Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 09:44 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,894,931 times

Advertisements

I live in this district and it sickens me. Here's someone connected to the Chicago Democrats, who wants the airport they want to build, who wants to outlaw guns and increase welfare. Ugh my area used to be 11th District until Jesse had it changed.

Not sure what I will do in the general election but likely to vote for the Republican just because I can't stand her. If Halvorson had won I would gladly vote for her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2013, 09:51 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
My definition of "pro gun" is someone asking for less restrictions. So no, i dont consider her pro gun.
Well that's interesting.

Old 02-26-2013, 09:55 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I live in this district and it sickens me. Here's someone connected to the Chicago Democrats, who wants the airport they want to build, who wants to outlaw guns and increase welfare. Ugh my area used to be 11th District until Jesse had it changed.

Not sure what I will do in the general election but likely to vote for the Republican just because I can't stand her. If Halvorson had won I would gladly vote for her.
Robin Kelly wants to outlaw guns ?

Old 02-26-2013, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Well that's interesting.
why ?

Old 02-26-2013, 11:42 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,495,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samcrow2 View Post
Rachel Maddow is saying that the win of the anti gun Democrat for the Jessie Jackson jr seat shows that the country is moving anti gun. Personally I don't see this. She admits in the piece that its the bluest of the blue areas. So why is a very liberal area that is anti gun anything but normal? I think she is trying desperately to be optimistic and spin horse crap into Egyptian cotton that she is either deluding herself or trying to keep the troops moral up.
All politics is local. And, obviously, you don't understand that.

Old 02-27-2013, 12:50 AM

49 posts, read 64,146 times
I have a very difficult time understanding why anyone listens to what is said on msnbc or fox.

Old 02-27-2013, 01:05 AM

3,040 posts, read 2,579,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoat29 View Post
I have a very difficult time understanding why anyone listens to what is said on msnbc or fox.
Fox really isn't what it used to be. I stopped watching Fox and started watching MSNBC and HLN, then CNN and now back to FOX.

They are by far the most unbias. They manufacture half as much crap as the others. In fact, they haven't manufactured anything in the last months or so since I started watching it again.

And I like their fiscally conservative approach.

Old 02-27-2013, 01:10 AM

10,029 posts, read 10,894,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Robin Kelly wants to outlaw guns ?
Pretty much, she blames everything on guns. Forget the fact that gangs still manage to get guns.

Old 02-28-2013, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean71 View Post
Fox really isn't what it used to be. I stopped watching Fox and started watching MSNBC and HLN, then CNN and now back to FOX.

They are by far the most unbias. They manufacture half as much crap as the others. In fact, they haven't manufactured anything in the last months or so since I started watching it again.

And I like their fiscally conservative approach.
How is fox the least bias ? i seriously dont get that logic, can you explain? What have the other networks manufactured and what is the percentage compared to FOX ?

And why were you watching HLN( seriously, all i have seen them talk about is celebrities and court cases, thats it)

Old 02-28-2013, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Pretty much, she blames everything on guns. Forget the fact that gangs still manage to get guns.
I honestly think conservatives are starting to label all gun control advocates as wanting to ban all guns even though they arent. I have read nothing that says that is what she wants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies