Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 01:34 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,438,593 times

Advertisements

Sarah Palin has fact checked Obama's 'State Of The Union Address' Tuesday night and the verdict is in. It was full of fraudulent claims and she has now exposed that fraud via the internet which has the liberals heads spinning and in panic mode. This is something the White House does not want but if you read what she says, you have to agree what she states is the honest truth. Obama lied in his speech. Ladies and gentlemen, Sarah Palin gives us the real state of our union.

#SOTUGottaBKiddingMe | Facebook

He talked about “helping” to build “a thriving middle class,” but didn’t address how the middle class is actually faring under his economic stewardship. This is important – his deception must be addressed: under his leadership, middle class families have seen the average price per gallon of gas increase 96%, the average cost of family health care premiums rise 24%, the annual cost per household from federal regulations rise to over $15,000, and real median household income decline $4,520. If this is what happens when he “helps” the middle class, then please, Mr. President, we implore you to stop “helping” us.

He talked about a “balanced approach to deficit reduction” without mentioning that $5.9 trillion has already been added to the debt since he took office. We’re $16.5 trillion in debt and he keeps digging the hole deeper! He didn’t mention his record trillion dollar deficits or the fact that his last proposed budget would add $9.2 trillion to the debt through 2022. His Democrat-controlled Senate hasn’t passed a budget in four years. That’s obviously not “responsible” or “balanced.” He said, “We can’t cut our way to prosperity.” Well, we definitely can’t get there by borrowing and spending money we don’t have on his “investments” that don’t work. If indiscriminately borrowing and spending money led to prosperity, then bankruptcy would be a sign of economic strength. But it isn’t.

A State of the Union address should give us a true picture of the direction in which we are headed. But we didn’t get the truth last night. And it WAS Orwellian.

What is the true state of our union? Though this may sound harsh, I’ll speak the truth here. We are a country going bankrupt to fund a bloated, distant, and often corrupt federal government led by venal politicians more concerned with paying off their campaign cronies and consolidating their own power than in preserving the constitutional republic that so many have fought and died for (including our brave men and women in uniform who were barely mentioned last night).
We are a country with an economy being stifled under the weight of a bankrupt and voracious federal machine demanding more taxes and burdensome regulations. Job creators are the ones stuck with the bill when Obama calls for “new revenue.”

excerpt~

Our country didn’t weather a Revolution, two World Wars, a Civil War, a Great Depression, and countless other political and economic storms, just to be sunk by the dangerous policies of this current administration. We’re stronger than this. As President Reagan said, “I do not believe in a fate that will fall on us no matter what we do. I do believe in a fate that will fall on us if we do nothing.”

More in link above
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2013, 01:36 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,951,723 times
Why would anyone read anything the gold-digger Sarah Palin, who has no credibility or intelligence, write?

Old 02-14-2013, 01:37 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,211,294 times
Pain, is this where the GOP and conservative movement gets their analysis from?

You guys are doomed in 2016

Old 02-14-2013, 01:38 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
OH MY GOD!!!!

Oh, wait, it's Sarah Palin...never mind.

Old 02-14-2013, 01:42 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,785,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Why would anyone read anything the gold-digger Sarah Palin, who has no credibility or intelligence, write?
TRANSLATION: I can't refute anything Palin said. But I hate it anyway, so I'll call her names, recite personal insults about her, and hope somebody believes she's wrong even though I can't cite any instances of it.

Old 02-14-2013, 01:43 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,438,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Pain, is this where the GOP and conservative movement gets their analysis from?

You guys are doomed in 2016
Specifically what part of her analysis is wrong? Please elaborate in detail Don.

Old 02-14-2013, 01:46 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,464,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
Sarah Palin has fact checked Obama's 'State Of The Union Address' Tuesday night and the verdict is in. It was full of fraudulent claims and she has now exposed that fraud via the internet which has the liberals heads spinning and in panic mode. This is something the White House does not want but if you read what she says, you have to agree what she states is the honest truth. Obama lied in his speech. Ladies and gentlemen, Sarah Palin gives us the real state of our union.

#SOTUGottaBKiddingMe | Facebook

He talked about “helping” to build “a thriving middle class,” but didn’t address how the middle class is actually faring under his economic stewardship. This is important – his deception must be addressed: under his leadership, middle class families have seen the average price per gallon of gas increase 96%, the average cost of family health care premiums rise 24%, the annual cost per household from federal regulations rise to over $15,000, and real median household income decline $4,520. If this is what happens when he “helps” the middle class, then please, Mr. President, we implore you to stop “helping” us.

He talked about a “balanced approach to deficit reduction” without mentioning that $5.9 trillion has already been added to the debt since he took office. We’re $16.5 trillion in debt and he keeps digging the hole deeper! He didn’t mention his record trillion dollar deficits or the fact that his last proposed budget would add $9.2 trillion to the debt through 2022. His Democrat-controlled Senate hasn’t passed a budget in four years. That’s obviously not “responsible” or “balanced.” He said, “We can’t cut our way to prosperity.” Well, we definitely can’t get there by borrowing and spending money we don’t have on his “investments” that don’t work. If indiscriminately borrowing and spending money led to prosperity, then bankruptcy would be a sign of economic strength. But it isn’t.

A State of the Union address should give us a true picture of the direction in which we are headed. But we didn’t get the truth last night. And it WAS Orwellian.

What is the true state of our union? Though this may sound harsh, I’ll speak the truth here. We are a country going bankrupt to fund a bloated, distant, and often corrupt federal government led by venal politicians more concerned with paying off their campaign cronies and consolidating their own power than in preserving the constitutional republic that so many have fought and died for (including our brave men and women in uniform who were barely mentioned last night).
We are a country with an economy being stifled under the weight of a bankrupt and voracious federal machine demanding more taxes and burdensome regulations. Job creators are the ones stuck with the bill when Obama calls for “new revenue.”

excerpt~

Our country didn’t weather a Revolution, two World Wars, a Civil War, a Great Depression, and countless other political and economic storms, just to be sunk by the dangerous policies of this current administration. We’re stronger than this. As President Reagan said, “I do not believe in a fate that will fall on us no matter what we do. I do believe in a fate that will fall on us if we do nothing.”

More in link above
It doesn't matter what she says. She's Palin, and automatically an idiot. She's not putting anybody's head into a panic. They've already neutralized her as a threat with their negative campaigning about her. Nothing she says is listened to anymore except by people who already support her. The liberals have well and truly poisoned the well on her so that nothing she says is going to be given any credence by the public.

2,003 posts, read 1,545,892 times
Someone should tell her ghostwriter that you shouldn't start with a clear example of lying through statistics. We've been over the supposed 96% rise in gas prices plenty of times before around here and elsewhere, so I won't bother here.

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times

Old 02-14-2013, 01:49 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,951,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
TRANSLATION: I can't refute anything Palin said. But I hate it anyway, so I'll call her names, recite personal insults about her, and hope somebody believes she's wrong even though I can't cite any instances of it.
Those words weren't written by Palin, the words are too long and the grammar isn't too bad. The substance itself has been widely refuted. (e.g. gas prices haven't risen 96% and even if they did, Presidents don't set gas prices.)

There is no point once again refuting right-wing talking points that are just getting rehashed in a Facebook post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies