Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 09:18 AM

7,855 posts, read 10,290,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Lots of Catholics in the U.S. are liberal. The new evangelical Catholic is a new phenomena (and a bad one) in the U.S. But if you want to start talking about conservative Catholics I suggest you start with Africa and South America, with the exception of where liberation theology has taken hold.
catholics voting republican is also a relativley new phenomenon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2013, 11:34 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,167,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
The church has nothing to do with politics. I am glad that he is South American, as 45% of all Catholics are from South and Central America.

If the Pope believes in "global warming", that just means he is just as gullible as you. We do know, however, that the Pope is intelligent, which shows that some intelligent people can be fooled as well. Most intelligent people, of course, did not buy into the global warming scam. Fear not! All those who believed in global warming will deny ever "really" believing it in a few years, as the leftists are masters of revisionist history and short memories. They will probably say in a few years that "global warming" was a crazy conservative plot!
It's called global climate change & it is indeed a fact. Perhaps you should go take some classes, you'd be amazed at what you can learn.

Old 03-20-2013, 11:53 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,733,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
i thought the bulk of neo cons were either jews or fundamentalist christians ?
No. For the most part, most Jews are Democrats. Orthodox Jews tend to be Republican, but there aren't as many orthodox Jews as non-orthodox.

Old 03-20-2013, 11:54 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,733,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
catholics voting republican is also a relativley new phenomenon
Yes it is. At one time Catholic and Democrat went hand in hand. I think Catholic turned into Evangelical Lite.

Old 03-20-2013, 12:33 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
....and thus dies this badly informed skidmark of a thread.

Old 03-20-2013, 12:58 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,594,973 times
OP," neo-con" and Catholic is a diametrically opposed statement.

I am liberal, Catholic, and could care less about global warming as far as religion is concerned. But good luck with your myopia.

Politics and religion do not fit together in a neatly wrapped package. Study and research history.

Old 03-20-2013, 01:17 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,945,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Yes it is. At one time Catholic and Democrat went hand in hand. I think Catholic turned into Evangelical Lite.

You are wrong, Catholic didn't turn Evangelical Lite - Democrat turned Chavez.

Old 03-20-2013, 01:20 PM

7,855 posts, read 10,290,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
No. For the most part, most Jews are Democrats. Orthodox Jews tend to be Republican, but there aren't as many orthodox Jews as non-orthodox.
well the architects of the whole neo con project were largely jewish

bill krystol
paul wolfowitz
richard perle
douglas feith

i would have thought the neo conservative wing of the GOP was still a minority , i wouldnt call romney a neo conservative , i wouldnt have called george w bush one either , cheney was , as was rumsfeld and of course john bolton

Old 03-20-2013, 01:28 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:
The church has nothing to do with politics. I am glad that he is South American, as 45% of all Catholics are from South and Central America.

If the Pope believes in "global warming", that just means he is just as gullible as you. We do know, however, that the Pope is intelligent, which shows that some intelligent people can be fooled as well. Most intelligent people, of course, did not buy into the global warming scam. Fear not! All those who believed in global warming will deny ever "really" believing it in a few years, as the leftists are masters of revisionist history and short memories. They will probably say in a few years that "global warming" was a crazy conservative plot!
Are you saying the Pope is a dope!??!

[]

Old 03-20-2013, 01:58 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:

The Catholic Church on Climate Change:

"The Catholic Church today, from the Vatican to the U.S. Conference on Catholic Bishops to individual parishes in communities across the country, works to increase awareness about climate change and its risks among lay Catholics; educates individuals, churches, schools, religious colleges and universities, and other Catholic institutions about how to cut energy use and live more sustainably; and advocates in support of legislative action by state governments, the U.S. Congress, and the U.N. Framework Convention on Climate Change to curb carbon emissions."

The Catholic Church and Climate Change | The Yale Forum on Climate Change & The Media

The current pope is simply reiterating what has been the church's position for many years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies