your masters tell you.

first off just in case you are blinded by false info, answer this.....why are yall still enslaving, torturing,raping and killing each other in Africa still today? Why do the Tutsis an Tutus hack each other to pieces with machetes? Why do some of you castrate little girls by cutting off their clitoris? Why do some old men with AIDS rape babies thinking it transfer the VD to them? Why are dictators in Adrica mutilating and killing millions for profit? Last but not least ' why do so many blacks in Africa own slaves today'?

Your not victims anymore than the rest of humanity, your just as quick to hurt others as anyone else. INCLUDING your own.

Although whites abolished slavery no blacks have abolished the cruel treatment of their people yet.
First off the castration of a woman 's clitoris is a cultural norm in certain societies just as circumcision is a cultural norm in the west. You asked another question when it comes to men with AIDS raping babies. These men were told they would be cured of this disease (which missionaries from the west injected them with) if they had sex with a virgins.

The Rwandan genocide can easily be researched by I'll inform since it seems you're incapable of doing so.

Quote:
Both European nations ruled through the kings and perpetuated pro-Tutsi policy. The Hutu population revolted in 1959, massacring a large number of Tutsi and ultimately establishing an independent Hutu-dominated state in 1962. The Tutsi-led Rwandan Patriotic Front launched a civil war in 1990, which was followed by the 1994 genocide, in which Hutu extremists killed an estimated 500,000 to 1 million Tutsi and moderate Hutu. The RPF ended the genocide with a military victory.
So as you can see this rivalry was imposed by the European colonists, so why don't you look at the history of the Dutch and Germans during WWI.

Its funny you said I don't have the answers when you're asking me the questions. I see you blinded by false answers yourself, you think slavery was abolished? You should take a look at your so called 13th amendment, get the actual text instead of some interpretation from your high school teacher, ok. It only institutionalized slavery and your so called emancipation proclamation did nothing but transfer to ownership of slaves from private hands to that of the government, sort of like when a child is emancipated from their parents, follow me?

Its funny you highlight the atrocities my people commit after they've internalized the savage and atrocious behavior of their own oppressors, well tell the people viewing this discussion about Patrice Lumumba, Kwame Nkrumah, Eduardo Mondlane, Amílcar Cabral, Steve Biko, Samora Machel, and most recently John Garang, to only name a few. See there have been leaders who have tried to raise Africa from the ashes. Its amazing how anybody that dont play by their rules gets killed and they'll send our own people to do the job.

Look child before you try to insult my intelligence and disrespect me on internet message board you better at least have some info pertaining to the discussion, and be correct especially if you address me in your condescending tone.

I haven't even touch on the ills we've in the hells of north America.

Old 03-07-2013, 06:40 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
Students taught: It’s unfair to be white

I LOVE BEING WHITE! My kids LOVE being white,I celebrate my race and heritage and culture whenever I get a chance. I get up in the morning thanking nature for giving me white skin! NOTHING you will do will ever make me upset I am white the same goes for my wife and children.Go ahead make fun,call me racist,bigot,inbred I don't care! I really don't.

I don't have a probelm with you being proud of who you are, actually I expect you to be. The only probelm that I would have if you keep other people from doing the same thing. As long as you don't have your foot on someone else's neck, Hey you can be as proud as you want to be
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies