Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 01:31 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
People tune in to the media sources that validate their existing opinions, for the most part. That's true of conservatives and liberals alike. As long as the personality involved validates the listener's opinions, the listener will give a pass to juvenile commentary, insults, and poor analyses, and even opinions that the listener doesn't generally agree with, but doesn't feel strongly about. Whether TV, websites, radio, or others, we like the people that express our own perspectives, and dislike those that express perspectives antithetical to ours.
+1000

I can't stand the medium myself, but when I do on occasion listen to it, its almost ALWAYS conservative talk radio.

Why in the hell would I listen to someone I agree with fir 3-4 hours? That's asenine and boring.

Old 03-01-2013, 01:32 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,210,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
That may be true, to some degree, but for a moderate voice, listen to Dennis Prager.
Prager is a conservatre, albeit more respectful and intellectual than Limbaugh, but he is still a conservative. The fact that you consider him moderate shows how partisan and extreme your views are. Which is exactly what talk radio is

Old 03-01-2013, 01:33 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,071,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Sigh. Now I know you're simply saying crap to say it. You have never listened to NPR nor will you ever. You're making things up just to be argumentative. Another one to add to my list.
You speak out of your ass, knowing nothing of what you speak of. I listened to it, in an attempt to be a conservative caller to counter their BS, but couldn't stomach the hate (like I can't stomach YOUR hate).

I hate evil, you hate good, Huge difference.

Old 03-01-2013, 01:35 PM

Quote:
You speak out of your ass, knowing nothing of what you speak of. I listened to it, in an attempt to be a conservative caller to counter their BS, but couldn't stomach the hate (like I can't stomach YOUR hate).

I hate evil, you hate good, Huge difference.
Typical talk radio talking points.

By the way, anyone that listens to NPR knows that they take few callers, for most of their shows (excluding the hobby ones) there is not a big focus on the callers

Old 03-01-2013, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Prager is a conservatre, albeit more respectful and intellectual than Limbaugh, but he is still a conservative. The fact that you consider him moderate shows how partisan and extreme your views are. Which is exactly what talk radio is
Everyone can judge for themselves what a LIAR you are.

This is my post in its entirety.

That may be true, to some degree, but for a moderate voice, listen to Dennis Prager. His tone is moderate, but he is right-on on his facts. He to recognizes how wrong Obama is for America.

Now as you can see I never said he was A moderate, and even stated it is his tone is moderate.

Further, your hateful statement that being conservative is extremest shows just what a HATER you are.

Old 03-01-2013, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Typical talk radio talking points.

By the way, anyone that listens to NPR knows that they take few callers, for most of their shows (excluding the hobby ones) there is not a big focus on the callers
Yes, I discoverd that as well. They leave no room for a dissenting voice. Another reason to leave them as Jetsom in the passage of Humanity through the sea of life.

Old 03-01-2013, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Everyone can judge for themselves what a LIAR you are.

This is my post in its entirety.

That may be true, to some degree,but for a moderate voice, listen to Dennis Prager. His tone is moderate, but he is right-on on his facts. He to recognizes how wrong Obama is for America.

Now as you can see I never said he was A moderate, and even stated it is his tone is moderate.

Further, your hateful statement that being conservative is extremest shows just what a HATER you are.
Typical talk radio fan, insults and gross characterizations.

Old 03-01-2013, 01:45 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,167,640 times
Quote:
Unhinged is what I call it.

Old 03-01-2013, 01:48 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
I don't know if you were aware of this, but we generally judge people in this country according to their own character and accomplishments, not that of their father. I think President Obama would certainly agree with that notion.
You don't say!

Quote:
Although, I'd have to say, I'd rate Rush's father better than most politicians any day of the week.
There's no accounting for some folks' taste.

Last edited by Old Gringo; 03-01-2013 at 02:04 PM..

Old 03-01-2013, 01:48 PM

Quote:
That's why I called them out on it. I've noticed Libs are reall good at calling other all sort of hateful things (witness the venom spewed at Sarah Palin, for example), but get high, mighty and pompous when somebody returns fire.

We get used to it, because I am going to return fire until you haters stop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies