Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 09:31 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Yes, you are paranoid.

And liberals have said exactly that, the problem is, you interpreted that as any individual saying they want to take your guns away means that liberals were wrong, when in reality liberals made that statement talking about state and federal government (which you just agreed with in the last line).

Senator john Vitter(R-LA)

""

this wasnt the state or federal government, this was local officials(seems to be the police chief) who over stepped their bounds.
So let me get this straight, I (at the time) was a resident of New Orleans and the government (state, local or federal doesn't really matter to me) illegally confiscated legally owned firearms from thousands of New Orleans residents. Some people were brutally injured in the process, many never got their guns back and had to take it to court.

Now you have the nerve to tell me that I'm paranoid because I believe some in government desire gun confiscation in this country, even when many liberals have proposed different levels of gun bans around the country in the last couple months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2013, 09:36 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
So let me get this straight, I (at the time) was a resident of New Orleans and the government (state, local or federal doesn't really matter to me) illegally confiscated legally owned firearms from thousands of New Orleans residents. Some people were brutally injured in the process, many never got their guns back and had to take it to court.

Now you have the nerve to tell me that I'm paranoid because I believe some in government desire gun confiscation in this country, even when many liberals have proposed different levels of gun bans around the country in the last couple months.
in the comment i responded to, you clarified " State and Federal". So i responded to that. now your argument is that it doesnt matter. You cant keep changing your argument to fit your narrative even after your own U.S. Senator said it was the locals that did it, not state or Federal.

By the way, federal laws trump state and local ones. Just as you getting robbed does not make it legal neither does some local official taking your gun because we have federal laws.

Old 02-26-2013, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
in the comment i responded to, you clarified " State and Federal". So i responded to that. now your argument is that it doesnt matter. You cant keep changing your argument to fit your narrative even after your own U.S. Senator said it was the locals that did it, not state or Federal.

By the way, federal laws trump state and local ones. Just as you getting robbed does not make it legal neither does some local official taking your gun because we have federal laws.
You're not getting this are you?

Just because it's done by some local police officer, a state officer or a federal officer it's still illegal. Just because that officer did it because he was ordered by someone to do it and they were wrong, it's still illegal. Just because the law suits later vindicated the people who had their guns taken doesn't make it ok.

Had someone been killed because they weren't able to defend themselves due to their gun being illegally confiscated that person would still be dead even though they were technically in the right. It still happened and it took months, sometimes years for people to be legally vindicated. None of that does any good when you need your self defense weapon now.

Old 02-27-2013, 10:33 AM

Anyone want to jump in during the day and explain this to us?

Old 08-14-2013, 03:21 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,743,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Well, THAT was DIFFERENT!
THAT was an EMERGENCY!
THAT was NECESSARY for safety!

Now that the excuses are out of the way, please explain why many (if not MOST) of the confiscated guns were never returned, and what happened to those guns that were not returned!
Progressives IE statist progress the power of the state and regress the power, liberty, and choices of the citizenry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies