Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 07:45 PM

161 posts, read 264,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Oh for heaven's sake!

Victim mentality? Elitist thinking? Delusions of superiority?

The only delusion in this room is the one that hypothsizes that the refusal to own a gun is a declaration you will not protect your family, supported with absolute childish hyperbole like "letting your family get raped and pillaged". Who the h***, with more than one functioning brain cell, talks like that?
I sense a person with a narrow view that is outnumbered in this thread.. because natural human behavior is to fight and protect what is yours and yourself.. hmmm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2013, 07:45 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,030,764 times
Quote:
Oh for heaven's sake!

Victim mentality? Elitist thinking? Delusions of superiority?

The only delusion in this room is the one that hypothsizes that the refusal to own a gun is a declaration you will not protect your family, supported with absolute childish hyperbole like "letting your family get raped and pillaged". Who the h***, with more than one functioning brain cell, talks like that?
Well it seems like you do,got your whissle handy and 911 on speed dial just in case?

Old 02-19-2013, 07:46 PM

161 posts, read 264,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty011 View Post
it looks like one gun grabber thinks he/she is going to make things happen in taking guns by posting foolishness on this thread.
+1

Old 02-19-2013, 07:53 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
It looks like one gun grabber thinks he/she is going to make things happen in taking guns by posting foolishness on this thread.
Ah; there it is: the direct link to me wanting to grab your guns; WRONG!

Go back and read the nonsense posts I AM responding to. The ones that make the direct statement that those of us who do not wish to buy a gun are rolling over and playing dead while asking our families to get "raped and pillaged" with one idiot even stating that there must be a lack of "nads" inherant with those who do not desire guns.

No one wants your toys. No one is coming to get them. This person would not suggest that being a reasonable proposal as you'd all go batchit crazy and start the second civil war in a heartbeat.

Do I think you've got your priorities all skewed; yep. That's an opinion I'm expressing but nowhere would you be able to read that I've ever suggested you should all run down and dump your toys in the sheriff's parking lot.

Old 02-19-2013, 07:55 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
Ah; there it is: the direct link to me wanting to grab your guns; WRONG!

Go back and read the nonsense posts I AM responding to. The ones that make the direct statement that those of us who do not wish to buy a gun are rolling over and playing dead while asking our families to get "raped and pillaged" with one idiot even stating that there must be a lack of "nads" inherant with those who do not desire guns.

No one wants your toys. No one is coming to get them. This person would not suggest that being a reasonable proposal as you'd all go batchit crazy and start the second civil war in a heartbeat.

Do I think you've got your priorities all skewed; yep. That's an opinion I'm expressing but nowhere would you be able to read that I've ever suggested you should all run down and dump your toys in the sheriff's parking lot.
They often assume that of anyone who doesn't own a gun, since they apparently think everyone shares their "my way or the highway" mentality... know how many times I've had to correct these folks, and remind them that I support legal gun ownership? But just because I choose not to have one, I'm not only a "grabber" but apparently lacking nads. Oh wait, I actually don't have any nads (as I'm a woman).

And just because I don't keep a gun in my home, that also doesn't mean I would "roll over and play dead" if faced with an intruder. For one thing, I have a 50lb dog who would alert and protect me to the best of his abilities... I also live in a dense urban (but safe) area, with literally 4-5 neighbors sharing my walls, and multiple police stations within a few-miles radius. I don't care to keep a gun for the remote possibility of an intruder, but I would fight for my life regardless - as all humans would, since we have a natural instinct to survive. And FYI, I don't have children or a spouse, so only I would be the one in danger if something did happen.

Last edited by gizmo980; 02-19-2013 at 08:04 PM..

Old 02-19-2013, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
Well it seems like you do,got your whissle handy and 911 on speed dial just in case?
Must be huggers unite night.

Whistle maybe?

Old 02-19-2013, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Must be huggers unite night.

Whistle maybe?
LOL... I guess having a gun doesn't help with spelling abilities.

Old 02-19-2013, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
They often assume that of anyone who doesn't own a gun, since they apparently think everyone shares their "my way or the highway" mentality... know how many times I've had to correct these folks, and remind them that I support legal gun ownership? But just because I choose not to have one, I'm not only a "grabber" but apparently lacking nads. Oh wait, I actually don't have any nads (as I'm a woman).
Now there ya go; a sane approach. Probably won't get any traction with this bunch of nutters though.

Background checks and maturity checks of any kind would probably exempt the bulk of these loons on here as they would likely make that surmisal of "nads" missing vocally in front of someone in a position of authority in a vain attempt to ingratiate themselves, et-voilà. "Sergeant; we got another nutter here who thinks the ownership of a gun will compensate for an Oedipus complex and a wilting willie"

Old 02-19-2013, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Now there ya go; a sane approach. Probably won't get any traction with this bunch of nutters though.

Background checks and maturity checks of any kind would probably exempt the bulk of these loons on here as they would likely make that surmisal of "nads" missing vocally in front of someone in a position of authority in a vain attempt to ingratiate themselves, et-voilà. "Sergeant; we got another nutter here who thinks the ownership of a gun will compensate for an Oedipus complex and a wilting willie"
Yeah, this is why I generally stay out of the gun debates... partly because I don't care much (about the issue), and also because they get VERY militant about the whole thing. It's all kind of weird to me, probably because I grew up in an area where the "gun culture" is smaller and less obvious. People have guns here, sure, but they don't go around screaming and ranting about them! They/we pretty much have the mentality of "to each their own," outside of a handful of nutters on both ends.

Old 02-19-2013, 08:11 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
The chances of your kid shooting themselves with the gun are probably higher than your chances of being attacked & killing an intruder with that gun... but I believe in personal rights, and unlike the OP, I will not question a person's sanity or love for their family based on this choice. Two-way respect is a lost concept on some people, I suppose.
I truly hope people learn how to do a little research before shooting off their mouth.

The total violent crime rate at 2011 is 386 per 100,000 people - that's the change of you being attacked or murdered.
Crime in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The total injury and death of children (<18) in 2009 is about 2,500. Let's say, 3,000 just to be generous. There were 87 million children in 2009. The chance of your children getting hurt by a gun was 3.4 per 100,000 children.

http://www.childrensdefense.org/chil...-guns-2012.pdf

You are 100 times more likely to use your gun to defend yourself than your children getting hurt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies