Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 02:43 PM

340 posts, read 495,853 times

Advertisements

Fienstein did not like the testimony that a shotgun was more deadly than an AR and that a Mini 14 with out a folding stock can shoot exactly the same at one with a folding stock. The Democrats tried desperately to pull the emotional trigger, waaaa my child was shot. Sorry for your tragedy but stop trying to change everyone's life style because of some crazy nut who shot up a school. If some crazy nut took a Mack truck and rammed a play ground packed with kids its horrible, but I don't want emotion to ban tractors.

Work on making schools more secure, guards, what ever it takes. But quit trying to change the constitution just to make yourself feel better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2013, 02:47 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,196,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samcrow2 View Post
Fienstein did not like the testimony that a shotgun was more deadly than an AR and that a Mini 14 with out a folding stock can shoot exactly the same at one with a folding stock. The Democrats tried desperately to pull the emotional trigger, waaaa my child was shot. Sorry for your tragedy but stop trying to change everyone's life style because of some crazy nut who shot up a school. If some crazy nut took a Mack truck and rammed a play ground packed with kids its horrible, but I don't want emotion to ban tractors.

Work on making schools more secure, guards, what ever it takes. But quit trying to change the constitution just to make yourself feel better.
Rants without a URL to see what the whole story is about are worthless......

Old 02-27-2013, 02:49 PM

23,864 posts, read 24,108,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Rants without a URL to see what the whole story is about are worthless......
I agree. I'm glad to hear that she didn't run the table, but without video, it *is* kind of worthless...

Old 02-27-2013, 02:52 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samcrow2 View Post

Shot guns may be more dangerous(the practical use), but just as certain type of car gets speeding tickets more because its a "cool car", the AR-15 and guns like it are more dangerous because they are the choice weapons of morons simply because they look a certain way.

and I havent seen you post much, so i will respond to the republican party candidate who said he would repeal Roe vs.Wade.

legislating away what you disagree with is something both sides do,the only time either has a problem with it is when they dont agree with the subject.

Also, I have never seen one line in the constitution that tells you what kind of gun you can carry. it says

Quote:
A WELL REGULATED Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Old 02-27-2013, 02:54 PM

23,864 posts, read 24,108,334 times
While we're waiting for someone to post something on YouTube, here's a flashback. Senator Dianne Feinstein talking about when she carried a concealed weapon, so she would be safe from the threats facing her...

Senator Dianne Feinstein shares how guns made her feel safe. - YouTube

Old 02-27-2013, 07:08 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,196,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Also, I have never seen one line in the constitution that tells you what kind of gun you can carry. it says

it also says "the right of the people shall not be infringed upon".

guess people just like to forget that part.

Old 02-27-2013, 07:22 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,861,118 times
Special Report: Firearm Facts -- the AR-15 | WTNH.com Connecticut

Old 02-27-2013, 07:27 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,950,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Shot guns may be more dangerous(the practical use), but just as certain type of car gets speeding tickets more because its a "cool car", the AR-15 and guns like it are more dangerous because they are the choice weapons of morons simply because they look a certain way.

and I havent seen you post much, so i will respond to the republican party candidate who said he would repeal Roe vs.Wade.

legislating away what you disagree with is something both sides do,the only time either has a problem with it is when they dont agree with the subject.

Stop spreading ignorant crap.

1. "regulated" does not mean "control, dictate, govern", it means "in good order" "well working", etc..

2. The prefatory clause is a statement of purpose, it does not expand or limit the scope of the operative clause (ie it has nothing to do with the operative clauses power).

3. The above two points are clearly established through reading the founders statements concerning it as well as what the SC affirmed with DC v Heller.

Try reading it sometime, that way... you won't come off foolishly ignorant.

Old 02-27-2013, 07:31 PM

488 posts, read 554,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
While we're waiting for someone to post something on YouTube, here's a flashback. Senator Dianne Feinstein talking about when she carried a concealed weapon, so she would be safe from the threats facing her...
I understand what you're trying to get at, but an AWB ban does not equal a concealed carry ban. There's nothing really hypocritical there unless she's proposing an outright CCW ban, also.

Old 02-27-2013, 07:31 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,820,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Stop spreading ignorant crap.

1. "regulated" does not mean "control, dictate, govern", it means "in good order" "well working", etc..

2. The prefatory clause is a statement of purpose, it does not expand or limit the scope of the operative clause (ie it has nothing to do with the operative clauses power).

3. The above two points are clearly established through reading the founders statements concerning it as well as what the SC affirmed with DC v Heller.

Try reading it sometime, that way... you won't come off foolishly ignorant.
Quoted for truth.

The dems usually lose the gun debate when they argue with feelings instead of facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies