Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 04:19 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,904 times

Advertisements

Last Nov 2 states legalized marijuana and at that time Obama seemed to be saying that the federal gvt would not challenge the state law :

Quote:
President Obama said, "We've got bigger fish to fry. It would not make sense for us to see a top priority as going after recreational users in states that have determined that it’s legal."
And he also said :

Quote:
Barack Obama stated that medical marijuana was an issue for state governments, not the federal government. "I'm not going to be using Justice Department resources to try to circumvent state laws on this issue," he said, promising to end raids on medical marijuana dispensaries seen under the Bush Administration. Many soon learned his real intentions when the DEA raided four times as many marijuana dispensaries as Bush, in half the time.
I really like Obama"s state rights rhetoric it lines up with my ideology, too bad it is all BS and his administration has chosen the federal gvt tyrant route :

Quote:
Gil Kerlikowske, President Obama’s Director of the Office of National Drug Control Policy, stated that despite recreational legalization in Washington and Colorado, they would still go after distributors and growers in both states.
Yep Obama is just too cool and really has respect for state rights, not.

Obama drug czar: We will go after marijuana distributors in Wash. and Colo. - Seattle Political Buzz | Examiner.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2013, 04:43 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,951,723 times
Is there a point here?

Old 02-20-2013, 05:28 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Is there a point here?

Pot head wants legalized marijuana and wants the feds to keep their hands off the stash.

A lot of money in Marijuana....just sayin.

Old 02-20-2013, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Is there a point here?
Yes, if you look you will see it.

Old 02-20-2013, 05:58 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
It's a valid point. I have to admit that I am surprised to see this. On the one hand it fits perfectly. Obama rarely actually does what he says he will do but I figured this would be the exception.

Old 02-20-2013, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Pot head wants legalized marijuana and wants the feds to keep their hands off the stash.

A lot of money in Marijuana....just sayin.
I guess you support the one size fits all tyrannical federal gvt and are against the voters and the states making their laws and choosing their own destiny. Just admit it you love tyranny and are against freedom even when it is coming from cool guy Obama.

Old 02-20-2013, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
I guess you support the one size fits all tyrannical federal gvt and are against the voters and the states making their laws and choosing their own destiny. Just admit it you love tyranny and are against freedom even when it bis coming from cool guy Obama.

Wow, so much wrong in one little paragraph.

You know state law cannot be contrary to federal law, right? Or did you miss that in civics class?

Old 02-20-2013, 06:07 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It's a valid point. I have to admit that I am surprised to see this. On the one hand it fits perfectly. Obama rarely actually does what he says he will do but I figured this would be the exception.
Yes, there is no connection at all to what Obama says, and what he will do. I haven't listened to a speech of his in about four years because of this. People just need to go by his actions. In this case, he's aggressively going after pot users in States where the voters have made using pot legal.

Old 02-20-2013, 06:09 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Wow, so much wrong in one little paragraph.

You know state law cannot be contrary to federal law, right? Or did you miss that in civics class?
lol, I guess you missed the part about prosecutorial discretion in civics class? Nobody, makes the claim State law trumps Federal law.

Old 02-20-2013, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
lol, I guess you missed the part about prosecutorial discretion in civics class? Nobody, makes the claim State law trumps Federal law.

Annnnd, you missed the difference between state and federal courts.

If you want to legalize marijuana, change the...wait for it...FEDERAL laws.

lol back atcha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies