Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2013, 08:53 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,922,232 times

Advertisements

So.. is it even considerable and possible that we the people can perhaps demand some level of :"Fair and Balanced" so-called reporting by the likes of Wolfie at CNN or (whomever over at Fox, which is only slightly better..) and then there's all the alphabet networks, who have lost all political and truth-seeking credibility with the public?

Point being, we are being led around like this...

http://www.rudyrucker.com/blog/images/nzpignose2.jpg

What happened to independent thinking and self-governance, with representation by our elected officials? Because then we have the POTUS deciding "he just doesn't like "so and so" results, and so will impose some Presidential executive orders, which are, in fact, not meant to be used by an ego-centric prez for his own legacy gains.

(Oh btw, here's the real metrics, that Wolfie has misrepresented just few moments ago, pre-the POTUS surprise conference...)

Americans Wanted Gun Background Checks to Pass Senate

Not exactly the oft-quoted 92 - 95% of Americans who, we're often assured by Wolfie, absolutely support a total background check system. I'm for it, but I also don't appreciate being lied to on a regular bassi on CNN.

At the least, switch to Fox, I say...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2013, 08:55 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,922,232 times
Default BTEW: Here it is:

A summary of Presidential Executive Orders and their history.

THE EXECUTIVE ORDER

Do check out Exec Orders 10995 and 11002, via the USPS! Lovely!

Old 04-30-2013, 09:04 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,829,916 times
All of them have reporting bias, even Fox; so switching to Fox will not solve that problem.

I have no idea why they have open bias in their reporting, maybe it is a combination of things; bias of the reporter; the editor; the organization; purposely to create ratings to a target market, etc.

For example, when the Georgia-Russia conflict broke out, it was obvious bias and outright lies on Fox over the incident, looking at it, it makes sense to have this bias given their target market.

For example, the Trayvon case; CNN stated Zimmerman was white, then moved on to white/Hispanic though CNN has never used this term before in any story that was not an opinion (that I am aware of). MSNBC, well, we all know the 911 call story. All of this done purposely to make the story more attractive for their target market.

These are news companies, but they are companies out to make money. I never understood why people jump all over any of them, they all have bias in my opinion.

Old 04-30-2013, 10:12 AM

2,061 posts, read 4,136,731 times
And yep~ faux news was on when I went to DMV~ reporter was pressing someone about the bombings during Boston marathon~ " is it true that 2 Saudi suspects have been taken into custody for the bombing?"

Not heard anywhere else to my knowledge and definitely totally false.

At least MSNBC always starts by saying this is a politically slanted program~~not heard on FOX
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies